One of the challenges that come with traveling abroad is the language barrier. Although the language barrier is just one problem, it can create a series of other problems, making your life in foreign country hell. Therefore, to avoid all these hassles, you need to have a portable translator device every time you are going overseas. A translator device translates many different languages, thereby, making communication easy and effective. And since it is portable, a translator device can easily be kept in the pocket, purse, and even wallet for use anywhere, any time. Check out the following top 10 best portable translator devices reviews to know which one you should really spend on.
- 1. Bouth Language Translator Device with Camera Translation Function
- 2. MORTENTR Smart Voice Translator with 2.4inch HD Touch Screen
- 3. CM Smart Instant Language Translator Device
- 4. birgus Instant Voice Language Translator Device
- 5. Pulomi TT Easy Trans Smart Language Translator Device
- 6. birgus Language Translator Device with Camera Translation
- 7. TESIYI Mini AI Translator Device with Camera Translation
- 8. Pocketalk Language Translator Device
- 9. JOYSAE Language Translator Device
- 10. ili – Instant Offline Language Translator Device
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Portable Translator Device
1. Bouth Language Translator Device with Camera Translation Function
Having this gadget every time you are going overseas is a great move. It is a multi-language translator that is portable and supports up to 106 languages. Needless to say, when you have it, the language barrier will not be an issue. You will go everywhere with confidence knowing that language will not block you.
Some of the languages the device translates are Israeli (Hebrew), Chinese (Simplified), Cantonese, English (US), English (Ireland), English (Canada), English (UK), English (Philippines), Cambodia (Khmer), Arabic (United Arab Emirates), Swedish, Hungarian, and more. This device is a 2-in-1 unit in the sense that it works both as a voice translator and a word translator. It is available in two colors, which are White and Black.
- pact and easy to use
- Great for businesspersons
- The device is quick and accurate
- Gives you the confidence to travel abroad
- Lightweight and comes with a neck strap
- You need to connect it to the Internet
2. MORTENTR Smart Voice Translator with 2.4inch HD Touch Screen
The MORTENTR may not support as many languages as some of the highest quality translator devices on the market. But the fact that it supports up to 70 languages means it should not be taken for granted. These languages are Arabic (Iraq), Chinese (Simplified), Spanish (Mexico), Chinese (Traditional), French (France), Russian, Spanish (International), Korean, and more.
The translator is a 2-way device and extremely easy to operate. It comes with a 12-month warranty, which is wonderful, given the price range. As if that’s not enough, the manufacturer promises easy-to-reach and fast customer service. This translator comes in two colors, which are black and white. It is very convenient to use in that you do not need an APP on your mobile phone to operate it. All you need is to connect it to Wi-Fi or Hotspot and you are done.
- Accurate most of the time
- The device has a touchscreen
- Comes with two charger cables
- Very lightweight and easy to travel with
- Easy to connect and use
- It is made of plastic; therefore, you need to be careful when handling it
3. CM Smart Instant Language Translator Device
A good translator should be fast, accurate, and reliable. The CM Smart Instant Language Translator Device has all these qualities, and that’s why it has made it to these reviews. Although it supports 6 popular languages only, this can be expanded up to a total of 42 languages. All you need to do is update to the latest version of the CheetahTALK App and you are good to go.
With it, you will enjoy accurate translation and even laugh and learn. Besides, this translator device gives you a stunning opportunity to make new friends. It is made by Cheetah, which is one of the leading technology companies. So, go ahead and buy it with confidence knowing that you are getting a trusted product for your next adventures.
- The device works as advertised
- The white color is impressive
- The device is easy to operate
- The AI translation engine is well-thought-out
- The battery life is great
- Small, lightweight, and easy to carry
- Slippery to hold in hand
4. birgus Instant Voice Language Translator Device
The birgus Language Translator Device gets the nod to be here because it is 98-percent accurate both for sentences and words. It works by recognizing what you say and then speaks the translation results loudly. By so doing, this language translator device makes communication a breeze. It comes in two colors to choose from, and these are black and white.
Furthermore, this translator device is extremely easy to operate. You do not need to install an app on your mobile. Instead, all you need to do is to connect it with Wi-Fi and then start using it. It has lots of features that make it reliable plus it comes with a 12-month warranty for peace of mind.
- Slim and fits in the pocket easily
- Easy to use; you do not need to download an app
- The voice is loud, very clear, and easy to understand
- The touchscreen is a bonus
- The battery life is outstanding
- The list of included languages is complete
- It might take some time to learn how to use this device
5. Pulomi TT Easy Trans Smart Language Translator Device
Most people love the Pulomi Translator Device because it does not just work as a voice translator but also it can be used as a wireless Bluetooth speaker that produces a surprisingly clear sound. It supports up to 52 languages, and these are Spanish, English, Chinese, Russian, Hindi, French, German, Afrikaans, Swedish, Finnish, Greek, Turkish, Serb, Ukrainian, and many more.
Using this language translator device is extremely easy. All you need to do is connect the translator to the mobile via Bluetooth; search for “TT fayou” in APP Store if you are using iPhone and Google play if you are using Android. Once you are done, enter the App and then wait for the top of the interface to turn green.
- Great for learning more words in other languages
- Very easy to operate
- Perfect for when you are in a foreign country
- You do not need to type anything
- The three modes are a huge plus
- The strap to hang the device around the neck could be of better quality
6. birgus Language Translator Device with Camera Translation
With an accuracy rate of 98-percent, the birgus Language Translator Device is worth investing in. It will hardly disappoint you because it is built to be reliable and an invaluable tool in a foreign land. It offers an online 2-way translation in a second; making sure you are able to communicate much faster.
What’s more, this translator device supports up to 106 languages. And the photo translation supports up to 44 languages. Some of these are Vietnamese, Indonesian, Turkish, Urdu, Hungarian, English, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and more. It encourages face to face translation, given that it delivers a response within 0.2s. You do not need to worry a lot about language every time you are traveling abroad – not when this device is on the market.
- The size is pretty handy
- Displays large texts so the elderly can have no issues using it
- The 2-way instant voice translator is very accurate
- Can translate up to 106 languages
- Makes a great gift for those who travel abroad a lot
- The product may arrive defective, but both the seller and the manufacturer are understanding
7. TESIYI Mini AI Translator Device with Camera Translation
Communication is key if you want to enjoy your time overseas. That’s why you should consider spending some money on a portable translator device. Well, one of these devices is the TESIYI AI Translator Device. It is a professional and stylishly designed translator that is accepted worldwide. Having said that, do not expect this translator device to disappoint.
Its dimensions are 123 by 57 by 12.5mm, and it weighs 89.3 grams. This means the translator device is very easy to carry since it is both compact and lightweight. You can quickly slip it into your wallet, purse, or pocket. The translator device supports up to 106 languages, which is great. It comes with an English manual and USB cable to make sure you have a complete package.
- Accurate and easy to use
- Great for businesses that deal with clients who don’t speak English
- Solves cross-linguistic communication problem
- Perfect for studying abroad and traveling
- Very useful and convenient
- The letter spacing could be larger
8. Pocketalk Language Translator Device
Pocketalk has designed this language translator device to help you when you travel to a foreign country. The translator can easily translate up to 74 languages, and it is relevant in up to 128 countries. These include Australia, Vietnam, Argentina, Brazil, Kenya, Germany, France, Saudi Arabia, UL, Korea, Spain, and more. The dimensions of this translator are 5.9 by 3.7 by 1.8 inches. This means you can easily carry it and use it anywhere, anytime.
It uses a personal hotspot, mobile data or Wi-Fi to offer foreign language translations in real-time. Besides, this translator device is extremely easy to use. All you need to do is to press and hold the button while you speak. When done, let go of the button and then listen to this portable translator device do its thing.
- Does not need an app to work
- The device translates quickly
- Ideal for learning new words
- Translates long sentences well
- Very simple to use
- The streamlined design makes the device slip easily into a purse
- Slow when the network is not strong, but this is expected
9. JOYSAE Language Translator Device
If you have ever traveled abroad, you know what it means not to be understood. That’s why we advise that you go for the JOYSAE Language Translator Device. It is a 2-way voice translator designed to make you comfortable and confident every time you have traveled overseas. It delivers accurate translations and gives you the freedom to travel anywhere knowing that an issue like a language barrier is not something to worry about.
The translator device is accepted in 128 countries. These include the UK, Brazil, Kenya, Argentina, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, Mexico, New Zealand, Israel, etc. It comes with a user manual and a Type-C charging cable. Moreover, this device supports up to 83 languages, which are more than you need.
- User-friendly and has a touchscreen
- The offline mode is a great feature
- Has both audio-recording translation and photo-translation tool
- The price is hard to beat
- The device has several good features
- The overall quality of the device is good
- Could work better when in offline mode
10. ili – Instant Offline Language Translator Device
Finding Wi-Fi to operate your translator device can be a real pain. That’s why we are more than happy to note that ili – Translator Device does not Wi-Fi to work. It is a super convenient device that you can use anywhere at any time. It is designed for one-way translation and allows for quick communication. That being said, you will be able to use it for nearly all activities, including shopping, dining or navigating.
It supports 3 languages; meaning it can translate from English to Japanese, Chinese or Spanish. Nonetheless, it is crucial to note that this translator device does not translate from Japanese, Chinese, or Spanish to English. More than 70,000 travelers have used this device for their travels. Therefore, we are certain that you will find it useful.
- Holds a charge for a fairly long time
- Very light; hence, easy to carry
- The design looks beautiful
- Reliable and works very fast
- The button feedback is nice and feels high quality
- It would be nice if the device has a feature to translate back
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Portable Translator Device
Our buyer’s guide brings you the following factors to further make it easier finding a suitable model of translator device.
The Number of Language Supported
Choosing a portable translator device that supports several languages is very important. This is because such a device will give you the freedom to travel to any part of the world. So, make sure your device can support as many languages as possible.
Your portable translator device should be at least 90-percent accurate. This is because highly accurate translate devices are less likely to deliver misleading results. In other words, they make communication much easier than those devices that are less accurate.
The battery life of your translator should be impressive. Well, impressive battery life is one that provides a working time up to at least 8 hours. It also lasts longer when the translator device is on a standby mode.
Go for a translator device with large screen. Large screens are easy to read because they display large texts that can be seen even from a distance. That being said, they make devices extremely easy to use.
The last thing you want when you travel abroad is not to be understood. Ideally, learning the language of the country you plan to visit is usually not recommended because it is costly and time-consuming, especially if you have no plans of staying there longer. Well, it is for these reasons you should consider a portable translator device.