A standing fan is a great investment during hot summer days. This is because it has an elevated design that enables it to put out air effectively and increase ventilation in the room. Besides, its upright design makes it great for larger rooms. These fans also do not take up a lot of space, meaning you can fit them virtually anywhere. The best part is despite having a towering design, standing fans do not tip over easily. Their bases are normally sturdy and reasonably wide to improve stability. If you are reading this with the hope of finding the right brand, you are in the right place. So, go ahead and check out our top 10 best standing fans reviews.
Table Best Standing Fans
- 1. Lasko 16 in. Remote Control Stand Fan (1646)
- 2. Honeywell Quietset 8-Speed Whole-Room Tower Fan (HYF290B)
- 3. Rowenta Turbo silence Stand Fan (VU5670)
- 4. Holmes 31inch Oscillating Tower Fan (HTF311A-BTM)
- 5. AmazonBasics Oscillating Standing Pedestal Fan
- 6. Comfort Zone 3-Speed 16-inch Pedestal Fan (CZST161BTE)
- 7. KLARSTEIN Silent Storm Pedestal Fan
- 8. Hurricane Pro Series 20 Inch Stand Fan
- 9. PELONIS 16” DC motor Ultra Quiet Pedestal Fan (FS40-19PRD)
- 10. Hunter 90438 16” RETRO Stand Fan
1. Lasko 16 in. Remote Control Stand Fan (1646)
You will have this fan assembled within a cinch. This is because all it requires is a simple no-tools assembly. Furthermore, it comes with simple instructions on how to assemble the base mount to the extension pipe, grill, and fan blades. Once you have set it up, the stand fan will provide you with great performance. It is packed with numerous exciting features so it can meet or even exceed your expectations. One of these features is the widespread oscillation technology that allows the fan to provide ventilation to a wide area, thereby, making it perfect for most rooms. Another feature is the adjustable height and the tilt-back head. The two features work together to help you direct the cooling air right where it is needed. Moreover, the standing fan has 3 energy-efficient speeds to ensure customized results.
- Very easy to assemble
- Comes with remote control
- Moves a ton of air without creaks, squeaks or moans
- Instructions are clear and concise
- The price is reasonable
- Not the best for bigger rooms
2. Honeywell Quietset 8-Speed Whole-Room Tower Fan (HYF290B)
Everyone would want to have a powerful standing fan, but the thought of these units making a lot of noise while moving air has always discouraged many. Fortunately, Honeywell HYF290B model is designed to perform optimally without being noisy. It has Quietset technology that will let you control cooling and sound options. This means you can set up the fan not just in your living room but also in other places such as bedroom, study room or home office. It will not disrupt your sleep or peace in any way. Additionally, this whole-room tower fan has a slim modern design that will blend nicely with the existing fixtures. The fan also boasts 8-speed touch-button controls and comes with remote control for easy operation. It is exactly what you need during summer or when the day’s temperature threatens to shoot up.
- Quiet and, therefore, will not be disruptive
- Rotates and has multiple settings
- The bright blue power light is dimmable
- You can choose to oscillate or not
- Has a small footprint
- The light gets brighter the higher up in power you want the fan
3. Rowenta Turbo silence Stand Fan (VU5670)
This is another reliable oscillating fan that works super quietly to help keep your home cool without disrupting your daily activities. Its noise level is just 35dB (A), meaning it is quiet enough to be used in the office or anywhere total silence is needed. Another feature that further makes this silence stand fan a powerful unit is the high-performance oscillation technology that enables it to deliver unbelievably strong airflow of up to 2436 Cu. Ft/min. The oscillation performance is enhanced by the 5 effective blades and the 16-inch diameter head. What’s more, this silence stand fan features 5-speed settings. Of the 5, 2 speeds include Silent Night Mode, which ensures virtually soundless operation and Turbo Boost for extra power. There is also an energy-saving mode that automatically reduces airflow until the stand fan attains its most energy-saving setting.
- The base is weighted and wide
- Extremely easy to operate
- Moves volumes of air easily
- Quieter than expected and looks high-end
- Height is adjustable from 34.5” – 46.0”
- Super simple to assemble
- Grills rust pretty fast
4. Holmes 31inch Oscillating Tower Fan (HTF311A-BTM)
As much as they keep rooms cool, traditional fans are likely to leave your living space cluttered. The Holmes HTF311A-BTM provides a solution to this problem. It is a streamlined tower fan that will improve the appeal of your room by blending nicely with the existing items. At the same time, it will do a great job of keeping the room cool during hot summer days. The fan uses oscillation technology and has 3-speed settings for wide area coverage. It also has a 2-hour automatic shut-off timer that helps it conserve energy. Besides, this oscillating tower fan is designed with portability in mind. It is lightweight and has a carry handle so you can easily move it from place to place. Plus it features a slim tower design, which we believe can perfectly fit in small spaces.
- The price is very competitive
- The setting stays as you want it
- Can be adjusted to suit your comfort preferences
- Does not take up a lot of space
- Blends well with any décor
- Does not put out a ton of air, but this makes it perfect for all year round use
5. AmazonBasics Oscillating Standing Pedestal Fan
What we like about this standing pedestal fan is the dual blade technology. This technology is a great feature in that it enhances air circulation in the room better than single blade fans. We are also thrilled with the fact that the pedestal fan comes with remote control that makes changing speed and mode a breeze. The remote control also makes this fan extremely easy to on and off. To provide you with maximum comfort, this oscillating standing pedestal fan has 3 speeds (low, medium, and high) and 3 special airflow modes. These modes include Nature mode, Sleep mode, and Normal mode. They ensure that all your cooling needs are met. Standing at 16 inches tall, this pedestal fan is capable of circulating air throughout stuffy places. By so doing, it will improve ventilation at your place and help you overcome the day’s or night’s heat.
- The remote works well and has a good range
- Feels stable and secure on its stand
- The up-down adjustment is smooth and firm
- Oscillates quietly and has cool special modes
- Great for the price
- More than a few customers have complained about receiving the fan with some parts missing. So, packaging should be improved.
6. Comfort Zone 3-Speed 16-inch Pedestal Fan (CZST161BTE)
This pedestal fan features 3-speed options, meaning you will be able to choose between high, low, and medium-volume air speed options. These 3-speed options make it easy to optimize airflow so it can suit your environment and needs. Moreover, this pedestal fan boasts oscillating performance. It distributes air across a wide area, and this greatly improves its performance. Additionally, the pedestal fan has an adjustable tilt that will let you change the angle of the fan head effortlessly so you can direct airflow wherever it is needed most. What’s more, its height is adjustable from 41 inches to 47-3/8 inches, and this further improves performance. The metal grill covers the blades of the fan to ensure ultimate safety. Plus there is a convenient, high-performance push button to allow you to easily change fan speeds.
- Moves lots of air even in low speed
- Works well and is fairly quiet
- Easy to move from room to room
- Looks very clean and modern
- Very steady – will not tip over easily
- The folding legs are impressive
- The materials could be sturdier
7. KLARSTEIN Silent Storm Pedestal Fan
Finding a standing fan that cools a large room effectively is quite a chore despite the many brands in the market. The KLARSTEIN Silent Storm Pedestal Fan seems to have what it takes to keep your room cool. It is equipped with a brushless digital DC motor, which is perfectly balanced and powers a 5-blade, 16-inch rotor with optional oscillation. By so doing, the motor contributes greatly to creating a cool breeze to rooms up to 850 sq. ft. Besides, this fan has 5 operating modes to choose from. You can either choose the preferred operating mode on the unit or select it from the remote control. The fan also features an adjustable design, which, in turn, boasts an adjustable height by up to 6”, optional 90-degree oscillation, and a changeable tilt/inclination angle.
- Arrives packaged very well
- The bass is very sturdy
- The design is sleek
- Instructions are concise and assembly is a breeze
- Has a wide range of speed settings
- Outputs excellent power and boasts quality craftsmanship
- Not as quiet as expected, but this is due to the powerful motor
8. Hurricane Pro Series 20 Inch Stand Fan
More than a few stand fans are not built to last. That’s why we are thrilled to note that the Hurricane Pro Series 20 Inch Stand Fan is constructed with metal. It is built to last for many seasons, making it a perfect purchase for anyone who’s tired of visiting the stores every now and then in the name of looking for a new stand fan. Because of its sturdy build quality, the stand fan is perfect for workshops, garages, greenhouses, homes, and other areas, which may need a heavy-duty fan. It is not just made of rugged all-metal construction but also it has a powder-coated finish. This means such unfortunates as rusts will not affect it. The solid construction of this fan is further improved by aluminum blades. Plus this fan has 3-speed settings with adjustable tilt and oscillation control for ultimate performance.
- Most parts are made of metal
- Moves a ton of air
- Tends to keep the mosquitoes away
- Perfect for the garage
- Not too loud and has 3 speeds to choose from
- The oscillation movement could be smoother
9. PELONIS 16” DC motor Ultra Quiet Pedestal Fan (FS40-19PRD)
If you are looking for a standing fan for your bedroom or home office, the PELONIS 16-Inch DC Ultra-Quiet Pedestal Fan should be a frontier for you. It is designed to move air quietly (as low as 38dB); hence, it will not be a cause of disturbance while you are enjoying your sleep, reading a book/novel or working. Moreover, the DC motor offers much improved energy efficiency and can save up to 35-percent of the energy cost compared to the AC motor. Another reason why this pedestal fan is highly recommended for you is that it is equipped with 12-speed settings that combine with a 12-hour timer design to let you customize the breeze needs in your home office, living room or house. Other features of this unit are blue LED display and auto power-off functions.
- Generates good airflow
- It is energy efficient
- Comes with remote control
- Very easy to install
- Quiet and easy to use
- Oscillation function is stunning
- On a high setting, you can hear the motor rotating
10. Hunter 90438 16” RETRO Stand Fan
Hunter is one of the few existing companies with a rich history. Its history stretches across the turn of a couple of centuries. It was already there during the two World Wars and the Great Depression. To be precise, the origin of this company dates back to 1886 when John Hunter and his son James C. Hunter created the very first water-powered ceiling fan. Today, Hunter is known across the globe for its wonderful products, which include the Hunter 90438 model. It is a heavy-duty stand fan that boasts all-metal construction. It also has 3 rubber pads to help improve its stability plus it is powered by an AC motor. Furthermore, the stand fan has 3 blades that combine with the 80-degree smooth oscillation to create a stunningly cool breeze. Its brushed nickel finish means it will blend perfectly with the existing fixtures.
- Has great quality and works perfectly
- Puts out a lot of air
- Super easy to assemble and looks great
- The base is heavy and sturdy
- Easy to raise and lower
- The lowest setting is still a bit strong and loud
Different standing fans have different features. Therefore, settling for the best brand can be more difficult than expected. But worry not, because we believe we have done our best as far as making it simpler to choose the best quality standing fan is concerned. Our reviews have all the best-selling models. So, whichever you choose, we are certain it will work a treat for you.