Since the turn of the 21st century, technology has been steadily advancing. And it is this advancement in technology that has led to the introduction of smartwatches, smart TVs, smartphones, smart appliances, and now smart light switches. Smart light switches are Wi-Fi enabled and can be controlled in several ways. You can control them with your voice via Alexa or Google Assistant or you can control them through your phone. These switches can also be controlled manually. They make life much simpler as well as beefing up security in your living space. To help you know more about them, we have compiled the following top 10 best Wi-Fi light switches reviews.
Best WiFi Light Switches – [Reviews & Buying Guide]
- 1. TP-Link Kasa Smart Light Switch (HS200)
- 2. Leviton DW15S-1BZ Wi-Fi 15A Universal Switch
- 3. Gosund Smart Switch with Remote Control and Schedule
- 4. TREATLIFE Smart Life Switch (1 PACK)
- 5. Martin Jerry Smart Switch
- 6. GE, 14292 White Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Life Switch
- 7. Yeewell Smart Light Switch & Alexa Smart Double Switch
- 8. Etekcity Smart Light Switch (2 Pack)
- 9. Aoycocr Smart Light Switch
- 10. SUFEINI Alexa Smart Light Switch (2 Gang)
1. TP-Link Kasa Smart Light Switch (HS200)
This Wi-Fi smart light switch is a stunning investment because it gives you an opportunity to control your electronics regardless of where you are. It is highly compatible, and this means you will be able to use it immediately you receive it.
It is worth noting that this smart light switch works in a single-pole setup only. What’s more, installing this smart light switch only takes seconds and requires basic electrical wiring experience only. Controlling your light in a smart way is now a breeze; thanks to the TP-Link Kasa Smart Light Switch (HS200).
- Away mode
- Wireless design
- White finish
- Scheduling and timer
- No hub design
- Easy to install and works as advertised
- The switch is cool to the touch
- Works consistently both with Alexa and the app
- No hub is needed
- The App gives amazing control over the switch
- Looks nice on the wall
- Requires you to push the bottom to turn it on and off
2. Leviton DW15S-1BZ Wi-Fi 15A Universal Switch
Leviton loves it when you are less inconvenienced and have total control over your electronics. That’s why it has come up with the Leviton DW15S-1BZ model. It is an advanced Wi-Fi light switch that gives you a chance to control your electronics from anywhere.
It works with both iOS and Android phones, meaning you will not be forced to look for a new handset after you have bought it. Moreover, this Wi-Fi light switch is very compatible. It can be used with Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. Needless to say, you can operate this switch via voice command.
- Compact design
- White finish
- Optional colors
- Works with Alexa
- The app is convenient and very nice
- Instructions are clear and helpful
- The design is much more intuitive
- The warranty is very long
- The installation guide has good diagrams
- Not very energy efficient
3. Gosund Smart Switch with Remote Control and Schedule
There is nothing fun about controlling your home devices manually. That’s why you need a high-performance Wi-Fi light switch like the Gosund Smart Switch with Remote Control. It allows you to control your devices via your mobile phone. This means, with it, you will be able to control them from anywhere.
The Wi-Fi smart switch really makes life convenient and should be in the home of everyone who is looking to go smart. It is important to note that this smart switch needs neutral and live load wires to be powered.
- Free Gosund App
- Voice control
- Compatible with IFTTT
- Rectangle in shape
- Instructions are clear and easy to understand
- Setup is simple and easy
- The price is very competitive
- The IFTTT integration is impressive
- Compatible with Google Home and Alexa
- The LED is on when the light is on
4. TREATLIFE Smart Life Switch (1 PACK)
Before we start reviewing the TREATLIFE Smart Life Switch, it is crucial to note that it is for 2.4G Wi-Fi only and not 5G. Away from that; this smart life switch has what it takes to completely transform your living space.
With it, you will be able to create schedules so your lights can be turned on and off according to your everyday routines. Furthermore, this smart life switch helps beef up security. And it achieves that by simulating occupancy while you are away on vacation. By simulating occupancy, this smart life switch will trick potential intruders.
- Vacation mode
- Automated schedules
- Countdown timer
- Voice-activated lighting
- Group control
- Has an elegant LED light
- Installation is extremely easy and simple
- The app is easy to use
- Looks nice and has an amazing quality
- Instructions are easy to read and understand
- The body of the switch is a little bigger than expected
5. Martin Jerry Smart Switch
Martin Jerry is a professional manufacturer and seller of voice-activated devices. It does its work so well, and that’s why we are thrilled to have one of its products in these reviews. It has 10 years of experience, and this means it will not disappoint.
That being said, we are happy to have one of its products in these reviews. It supports 2.4G Wi-Fi and does a good job of making your life much more convenient than ever. It is important to note that the smart switch does not support 5G plus it is not a dimmer switch.
- One-way switch
- 2.4G Home Wi-Fi network
- Voice and App Control
- No distracting LED glow when you want to sleep
- Instructions are great and installation is a breeze
- The price is very affordable
- Works with smart life App
- The switch comes well packaged
- The switch is large in width and depth
6. GE, 14292 White Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Life Switch
Although this smart life switch needs a Z-wave certified hub, this should not be a deal breaker. This is because the smart life switch works well in keeping your home safe and making your life convenient and easy.
It boasts hassle-free operation that allows you to control it remotely via your mobile phone or a voice command. You can also manually turn it on and off. The Wi-Fi light switch increases energy efficiency. Needless to say, it will play a role in reducing your electric bill.
- On/off controls
- Faster processor
- 4X more memory
- 3-way style
- Installing the switch is straightforward
- The switch looks good once installed
- Works great with Amazon Alexa
- Perfect in a 3-way installation
- Can be controlled via phone, manually or through automation
- The directions for installing the switch are not great
7. Yeewell Smart Light Switch & Alexa Smart Double Switch
One good thing about smart light switch is that it allows you to turn it on with your voice. The Yeewell Smart Light Double Switch is in this category, and that’s why it is here. What’s more, this switch can also be operated via phone.
All you need to do is to download the Smart Life App and then sync it with your switch so you can operate it anywhere anytime. The manufacturer of this smart light switch is an honest manufacturer that encourages customers to contact it should there be an issue with its product.
- Fashionable design
- Single-pole switch
- App control
- 2.4G Wi-Fi
- The switch is solidly constructed
- The faceplate has a nice clean look with no visible screws
- The LED shows when the switch is connected to Wi-Fi
- The Smart Life App, which the switch works with, is simple to use
- Can be controlled by voice via Amazon Alexa
- No dimmer
8. Etekcity Smart Light Switch (2 Pack)
A good smart light switch should be easy to install. The Etekcity Smart Light Switches are not just easy to install but also they are made by a reputable manufacturer. They will completely transform your home; making it a smart home.
It is worth noting that these switches require neutral, load line wires and work with only a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. They do not support 5G. Nevertheless, this is not a big issue because most smart light switches in this category only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi. Once installed, the switches are extremely easy to operate.
- Remote control
- Flame retardant material
- Overheat protection
- Schedule and timer
- Group function
- Voice control
- Away mode
- Device share
- Great for the price
- Fairly easy to install
- Instructions are pretty good
- The Wi-Fi symbol stays lit to let you know there is a connection
- The VeSync app is easy to use
- Does not work without a neutral line
9. Aoycocr Smart Light Switch
Like most Wi-Fi smart light switches around, the Aoycocr Smart Light Switch needs a neutral wire to function. It, however, does not need the hub. Well, we can confidently say that it is a fairly easy-to-deal-with light switch. It is important to note that the smart light switch only supports 2.4G.
Whether you want to beef up security, save energy, or simply want to make your life simple, this light switch is for you. You can automate it so it can turn on and off exactly when you need it to.
- LED indicator
- On/off manual switch
- Voice control
- Light on your schedule
- Step-by-step instructions
- Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa compatible
- Remote control
- Automatic and manual functions work well
- The LEDs on the front are handy
- The switch arrives well packaged
- Works perfectly with Amazon Alexa
- The switch is well made
- There must be a neutral line for the switch to work
10. SUFEINI Alexa Smart Light Switch (2 Gang)
Some smart light switches need a hub to work while others do not. Well, we are glad to tell you that the SUFEINI Alexa Smart Light Switches do not require a hub to function. They are convenient smart light switches that you simply need to install, set up, and enjoy the service they have to offer.
Another thing that makes the switches very convenient to use is the fact that they can be controlled in multiple ways. Ideally, you can control them from anywhere using a mobile phone. You can also turn them on and off via your voice.
- Android 4.1 and iOS 8.0 above compatible
- Multiple control methods
- No hub required
- Supports 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
- Allows you to control lights from across the bedroom
- Extremely easy to set up
- Great for those who always forget to turn their switches on or off
- Setting schedule time is a breeze
- Works great with Alexa
- The metal wings on each side make the switch take up way too much room
Buyer’s Guide for the Best WiFi Light Switches
Before you buy a Wi-Fi light switch, consider the following factors.
It is obvious that one of the reasons why you are buying a light switch is that you want to cut down electric costs. Therefore, it makes a lot of sense to go for a unit, which does not consume a lot of energy.
The app that’s supposed to work with your light switch should be convenient and simple to use. It should be easy to set up so you are not frustrated with anything.
Apart from choosing a switch with an easy-to-use and setup app, you should make sure the switch is easy to install. Well, an easy-to-install switch is one that comes with clear instructions. It also comes with all accessories.
A good smart light switch should be well certified to give you peace of mind during use. Some of the certifications your switch should have are FCC certification, ETL listing, CE certification, and RoHS certification.
To avoid inconveniences, make sure you know the dimensions of your switch box. After that, choose a light switch with dimensions that perfectly fit your switch box. By so doing, you will avoid ending up with a light switch that is too large to fit on the switch box or so small that installing it on your switch box becomes almost impossible.
There are several appliances and devices that make our lives much simpler than ever before. One of these items is the Wi-Fi light switch. A Wi-Fi light switch can be controlled anywhere at any time. It can also be controlled by voice, given that it is Alexa and Google Assistant compatible. If you wish to go smart, investing in a smart light switch is mandatory.