Sometimes, especially during summer, it can get really hot that staying indoors can be unbearable. Fortunately, the introduction of portable air conditioners without hose has helped changed things significantly. Using a portable air conditioner to cool your home is much better than most options, which tend to consume much energy, thereby, taking electricity bills insanely high.
In addition, portable air conditioners with hoses are very light and most of them have casters/wheels for easy movement from one room to another. They are efficient, and, therefore, cool large rooms quite fast. Should you be looking for one, then the following top 10 best portable air conditioners without hose reviews are for you.
1. Black + Decker 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Unit
To keep the climate of your home cool and comfortable, you need this portable air conditioner without hose. It does not just cool but also it dehumidifies as well as allowing air to circulate to withstand the summer heat. Apart from keeping the entire house cool, the portable air conditioner unit can also be relied on to keep a bedroom, garage, dorm, and apartment cool. Well, the unit works great in rooms that are around 100 – 150 square feet or 10’ by 12’ rooms. It has a vertical motion that creates a powerful and steady airflow, which, in turn, offers a consistent temperature in any room. It also boasts 4 caster wheels that make it easy to move from room to room. Its LED display is clear, and it even has a sleep mode to help conserve energy.
- Cools the room fast
- Easy to install and set up
- Looks great after installation and setup
- No water to empty
- Great during summer seasons
- The unit has strong fans
- A bit loud
2. Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier & Fan (MN12CES)
This portable air conditioner comes with a long exhaust hose, which measures around 12 inches to 47 inches long. It is great for medium to large rooms such as home offices, living rooms, bedrooms, and dens, among others. It has a smart digital thermostat control that features Front, feather-touch controls and display. It also has a 24-hour energy-saving timer to help you get the best out of it. Furthermore, the portable air conditioner without hose is 3-in-1, and this means it can dehumidify, cool, and even act as a fan. Its filtration system is washable to give you an easy time maintaining the conditioner. What’s more, the dehumidification capacity of this conditioning unit is 69 pints per day, which is just fine. It is a highly functional unit that will give you peace of mind.
- Great for those who don’t want central air conditioning
- Cools living spaces and bedrooms well
- Very easy and straightforward to operate
- Does not take a lot of effort to operate and maintain
- Makes air fresh and clean
- The exhaust hose is not the longest
3. Whynter 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner and Heater (ARC-14SH) – Dual Hose
We urge you to purchase this portable air conditioner without hose because its manufacturer, Whynter, is going GREEN. With that said, the air conditioner is eco-friendly, lead-free, CFC-free, and highly efficient. This means it will keep your rooms cool without messing up with the environmental standards or ridiculously hiking the energy consumption. Besides, its components comply with the RoHS requirements to give you peace of mind knowing that they are made with quality and safety in mind. This air conditioning unit is also equipped with advance auto drain technology that helps it produce cool air by recycling and using moisture gathered during the cooling process. It boasts dual hose operation that enables it to offer fast cooling. Talking of cooling, the air conditioner can cool rooms up to 500 sq. ft.
- Seems to work well
- Appears to have zero water condensation buildup
- Can be used in all seasons
- Its tubes are of high quality
- The dual hose makes it more efficient
- Almost too noisy to have in the bedroom
4. Honeywell Portable Air Conditioner with Dehumidifier and Fan (MO08CESWK)
Honeywell believes that you should stay cool and dry. That’s why they are a proud manufacturer of this portable air conditioner without hose. The air conditioner unit comes with a remote control (batteries included), a window installation kit, an owner’s manual, and a 1-year warranty. It is designed to keep rooms up to 350 square feet cool. Furthermore, it is designed with portability in mind; hence, it is very light. Plus it is equipped with smooth gliding wheels to make it easy to move from one room to another. The unit comes with an exhaust hose, which is very flexible and seems to enhance its performance. It works great; thus, we believe that it will be a great purchase for you. It comes in two color options, which are white/black and white/blue.
- Its hose snaps together easily
- Fits right in the window
- Well made and it is delivered fast
- The price is affordable
- Cools very quickly and looks pretty nice
- The exhaust hose is easy to attach
- A bit noisy
5. Global Air 10,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner Cooling/Fan
Every feature included in this portable air conditioner without hose seems to improve its performance. For example, the air conditioning unit comes equipped with a 4-way air direction that combines with the 2-speed cooling and fan to spread air uniformly and throughout the room. It also has digital controls that offer accurate temperature adjustments. Plus it is equipped with a remote control to allow you to operate it even when you are far away. Ideally, this unit recycles the condensing water in order to improve its efficiency through a cooling condenser. And it works great in rooms that are up to 300 square feet. Its digital controls will let you set it precisely where you want it. In our opinion, the air conditioner will be a great buy, considering the number of features it is loaded with.
- Well built and very easy to install
- Great for those hot summer days
- Cools rooms in just minutes
- Arrives promptly and operates quietly
- The maximum size of the room it cools is great
- The water trap fills up quickly
6. SPT 8,000 BTU Single Hose Portable AC
It is not easy to go wrong with an SPT product. This single-hose portable AC, for example, has an auto restart function, which stores your settings. By so doing, the restart function comes in handy during a power outage by ensuring that the unit restarts at the previous function every time power resumes. In addition, this portable air conditioner without hose has an impressive Energy Reserve Ratio (ERR) of 8.9, meaning its energy consumption rate is not overwhelming. The unit also has an auto-drain system, which exhausts most condensate. All of its components are RoHS compliant, and it is uses non-ozone depleting R410A refrigerant. With that said, the air conditioning unit is free of harmful chemicals. It has 4 operational modes, which include dehumidifying mode, fan mode, auto mode, and 8,000 BTU cooling mode.
- Cools rooms quickly and efficiently
- The price is reasonable
- Very easy to set up
- Does not consume a lot of energy
- Appears to be well built
- The dashboard on the top is very intuitive and easy to use
- The exhaust pipe does not install properly
7. Whynter 12,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner, Dehumidifier, Fan (ARC-12S)
Whynter knows that your health comes before anything. That’s why their portable air conditioner without hose is lead-free and CFC-free. This means it will not expose you to any chemicals. Moreover, the portable air conditioner can also be used as a dehumidifier and a fan. It is high energy efficient; hence, it will not amazingly hike your electricity bill. Because this unit is portable, you will not have problems moving it from place to place. It is easy to set up and works great in such rooms as computer/server rooms, workshops, garages, classrooms, bedrooms, and many more. It boasts 3 fan speeds and a dehumidifying capacity of 91 pints per day. Plus it has noise levels of less than 52.5dBA. It is exactly what you need to bring a cooling effect to your place.
- Cools classrooms and other rooms well
- Very easy to use
- Great for hot desert areas
- Arrives fast and without any damages
- The manufacturer offers great support whenever needed
- It helps improve sleep
- Much louder than advertised
8. Trustech Portable Air Conditioner w/Remote Control
To show you that they fully stand behind their product, Trustech has backed this portable air conditioner with a 1-year warranty. Well, this means you will not incur any loss in the event that things do not turn out as expected. As if that’s not enough, the manufacturer offers a totally free replacement policy to give you peace of mind during purchase. The unit promises to give you an enjoyable rest in the hot summer. That being said, it is powerful enough to cool up to 400 square feet in just 5 minutes. And it does that with noise levels less than 55dbs. This means you can even have it in your bedroom to help you keep temperature cool while you are sleeping. The unit offers a 28.8L/day dehumidifying option, and this makes it a must-have, especially during summer.
- Solid for the price
- Makes homes more livable than ever before
- Has a timer function
- Pretty easy to set up
- Very quiet and warms rooms evenly
- Makes sleeping much more comfortable
- May arrive defective, but the customer support is excellent
9. Whynter ARC-143MX 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner – Dual Hose
Buying a product from Whynter has never been a bad idea. And that is because they take their time to give their customers the best of the best. Well, one product that has made Whynter proud is the ARC-143MX Portable Air Conditioner without Hose. It is engineered by specialized commercial application in mind. As such, it is great for wiring closets, server rooms, and data centers. You can also use it in a room where low maintenance and high-efficiency cooling is needed. It is a versatile unit that helps to maintain optimal operating conditions by dehumidifying, cooling and filtering the ambient air. The air conditioner boasts an advance auto-drain technology, which enables it to produce cool air by recycling and using the moisture gathered during the cooling process.
- The fan power is very strong
- Cools rooms faster than expected
- Easy to install and really looks nice
- Easy to operate and store when it’s not in use
- Its efficiency is unbeatable
- A bit noisy, though, not too much
10. JHS 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner, A019-8KR/A
You have visited this site to get nothing but a top quality product. That’s why we are very happy to introduce you to the JHS 8,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner (A019-8KR/A). The unit comes equipped with an upgraded compressor that combines with the 8,000 BTU fast cooling capacity to effectively cool an area that is around 170 square feet. That being said, the portable air conditioner without hose is great for bedrooms, apartments, basements, offices, garages, steamships, dormitories, kitchens, and many more. The dehumidify capacity of this unit is 31.7 pints per day, and it also boasts a 2-fan speed for improved performance. Additionally, this air conditioner has a digital LED panel and a full-function remote that makes it extremely easy to use. Once you get it, wait for at least 24 hours before you begin to use it.
- Cools bedrooms perfectly and fast
- Arrives well packaged and in upright position
- It has casters for easy movement
- Works great in a large space
- Controls are simple to operate
- Instructions could be better
If you are looking for the best portable air conditioner without hose, then the above models should be a frontier for you. They are currently the best selling brands not to mention being the most versatile. They are also portable, meaning you will be able to effortlessly move them from one room to another.