Constructing a fence around your yard in the name of preventing your dog from going astray will not just damage your yard but also it is very costly. So, if you have a stubborn dog that is hard to train and likes going to places it should be, investing in a wireless dog fence is a great move. A dog fence always comes with a collar receiver, transmitter, and other accessories. All accessories work together to create an invisible boundary that your dog should not go past. If he does, the unit will beep and then deliver a harmless stimulation to remind your pet where she should be. The following top 10 best wireless dog fence reviews talk about these products to let you identify a suitable model without breaking a sweat.
- 1. PetSafe Wireless Containment System
- 2. Extreme Dog Fence Second Generation -2019- Standard Grade Kit Packages
- 3. SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence Systems – 100 Acre Capability
- 4. WIEZ Fence Wireless & Training Collar
- 5. FOCUSER Electric Wireless Fence System
- 6. OKPET Wireless Dog Fence Containment System
- 7. OCACA 2019 Updated Wireless Dog Fence System
- 8. COVONO KD660B Electric Dog Fence System
- 9. Karotezh Electric Dog Fence Wireless pet Containment System
- 10. JUSTPET Wireless 2-in-1 Dog Fence Training Collar System
1. PetSafe Wireless Containment System
Burying wires to prevent your pet from going past the set boundary is time-consuming and, to some extent, very hectic. This wireless dog and cat containment system promotes convenience by allowing you to create a secure and reliable barrier around your yard. It offers half an acre of circular coverage, which is fine. Additionally, this wireless dog fence will let your cat or dog get back home without being corrected if he goes past the boundary. It sets up in only a few hours, and it is ideal for vacation homes and camping adventures. Additionally, it features a comfortable collar that comfortably fits dogs weighing at least 8 pounds. The collar is adjustable and fits neck sizes ranging from 6 – 28 inches. The battery of the collar lasts up to a couple of months before the low battery indicator lets you know that it is time to get new batteries.
- Dogs learn how to use it pretty fast
- Dogs do not mind having it at all
- The shock is not painful
- The unit works great
- Comes with directions on how to use it
- Some customers think that the 30-second stimulation is far too long
2. Extreme Dog Fence Second Generation -2019- Standard Grade Kit Packages
This kit covers up to 6 acres, making it a wonderful choice for pet owners with big yards. It includes a collar receiver, which is fully waterproof and is submersible up to 10 feet deep. This means your pet can swim with the collar comfortably wrapped around her neck and nothing will happen. Other accessories included in this kit are a digital transmitter, training flags, splice kits, and 20-gauge boundary wire with heavy protective jacket. The kit comes with a 1-year warranty that can be extended to a 5-year warranty simply by having it registered. The collar receiver comes with a battery so you can begin using the kit immediately you get it. Extreme Dog Fence has a great reputation for performance and reliability. Therefore, we are certain that this kit will work great for you.
- Customer service is reliable and very helpful
- The price is great
- The strength of the correction of the collar is adjustable
- The twisted wire is very convenient
- The collar holds up well
- Installation is time-consuming
3. SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence Systems – 100 Acre Capability
This kit comes with all the essential accessories to cover 1-1/3 acres of land for a single dog. Ideally, you can expand it to provide coverage up to 100 acres with more flags and wires. Like we have seen with other top-notch brands, this system the included of this system is waterproof and uses a standard 9-volt battery, which lasts for 6 – 12 months. The collar fits dogs weighing 10 pounds and up and it beeps and vibrates when the dog tries to go past the boundary. If the dog does not adhere to this, the collar will move to 1 of 4 static stimulation levels. Stimulation levels vary so you can get what best works for your pet. This system is backed by a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty for peace of mind during purchase.
- The wire is long enough
- Instructions are easy to follow
- Works great at preventing dogs going past the boundary
- The system delivers results quickly
- Customer support is fantastic
- The battery on the collar is a bit large and may get on the way
4. WIEZ Fence Wireless & Training Collar
The manufacturer of this wireless dog fence is one of the first to come up with the most advanced 2.4G frequency technology, which consistently offers a more accurate and stable signal transmission than other dog training systems. When in fenced mode, the wireless & training collar boasts a control diameter of up to 1968 feet from 98 feet. That being said, this collar is great for training your dog when you are outside. When the dog goes out of range, it will make a sound to remind the dog to go back. But if the dog fails to listen to this, the collar will produce a 3.7-volt low-voltage mild electrostatic shock to force the dog to go back to the right area. The vibration, sound, and static warning functions have a 1 – 6 action duration adjustment each.
- Affordable and easy to set up
- Customer service is excellent
- The matte finish of the remote control is very cool
- The remote control comes with a strap to hang around your neck
- The remote control is easy to use and feels great in the hands
- Sometimes it loses signal
5. FOCUSER Electric Wireless Fence System
Keeping your dog safely in your yard should not be a difficult task because now there are high-performance wireless dog fences like the FOCUSER Electric Wireless Fence System. It is very easy to use since all you need to do is to plug in the transmitter and then pair the receivers. You do not need to dig or bury wires. It is designed for dogs weighing 10 and 110 pounds and with neck sizes ranging from 8 – 21 inches. The collar, which it comes with, is water-resistant with a rating of IP67. Needless to say, it will hold up well to wet grass, sprinklers, and the rain. The wireless dog fence system is effective from 25 – 500 meters, and it comes with a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee to ensure worry-free buying.
- The user manual makes setup a breeze
- It helps keep dogs safe
- The collar stands up well to water and dirt
- Great for dogs that keep on running away
- Dogs learn what the system wants them to do very fast
- You must turn the transmitter first and then the receiver collar
6. OKPET Wireless Dog Fence Containment System
We love this wireless dog fence system because first, it is not overpriced and second, it lets you customize a cordless radial shaped boundary via adjustable levels from 10 – 1000 ft in radius. By so doing, the wireless dog fence system allows you to create an invisible circular fenced perimeter that will limit your dog. The wireless system beeps and delivers a static shock should your dog go past the set activity range. The system features a dog collar receiver that does all these. The collar receiver has an anti-over shocking design, meaning your dog will not be harmed. The collar is also effective and easy to use plus it boasts a stable signal and fast synchronization. Moreover, it is rated IPX7 to stand up to wet grass, sprinklers, and the rain.
- Does a great job of keeping dogs in the yard
- The battery lasts a long time
- The battery is rechargeable
- Very easy to set up
- The price is very reasonable
- The long beeps could be more consistent
7. OCACA 2019 Updated Wireless Dog Fence System
We like the fact that this wireless dog fence system is updated. This is because the updated design will let you set it up more easily without wasting time in the name of matching codes. Some of the parts that are updated in this system are rubber caps that come in handy when you do not want the shock function. Another feature that makes this wireless dog fence a stunning purchase is the remote-control center. It boasts a wide range of 33 – 330 yards in radius plus it has 3 warning modes. The modes are automatically activated once your pet goes past the set activity range. Besides, this wireless dog fence is powered by a rechargeable battery that has an incredibly long life. The 100-percent satisfaction means you should invest in this wireless dog fence system without thinking twice.
- The remote control center is handy
- Easy to maintain and works as advertised
- Perfect for smaller dogs
- The battery is long-lasting
- Comes with in-depth instructions on how to set it up
- Not the most consistent
8. COVONO KD660B Electric Dog Fence System
The COVONO Electric Dog Fence System comes with a 650ft boundary wire that is thicker as well as more flexible than the old electric dog fence system by the same company. The system covers up to ¾ acre, and this can be expanded to more areas using extra wires. This system is an effective pet trainer. It has a receiver that sends out shocks and beeps as your pet approaches the boundary. The closer the pet goes, the more intense the shock will be. By so doing, the wireless dog fence system ensures that dogs know the no-go zones very well. It is ideal for all kinds of dogs weighing 10 – 120 pounds. Additionally, the wireless dog fence is backed by a lifetime warranty as well as coming with a 90-day guarantee.
- Perfect for stubborn pets
- The flags are a bonus
- Works great and is easy to hook up
- Very easy to use after setting it up
- The battery lasts longer
- Comes with plenty of extra wires
- Directions must be followed during setup, lest it will not work
9. Karotezh Electric Dog Fence Wireless pet Containment System
Some dogs are stubborn and hard to train. They trespass spaces they should not be in. The Karotezh Electric Dog Fence Wireless System is designed to bring such dogs to the right track. It customizes a cordless radial shaped boundary using adjustable levels from 98 – 984ft. By so doing, the wireless pet containment system trains dogs to learn the off-limit places. Setting this unit up and using it is a breeze, as all you need to do is to plug in the transmitter, pair the transmitter with the receiver and voila! You are done. You do not need to dig any fences or bury any wires. The system comes with two collars, and each of these collars has 2 different sizes of contact points so they can accommodate dogs with both long and short neck hairs.
- The unit seems to be of great quality
- The price is good
- The fence is not very heavy
- Most dogs learn how it works very quickly
- Easy and quick to remove
- Instructions are not the best
10. JUSTPET Wireless 2-in-1 Dog Fence Training Collar System
This is a 2-in-1 system that combines an outdoor wireless fence system with a dog training mode to provide you with incredible results. The outdoor wireless fence system is adjustable up to 164.1 yards, and, as its name suggests, it is perfect for outdoor use only. The dog training mode, on the other hand, boasts 3 functions, which are sound, shock, and vibration. The mode can be used anywhere, and it is perfect for all sizes and breeds of dogs. Another great feature of this wireless dog fence is that its wireless signal is very stable. Therefore, provided you are outdoors, rest assured it will work regardless of the terrain. It is way better than its predecessors. What’s more, this wireless dog fence comes with an IPX7 waterproof collar receiver.
- Works well in wooded and hilly areas
- Instructions are very easy to understand
- Does not require you to destroy or dig your yard
- It helps keep dogs safe
- The remote control is large and easy to use
- The unit may be defective, but manufacturer and seller are responsive and helpful
Pet owners should consider a wireless dog fence. This is because these units are simple to use and dogs learn how they work much faster than anticipated. They are effective and you will not have to break the bank to have them. But not all work well; therefore, you need to read reviews like these before deciding what you want for your pet.