Flashlights are handy light-emitters that have helped mankind for decades. However, there are some situations where these units may not be the go-to products. Such situations include night running, hiking, jogging, biking, and more. They tend to keep the hands so busy that the last thing you want is to carry a heavy flashlight at the time.
With that said, it is time you consider a rechargeable headlamp. Equipped with a hands-free design, a rechargeable headlamp is perfect for all outdoor activities. As its name suggests, a rechargeable headlamp is powered by rechargeable batteries that last for a long time. Check out the following top 10 best rechargeable headlamps reviews to see the ones we recommend.
1. GRDE 3 Modes Super Bright LED Headlamp
A lot of accessories come with this rechargeable headlamp. They include two rechargeable batteries, USB cable, User Book, Car Charger, and Wall Charger. The headlamp also comes with both a guarantee and a warranty. The guarantee goes up to 1 month while the warranty lasts up to 12 months. This is just incredible, considering that the headlamp does not cost much. Ideally, this LED headlamp boasts a 3-in-1 design that makes it perfect for use as a headlamp, desk lamp or waist lamp. The design is hands-free to let your hands do other things without being in the dark. The design is also zoomable and adjustable. What’s more, the headlamp is equipped with 3 modes (Strobe, Mid, and Low) to meet your varying needs. It is a durable unit that will really be essential for your needs.
- Stays put while you are running, jogging or hiking
- Comes with several charging options
- Very bright and works as expected
- The battery life is impressive
- Great for emergency and walking dogs in the dark
- Not as durable as mentioned
2. Foxelli USB Rechargeable Headlamp Flashlight
Foxelli knows that for a headlamp to be considered the best, it must have an impressive battery life. That’s why they have equipped this one with a rechargeable 1200mAh lithium battery. The battery is USB rechargeable and requires just 4 hours to be fully charged. Once charged, it lasts up to 30 hours of endless use. Foxelli has included a micro USB charging cable, so you can use this headlamp immediately you get it. They have also equipped the headlamp flashlight with 160 lumens to make it extra bright. The lighting of the headlamp is controlled by two separate buttons for choosing either RED light or WHITE light. Furthermore, this unit has a 60-degree tiltable body that will help you direct light where it is needed. The body is also IPX5 waterproof, meaning splashes and water sprays from any angle will not damage the headlamp.
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- The price is unbeatable
- Waterproof for worry-free use
- Ideal for pre-dawn morning runs
- Lightweight and easy to angle
- The illuminated focus spot is too narrow
3. Cobiz 6000 Lumen LED Work Headlight
It is great to buy a product made by a company that has got your back. The Cobiz 6000 Lumen LED Work Headlight, for instance, comes with a 2-year warranty for a hassle-free buying experience. It is a reliable, hands-free headlight designed to light up your environment. The hands-free design means you will have all the time to work, read or explore. The headlight has 4 modes, which include low mode, high mode, medium mode, and emergency-ready strobe light. The modes will help you get the most out of your light. Additionally, its head can be rotated 90 degrees, so you can channel light anywhere you want. It has a waterproof rating of IPX4, and its headband is adjustable for a perfect fit. The rechargeable headlamp is powered by 3200mAh 18650 batteries that charge fast and last up to 8 hours.
- Produces super bright lights
- Great for running on trails
- Comes with lots of accessories
- The overall construction is outstanding
- The focus mechanism works well
- It is difficult to make it stay on hard hats
4. DanForce Brightest Head Lamp, With Red Light
One thing that has caught our attention about this rechargeable headlamp is the 7-year warranty. As if that’s not enough, the headlamp comes with a satisfaction guarantee to make sure that you only use what you like. Other things that come with this headlamp are two rechargeable batteries, User Guide, and USB cable. There is also a built-in red LED light, which comes in handy during emergencies as well as when you need extra long-range visibility. The headlamp is 90 degrees adjustable and has 4 light modes. For this reason, you will find it easy to change your focus from broad illumination to a narrow, long-range beam. In order to wear the headlamp for long, DanForce has made sure that it is built with maximum comfort in mind. It has a sweat-resistant headband and boasts adjustable sizing for a comfortable fit.
- Works great for the price
- The materials used seem sturdy
- The included batteries work fine
- The adjustable straps ensure a comfortable fit
- Practical for a variety of applications
- Durability leaves a bit to be desired
5. Lighting Ever Rechargeable LED Headlamp
This rechargeable headlamp gets the nod because of its 5 lighting modes. The 5 different lighting modes include half brightness, flash of the white light, two modes of red light (flash/stay on), and full brightness. The two modes of red light ensure that you get the attention of others so they do not run you over. Another feature that makes this rechargeable headlamp worth considering is the built-in 1200mAh polymer lithium battery, which is rechargeable by the included USB cable. The lithium battery takes only 3 hours to be fully charged. What’s more, this headlamp comes with an elastic and durable headband. The headband has a loop buckle that will help you adjust it, so you can wear it on different hats. The IPX4 water resistance means this rechargeable headlamp will not be damaged by splashes.
- The red lamps are a nice touch
- The charge time is as advertised
- Comfortable to wear and great for the price
- Perfect for regular camping and household applications
- The battery life is impressive
- The seller’s customer service should be improved
6. Cobiz NEWEST Ultra Bright Headlamp Flashlight
Weighing just 10 ounces, this rechargeable headlamp is comfortable and fun to wear. Ideally, the lightweight design makes it great for DIYers, mechanics, handymen, and more. It also makes the rechargeable headlamp versatile enough to be used for nighttime jogging, bicycling, hunting, fishing, camping, reading, and more. The headlamp has a zoom-out function that offers super bright light with high-density spot beams. Given how it works, the zoom-out function makes this headlamp flashlight ideal for up-close tasks. There is also a zoom-in function bright, uniform, diffused light with less shadow to meet various illumination requirements. The head of this flashlight is 90 degrees adjustable to help you focus light to where it is needed. Cobiz has made the flashlight with weather-resistant materials, meaning it can work even in the most extreme conditions or environments. It fits a variety of hard hats, helmets, and more.
- Comes with a wall AC adapter
- The different modes are handy
- Comfortable on the head
- The battery lasts a while
- Can be adjusted vertically
- Modes are a little difficult to manipulate
7. FightingGirl 12000 Lumen 5 Led Headlamp
FightingGirl is another company that puts the welfare of their customers before everything. That’s why they provide a charger, a car charger, and two 18650 batteries when you purchase this LED headlamp. This means you will be able to use the headlamp immediately you get it. What’s more, FightingGirl has designed the rechargeable headlamp to be used for various applications. For this reason, they have made the headlamp with an aluminum alloy, which is known for unrivaled durability. The construction is so strong that it enables the headlamp to withstand outdoor activities such as running, hiking, fishing, hunting etc. The lamp of this unit swivels down to 90 degrees to allow you to get the most out of your headlamp. The 1-year warranty, which comes with this device means you are buying a product that’s protected against defects and poor workmanship.
- Versatile and seems well made
- Straps are well made too
- Perfect for people who work a lot at night
- Very comfortable to wear
- Puts out super powerful beams
- The battery life leaves a lot to be desired
8. ANNAN LED Headlamp Flashlight Kit
Comfort plays a key role if you want to utilize your rechargeable headlamp to the maximum. With that said, ANNAN has made sure that this headlamp flashlight kit only weighs 2.85 ounces. They have also included an adjustable, elastic headband to further make the headlamp flashlight kit super comfortable to wear. Additionally, the lamp swivels 90 degrees to help keep your head in the most comfortable condition ever. The 4 light switch modes (normal brightness, middle brightness, high brightness, and SOS) mean your varying needs will be met. This flashlight kit is equipped with a red light, which acts as a safety light in the sense that it notifies runners and cars of your presence. The headlamp comes with two rechargeable lithium batteries, one USB cable, one Car Charger, one Wall Charger, and 1-year warranty.
- Customer service is excellent
- Seems solid and has decent adjustability
- Ideal for various applications
- Comfortable to wear and produces bright light
- Batteries are replaceable and decently sized
- Easy to use and has multiple settings
- Batteries drain quickly
9. Streamlight 61601 Double Clutch USB Rechargeable Headlamp
The price of this rechargeable headlamp may be a little higher than the units we have reviewed earlier, but it is worth it. Streamlight has made sure that it is unbelievably lightweight, compact, and high performance. The rechargeable headlamp is built to last, considering that it 2-meter impact-resistant. It also boasts a water-resistant rating of IPX4 to allow you to use it in any environment and condition. Besides, the head of this unit is 60-degree tiltable to help reduce neck fatigue. The headlamp will provide you with light for long hours, given that it is powered by a lithium battery. It weighs just 4 ounces and comes with an elastic head strap that ensures a perfect, comfortable fit. This headlamp uses both alkaline back-up batteries and USB rechargeable battery.
- Looks good enough for what it is made for
- Reliable and extremely durable
- Very light to allow for long hours of wear
- Puts out plenty of light
- Easy to turn on and off
- Can be recharged with battery still in it
- The rechargeable battery does not last long
10. QS USA Rechargeable Headlamp
This rechargeable headlamp is comfortable and adjustable. As such, we believe that it is exactly what you are looking for. Additionally, it comes with two rechargeable 3200mAh 18650 lithium batteries that last up to 7 hours when used continuously. Plus it comes with a micro USB charging cable to make sure you have all you need. It is a versatile headlamp that can be used as a hard hat light or helmet light. Furthermore, it is great for fishing, camping, hunting, tactical use, biking, and hiking, among others. QS USA has equipped it with 3 lighting modes, which include strobe, low, and high. This means you will find the headlamp reliable for all your needs. It comes with a water/splash proof cover to help increase its durability. It also comes with a rear indicator light that makes it great for biking.
- Bright and can be adjusted
- Works great on a hard hat
- Batteries come already installed
- Batteries last a long time
- The customer service is excellent
- The batteries are heavier than usual
The rechargeable headlamps we have listed here have what it takes to meet all your needs. First, most, if not all, are waterproof, so you can comfortably use them in extreme conditions. Second, each of them is equipped with different lighting modes. They work great and we are positive that you will find the one you settle for very useful.