Pocket flashlights are small sized flashlights, which despite their small sizes, throw out plenty of light to allow you to illuminate a large area. They are compact and lightweight, meaning they are great for camping trips, hiking adventures, dog walking at night, running at night, fishing, and emergency situations. They are powered by either a rechargeable or AA/AAA battery or both. In addition, pocket flashlights have extra features like 4 different light settings, which include High, Low, Medium, and Strobe. If you are here with the intention of getting one, then the following top 10 best pocket flashlights reviews are for you.
Table Best Pocket Flashlights
- 1. J5 Tactical V1-PRO Flashlight
- 2. Streamlight 66118 Stylus Pro LED Penlight with Holster
- 3. Hatori Super Small Mini LED Flashlight
- 4. COAST G20 Inspection Beam Penlight LED Flashlight
- 5. BYB F18 LED Tactical Rechargeable Flashlight
- 6. NICRON N7 Tactical 600 Lumens Flashlight
- 7. LUMINTOP TOOL AA 2.0 EDC Flashlight
- 8. RISEMART Super Small Mini Flashlight (3.5”)
- 9. ThorFire Mini Flashlight with Strobe
- 10. INFRAY LED Pen Light Flashlight (2 Pack)
1. J5 Tactical V1-PRO Flashlight
This pocket flashlight gets the number one spot because it is super bright and long-lasting. It is so bright that it can light up the entire room or even focus on objects up to 600 feet away. To be precise, it is 10X brighter than old incandescent lights. Despite being incredibly bright, this tactical flashlight is powered for hours with a 14500 rechargeable battery or single AA battery. The batteries are, however, not included, but this should not be a deal breaker, considering the price of the pocket flashlight. It is not just brightness this flashlight boasts of but also the features. Well, one of these features is the compact design that makes the flashlight very easy to carry around. Also, there are 3 useful settings, including High, Low, and Strobe.
- Perfect for use around the house
- Small yet very powerful
- Uses just one AA battery
- Fits in the pocket easily because of the small size
- Appears to be really well built
- The clip is very tight; hence, you may struggle to clip it to the pocket of your jeans
2. Streamlight 66118 Stylus Pro LED Penlight with Holster
This sleek compact pen-sized flashlight takes the number two because of its super creative size. It measures 5.3” (134mm) and weighs just 1.64 ounces (46.9 grams), so you can easily fit it into your pocket and carry it with you anywhere. In addition, this LED penlight comes equipped with a pocket clip to further make it easy to carry. Ideally, the pocket clip is removable for convenience. It uses two “AAA” alkaline batteries, which are easier to find. Although this pocket flashlight is super small, it is built to last. It has a water-resistant rating of IPX4 as well as boasting 1m impact resistance. This pocket flashlight also boasts Type II MIL-SPEC corrosion and abrasion-resistant anodized aluminum construction. Well, all these show that the flashlight is built for outdoor use.
- Arrives ready to use – comes with batteries
- Compact; hence, easy to carry
- Great for those looking for a super bright flashlight
- Comfortable to keep in the pocket
- Durable enough to withstand
- The push button is a little tough to push
3. Hatori Super Small Mini LED Flashlight
A small light that is packed with 150 lumens is very bright and great for lots of outdoor activities such as walking at night, camping, hiking, and running at night. Well, one of these flashlights is the Hatori Super Small Mini LED Flashlight. It is a convenient flashlight that uses just one alkaline battery yet emits a powerful light. Additionally, this flashlight is very portable. It is small and light to carry effortlessly. The small size makes it easy to slip the flashlight into your purse, backpack or pocket. The flashlight is made of premium 6061T aluminum alloy that can withstand the snow, rain or emergency situations. It is so durable that the manufacturer has backed it by a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee and a 90-day money-back guarantee. The flashlight is easy to clip to the belt and remove when you don’t need it.
- The flashlight seems very durable
- The light is bright
- The flashlight is LED; hence, will last longer
- Does not drain batteries
- The price is very competitive
- The clip could be more durable
4. COAST G20 Inspection Beam Penlight LED Flashlight
COAST has tested the toughness of this pocket flashlight. And the result – the flashlight is really tough. It is a complete flashlight that comes with one standard AAA alkaline batteries and an adjustable pocket clip. The AAA alkaline batteries mean you will be able to use this pocket flashlight right out of the box. This LED flashlight also comes with the manufacturer’s warranty that protects against defects in workmanship and materials. It is tested and rated to ANSI/FL1 standards to give you peace of mind knowing that you are using a quality pocket flashlight. The toughness of the flashlight further makes it water-resistant. With a water-resistant rating of IPX4, this flashlight can be used anywhere without any concerns. It is not just its sturdiness that makes it a top dog but also we are impressed by the fact that the light can illuminate a defined area up to 9 feet (30 meters).
- Holds up nicely and does not develop a scratch
- Perfect for inspecting things
- The size is right
- The manufacturer stands behind the flashlight
- The battery life is wonderful
- Not suitable for people looking to illuminate a large area
5. BYB F18 LED Tactical Rechargeable Flashlight
Pocket flashlights are mostly ranked by their brightness. As such, we are pleased to note that this particular one is super bright. It combines PDO technology with 800-lumen CREE XPG2 S3 LED to provide you with unmatched lighting performance. What’s more, this rechargeable flashlight features several light settings, including strobe mode and low/medium/high, and ultra-low. The flashlight is rechargeable but unlike those cheap brands, which die the same day they are recharged, it lasts longer. It provides constant lighting up to 60 hours on an ultra-low setting. Well, such great reliability is down to the high-capacity 3000mAh battery that recharges in four hours with any 5-volt 1-amp USB output and the micro USB cable (included). The flashlight is backed by an 18-month warranty for worry-free buying. Its waterproof rating is IP67, meaning it can stand up to any weather conditions.
- Incredibly small for optimum portability
- The company is helpful whenever an issue arises
- Feels compact in the hand
- Sturdy and holds up well
- Very bright and long range
- Switching between the settings too quickly make the flashlight go into a strobe mode
6. NICRON N7 Tactical 600 Lumens Flashlight
What we like about this pocket flashlight is that it can be powered by either a 14500 rechargeable battery or single AA battery. It works for several hours regardless of the mode you use to power it. We also like the fact that this pocket flashlight is powerful enough to illuminate on objects that are as far as 413 feet. Plus you can use it to light up the entire room. When used with the AA battery, the flashlight outputs 250 lumens and when powered by the 14500 rechargeable battery, the flashlight outputs 600 lumens. Ideally, this flashlight will let you personalize its performance. It has 4 useful settings, which are High, Low, Strobe, and SOS. The 4 settings make the flashlight great for dog walking or using around the house.
- Very bright and compact
- Really great for the money
- The light feels well made
- The head rotation feels smooth
- The button switch makes the light easy to use
- Too easy to unintentionally turn on
7. LUMINTOP TOOL AA 2.0 EDC Flashlight
The LUMINTOP TOOL AA 2.0 EDC Flashlight is a convenient unit that everyone who regularly finds themselves in the dark should consider. It is equipped with Cree top class XPL-HD LED that enables it to pump out up to 650 lumens on a high mode. And it does all these with a single 14500 cell. The flashlight can also be powered by an AA battery that is easy to get. When powered by the AA battery, it runs for 60 hours on a low mode. Besides, this pocket flashlight is built with the highest IP68 waterproof certification. And this means it is safe for continual submersion in water up to 6.5ft. The flashlight also boasts ANSI verified impact resistance that enables it to withstand drops from 5 feet or lower.
- Well crafted and performs well
- Throws a great light
- Bright enough to be used for various activities
- Works longer at all power levels
- Customer service is very responsive
- Gets hot when used for a long time on the highest power level
8. RISEMART Super Small Mini Flashlight (3.5”)
Aluminum is one of the best materials a manufacturer can ever use to make a pocket flashlight. And RISEMART is no exception. They use top-grade aircraft aluminum material to make this pocket flashlight. With that being said, the flashlight is sturdy, lightweight, and durability. These properties make the flashlight the ultimate unit for outdoor use. It will not weigh you down not to mention being more than capable to stand up to any abuse the outdoor environment may throw at it. Another feature we must mention is the one-button design that makes this flashlight unbelievably easy to use. Furthermore, there is a clip, which easily holds on your pocket, thereby, making the pocket flashlight extremely easy to access. Whether you are going fishing, hiking, camping or want to engage in other outdoor activities, this flashlight is for you.
- Outputs bright and wide light
- The price point is low
- Small enough to keep in the pocket
- Well made and holds up longer than expected
- The tail cap switch is easy to use
- Gets hot after long hours of use
9. ThorFire Mini Flashlight with Strobe
When ThorFire Mini Flashlight is powered by a 14500 button top battery, it throws out a maximum of 500 lumens. The battery is not included, but this should not be a concern, considering that the flashlight has what it takes to meet expectations. It is lightweight and small enough, so you can use it anywhere. It is 3.7 inches long and weighs only 1.3 ounces with no batteries. Because of its compact size, this pocket flashlight fits anywhere, including backpack, handbag, car, pocket, and more. In addition, the pocket flashlight comes with a reversible/removable clip for ultimate convenience. Talking of convenience, this pocket flashlight can also be powered by a single AA battery, which is easy to find. It is a complete unit that will come in handy during emergency situations or outdoor activities.
- Compact for optimum portability
- The price is inexpensive
- The pocket clip is great
- The light levels in the different modes are outstanding
- Suitable for anyone who uses a flashlight on a daily basis
- Could be more durable
10. INFRAY LED Pen Light Flashlight (2 Pack)
We think that these two penlight flashlights are a great deal. That’s why we have brought them to your attention. They have the latest 220 lumens CREE XPE2 LED technology that enables them to throw light over a long range, which can only be compared to two and a half basketball courts i.e. 70m/230ft. Because of such brightness, these flashlights are perfect for doctors, nurses, mechanic, and outdoor sports. They are compact, and they measure 5.7 inches long. As such, you can easily fit them in your pocket, pants, shirt, or even attach them to a keychain. Furthermore, these flashlights are fully zoomable from wide to narrow beam. Plus they have 3 adaptable settings, which include High, Low, and Strobe. They are safe to buy and use; thanks to the 18-month warranty that protects them against defects in workmanship and material.
- Flashlights have two levels of brightness
- Weight is a bit heavy, indicating they are well constructed
- Tail piece has an eye for wrist strap
- The switch is easy to push and works well
- Flashlights use AAA batteries that are easy to find
- Sometimes the flashlights change modes on their own
Because of their compact designs and lightweight construction, pocket flashlights are really easy to carry around. That being said, they are the best bet for anyone who uses flashlights on a regular basis. Despite being very small, these flashlights are well constructed, with some capable of resisting water and impacts.