Wireless thermostats are the symbol of modern technology. They are highly advanced to the extent that a good number of them are compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, Samsung SmartThings, and more. They measure temperature and even keep it at the desired level, so you can be comfortable at home. They are very easy to operate, especially those that work with Alexa and other devices. Ideally, wireless thermostats come with various Apps to allow you to adjust the temperature of your home even when you are not around. With them, you will be able to save a lot on energy bills. So, go ahead and choose one from the top 10 best wireless thermostats reviews below.
1. Nest (T3007ES) Learning Thermostat – Third Generation
Technology improves every day. And one way to keep pace with it is to have gadgets designed with advanced technology. A good example of these gadgets is the Nest T3007ES Learning Thermostat. It works with Alexa, meaning you can control it through voice commands. It is the third generation Nest Learning Thermostat; thus, expect all of its features to be improved. Its display is easy to read to further make it much easier and more convenient to use. Because of its advanced features, this wireless thermostat only needs a few manual adjustments to learn your habits and start saving you money by automatically adjusting the temperature. It will light up to show you the temperature, time or weather; thanks to a special feature called the Farsight. The Farsight is big and bright enough to let you see it from across the room.
- Easy to install and has plenty of good reviews
- Nest is responsive and stands with their products
- The thermostat has lots of neat features
- The Eco function is a nice touch
- It helps users save a lot of money in the long run
- The software should be improved
2. Honeywell Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat (RTH6580WF)
Honeywell hardly disappoints. Their Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat works with Alexa for voice control. It boasts 7-day programming with 4 program periods each day that you can configure to meet nearly any scheduling scenario for unrivaled flexibility. With this wireless thermostat, you will be able to view local weather from the app or web portal. The thermostat comes with screws and anchors to make installation a breeze. It also comes with a user guide and quick start guide to make sure you have a great experience using it. It works with Google Assistant, IFTTT, Stringify, Wink, Yonomi, Samsung SmartThings, and of course, Alexa (all devices are sold separately). Please note that the device requires Note-c wire, which is the primary power source for the thermostat. The Honeywell RTH6580WF is an affordable device that makes a great purchase for anyone who wants to make their homes smarter but is on a budget.
- Making changes is a cakewalk
- The price is right for the functionality
- Connects to Alexa without any issues
- The manufacturer’s app is very useable
- The shipping is free and fast
- The support center should be reachable
3. Emerson Sensi Wi-Fi Thermostat for Smart Home
The Emerson Sensi Wi-Fi Thermostat is ENERGY STAR certified to help you save on your HVAC energy costs. It has such amazing features as geofencing, remote access, 7-day flexible scheduling, and energy usage reports. Ideally, it is very easy to install, with less than 30 minutes required. It boasts extensive compatibility, which enables it to work with HVAC equipment found in most homes. It is also compatible with Apple HomeKit (common wire required), Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, as well as Wink smart home platforms. What’s more, the wireless thermostat comes with a free mobile app for iOS and Android devices. The app will allow you to remotely control your home from your tablet or smartphone. This means you will get updates regardless of where you are. With this thermostat, you will enjoy more comfort and savings than ever before.
- Works very well with Alexa
- Easy to install and set up
- The free Sensi App works fine
- The step-by-step instructions are clear
- The customer support is very helpful
- A few customers have complained about the Wi-Fi connectivity
4. Honeywell Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat (RTH9585WF1004/W)
You can program this wireless thermostat to fit your lifestyle. It will let you personalize your comfort at home and use it to the fullest. It has smart response technology that learns the cooling and heating cycles of your home in order to deliver the perfect temperature every time. Another wonderful feature of this thermostat is the color touchscreen display, which is large and very easy to read. The color display of the touchscreen can be changed to match the style and décor of your home. Other amazing features of this programmable thermostat are degrees Celsius and degrees Fahrenheit temperatures, language preferences, and HI/LO settings. The AI Technology makes it possible to control the thermostat via voice commands. Also, this device will provide you with alerts when your phone loses internet connection or when the filters of your humidifier need to be changed.
- Installation is a breeze and features are excellent
- Arrives on time to avoid any inconveniences
- The display is bright enough
- Smart Response Technology is a great feature
- Allows users to adjust/set temperature day by day
- Like most thermostats, the App of this unit could be better
5. Honeywell Smart Wi-Fi 7 Day Programmable Thermostat (RTH9580WF)
One feature that will definitely impress you is the Honeywell’s Total Connect Comfort Service. The feature allows remote access to this wireless thermostat through a tablet, smartphone or computer. Another amazing feature is the locking touchscreen that has advanced locking features and password options to provide ultimate security and convenience. The thermostat also comes equipped with a customizable screen color. That being said, you will be able to control the screen color of the thermostat’s display to match the décor of your home. Best of all, you can do that anywhere provided you have your Android or iOS device nearby. The thermostat works with Alexa for voice control. As such, you can operate it through voice commands. To install the thermostat properly, the manufacturer advises that you use a C-wire. Save money on energy by acquiring this device as soon as possible.
- Bright and easy to use
- The colors can be customized
- Appears to have more features than most thermostats
- Very slick and modern looking
- Temperature can be adjusted from anywhere
- The customer service should be more useful
6. Emerson Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat with Color Touchscreen
According to USA Today’s Reviewed.com, this is the “best overall” thermostat you are yet to meet. With it, you will save around 23-percent of HVAC energy. It is ENERGY STAR certified, and that’s exactly why we recommend it for you. It installs in 30 minutes or less. And this is because it comes with illuminated easy-click terminals as well as step-by-step instructions. In addition, this wireless thermostat boasts massive compatibility that will let you use it with Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Wink smart home platforms. It has a high-definition touchscreen color display, which, in turn, features backglow for easy reading. Like most wireless thermostats, this unit requires common wire (c-wire) for installation. Besides, it comes with a free mobile app for Android and iOS devices. It will take the convenience in your home to the next level.
- Looks modern and attractive
- The price is reasonable for the quality
- The backlight is a cool feature
- The screen is very nice
- Very easy to install and has an intuitive app
- The customer service could be better
7. ecobee Black 3 Lite Smart Thermostat (EB-STATE3LT)
You will save up to 23-percent every year if you go for the ecobee Wireless Thermostat. With that said, this is a device worth spending on, given that it pays for itself. And it does that in just less than a couple of years. To enjoy it to the fullest, simply have it installed in rooms that matter the most to you. Once you have done that, sit back and get ready to have a balanced temperature throughout your entire home. It works with room sensors (2-pack sold separately) that measure both temperature and occupancy. By so doing, these sensors allow the thermostat to automatically switch to the right mode to provide you with unforgettable comfort. The thermostat takes just around 30 minutes to install; thanks to the easy-to-follow installation guide and an in-app step-by-step walkthrough.
- ecobee customer service is responsive
- Works well with Echo Dot and Alexa
- The scheduling function is useful
- It helps make temperature at night much more comfortable
- Remote sensors are fantastic features
- Quite difficult to reconnect after rebooting
8. ThermoPro TP63 Wireless Indoor Outdoor Thermometer
The selling point of this wireless thermometer is the construction. It is completely sealed and waterproofed, so it can work even in the most hostile environments. It transmits readings up to 200ft/60m using a signal range of up to 433MHz. Another selling point is the remote sensor, which has rechargeable lithium battery technology to monitor temperature as low as -40 degrees Fahrenheit/degrees Celsius. Furthermore, this thermometer has a touchable backlight LCD screen, which displays indoor and outdoor temperature as well as indoor humidity with high & low records and trend arrows. It tracks environmental conditions in 4 locations with extra sensors. The 1-year warranty it comes with means the manufacturer fully backs it and will be willing to help in the event that it comes with some defects. Ideally, the 1-year warranty can be extended to 3 years by simply registering the product after purchase.
- The outdoor temp monitor comes with rechargeable batteries
- Gives accurate temp results
- The customer support is exceptional
- The backlit improves convenience
- The design is simple but very functional
- Does not provide outdoor humidity
9. Orbit Clear Comfort Programmable Thermostat (83521)
Because of its beautiful and contemporary design, this wireless thermostat perfectly complements any décor. It has a large display and warm backlight to allow you to read with much ease even from across the room. Moreover, this programmable thermostat has Early Start Mode, which ensures that the desired temperature is reached by the programmed time. By so doing, the Early Start Mode enables the thermostat to create a comfortable home for maximum relaxation. With the thermostat’s 7-Day programmability, you will be able to program each day individually with up to four programming periods. The thermostat boasts accurate temperature readings of +/-1 degree in Celsius and Fahrenheit. It is a one-stage unit, which works with oil, gas, central air conditioners, central heating and cooling systems, central air conditioners, heat pumps, and electric furnaces.
- Easy to install and read
- Great for the price
- Accurate and simple to use
- Works with conventional AC and other devices
- The backlight is a huge bonus
- Modern; hence, blends perfectly with most décors
- Does not support automatic switching between heat and cool
10. AcuRite Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer and Humidity Sensor (00611A3)
AcuRite knows that accuracy is really important in a wireless thermostat. That being said, their 00611A3 wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer provides precise and reliable temperature results. The unit also has a humidity sensor that gives correct humidity readings. Its LCD screen is bold and easy to read. As such, you will have an easy time reading the current indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity. The device comes with a 1-year limited warranty that protects against any unfortunates. It deserves a shout-out because it works great, and it is loaded with features like low battery indicator light, powerful wireless technology, and an integrated hanger, which allows for quick and easy mounting. The thermometer and humidity sensor has strong signal penetration that increases its chances of providing accurate temperature every time. As if that’s not enough, it displays daily highs in either Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- The price is simply unbeatable
- The screen is very easy to read
- Uses fewer batteries (4) than most thermostats (8) to power up
- The stand is stable
- Does not take up much space
- The customer service leaves a lot to be desired
Before you buy a wireless thermostat, there are a number of things you must put into consideration. These include price, accuracy, reliability, and, for some reasons, customer service. Lucky for you, we put those factors into consideration when writing this article. For this reason, we are certain that you will not have problems with the thermostat you will choose from the list above.