One of the easiest ways to maintain the performance of your car engine is to change the motor oil as instructed by the manufacturer. Failure to do that and you might be forced to have the entire engine of your vehicle replaced. What’s more, you should not just pick any motor oil you come across since not all of them work the same.
This means every time you want to buy motor oil, then proper research must be done to ensure that you end up with the best product. As expected, premium motor oils are versatile; hence, they will protect your car engine from corrosion and rust as well as reducing friction between metal-to-metal contacts. By doing all these, motor oils improve fuel efficiency not to mention enhancing the overall performance of your car engine. Here, we talk of the top 10 best motor oils reviews to make it easier for you to find what’s great for your car engine.
Table Best Motor Oils
- 1. Mobil 1 5 Quart 0W-40 Motor Oil (120760), Pack of 2
- 2. Royal Purple 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil (51520)
- 3. Briggs & Stratton 100028 30W Engine Oil
- 4. AmazonBasics 1 Quart AM0D53P6 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5W-30
- 5. Pennzoil 5W-20 Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil (SN), 5 Quart – Pack of 1
- 6. Castrol EDGE 5W-40 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil (06249)
- 7. Quaker State 5W-30 SN/GF-5 550044963 Motor Oil
- 8. Valvoline 797671 SAE 10W-40 Conventional Motor Oil – 1 qt (Case of 6)
- 9. BRP Evinrude Johnson XD 50 2-Cycle Motor Oil
- 10. Liqui Moly 2039 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil – 5 Liter Jug
1. Mobil 1 5 Quart 0W-40 Motor Oil (120760), Pack of 2
There is something for everyone when it comes to Mobil 1 Motor Oil. The motor oil comes in a pack of 1, which is great for those buying for the first time, and, therefore, unsure whether it will deliver the desired results. It also comes in a pack of 2 and a pack of 3, which is recommended for anyone who wants to save as well as spare themselves the hassle of having to buy motor oil every now and then.
Another reason why this motor oil has made it to this list is that it meets or exceeds the latest OEM and industry approvals. This will give you peace of mind when using the motor oil knowing that it is of great quality and totally safe to use. It is advanced full synthetic motor oil, which is formulated to provide you with outstanding wear protection, cleaning power, and overall performance. Because of its powerful constituents, this motor oil works great at keeping the engine running smoothly regardless of the driving conditions. It is made for the latest diesel and gasoline engine technology. In addition, the motor oil works with a variety of modern vehicles.
- Works great with several types of modern vehicles
- Ensures smoother and quieter running engine
- Certified and approved by OEM
- Perfect for minimizing the car oil consumption issue at high temperatures
- Stays thick during the warmest days and thin during winter
- Ideal for Sportscar engines
- The container leaks easily, so extra care should be observed when handling it
2. Royal Purple 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil (51520)
One main reason why you are buying motor oil is that you want to improve the performance of your engine. Well, the Royal Purple 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil does just that, and that’s why we recommend it for you. It brings together top-notch base oils with proprietary additive technologies to create high-end motor oil, which not only improves the performance of a car engine but also ensures unrivaled protection. It is an easy-to-use motor oil that requires no special procedures.
It is fully compatible with other synthetic oils plus it can be used with mineral oils. To get the best out of it, the Royal Purple suggests that to upgrade to the Royal Purple 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil after the manufacturer’s first scheduled oil change. This synthetic oil is API licensed, and it meets the warranty requirements of most passenger car as well as light trucks sold in the U.S./North America. Since preferences vary from one car owner to another, the Royal Purple 5W-20 Synthetic Motor Oil is available in 5 quarts; 5 quarts (pack of 3); 5 gallons; 12 quarts, and 32qt/1qt.
- Makes the engine quieter than ever before
- Great for wear protection
- Does not leave behind carbon deposits
- Works great on many types of vehicles
- Takes around 10,000 miles before it starts to break down
- The price is a bit on the higher side, but you get what you pay for
3. Briggs & Stratton 100028 30W Engine Oil
You must get it right when it comes to choosing the perfect motor oil for your car. This is because engine oil is one of the major determinants of the performance of your car engine. The Briggs & Stratton 100028 30W Engine Oil gets the nod because it is quality motor oil that will immediately improve the performance of your vehicle. It is not just designed but also it is proven to meet 4-cycle engine demands. Like other oil products from Briggs & Stratton, this one has been approved by engineers from Briggs & Stratton. It is of high-grade detergent oil classified SJ/CD by API.
Briggs & Stratton know how frustrating it can be to spend money on a poor quality product. That’s why they make sure that they only supply you with genuine parts that will maximize the life of your car engine. Besides, Briggs & Stratton provide a full warranty on their products, so you can be 100-percent satisfied. Apart from SAE 30 motor oil, which is for warmer temperatures and probably the most common oil for small engines, the manufacturer produces SAE 10W-30, Synthetic SAE 5W-30, SAE 5W-30, and Vanguard 15W-50. This means regardless of the motor oil type you are looking for, Briggs & Stratton have it.
- The manufacturer has a quality reputation
- Offers a great way to extend the life of your mower
- Comes with a manual for detailed information on how to use it
- Perfect for small engines
- Lubes the engine of equipment well
- The motor oil is shipped fast
- For the price, the bottle could be larger
4. AmazonBasics 1 Quart AM0D53P6 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5W-30
The main function of synthetic motor oil is to reduce friction. And this 5W-30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil seems to do that perfectly; thanks to its friction-reducing formula. The creative formula creates a protective coating that does a good job of reducing wear on the components of your equipment’s engine. By minimizing friction from the engine’s parts, this synthetic motor oil plays a huge role in enhancing the fuel economy as well as promoting better performance and output. It is, therefore, worth considering for anyone who wants to extend the lifespan of the engine of their equipment.
It is dexos1 Gen2, ILSAC GF-5, and API SN approved, meaning its convenience and qualities are beyond doubts. As established by the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), the first number, which ranges from 0W to 5W, indicates performance in cold temperature, where “W” stands for winter. And the end number, which is normally 20, 30 or 40, indicates performance in high temperature (at 100 degrees Celsius). Well, this synthetic oil is 5W-30, and this means it works both in cold and hot temperatures. Apart from 5W-30, this motor oil is available in 5W-40 to make it easier to find what works for your car engine.
- The price is hard to beat, given that it is full synthetic motor oil
- Motor oil has all the right certifications
- The quality seems premium, and it delivers excellent results
- Arrives clean and nicely boxed
- The delivery is quick
- Offers a cost-effective way to switch from conventional to synthetic oil
- No clear side to check how much oil you have poured already.
5. Pennzoil 5W-20 Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil (SN), 5 Quart – Pack of 1
This full synthetic motor oil does a lot of things, and that’s why we have confidently included it here. It is uniquely formulated from Pennzoil’s revolutionary PurePlus gas-to-liquid technology, which is a patented process for converting pure natural gas into a high-grade full synthetic base oil. This means the motor oil is 99.5-percent pure. It contains pure impurities compared to base oils made from crude oil. Because of its purity, the motor oil becomes one of the best when it is combined with the manufacturer’s additive technology.
This motor oil is licensed and exceeds the requirements of ACEA A1/B1, ILSAC GF-5, API SN PLUS, API SN-RC, and all previous categories. The motor oil is also FCA MS-6395, Ford WSS-M2C945-B1, and GM dexos Gen 2. It is a motor oil of exceptional quality and convenience. Given its performance, the motor oil ensures better fuel economy. For instance, it keeps your car engine clean, thereby, allowing you to drive 550 miles more than when you have a dirty car engine. This motor oil also protects the engine against deposit formation and wear. By so doing, it helps protect against loss of power. Furthermore, the motor oil protects the internal parts of the engine from metal-on-metal contact.
- Molecules are built up for better lubrication
- Protects the engine components well
- Cleans out sludge when used continuously
- Provides car owners with a great opportunity to do their own oil change
- The seller ships it promptly
- Stays clear for a long time
- For some reasons, it is overpriced, but, overall, it’s great
6. Castrol EDGE 5W-40 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil (06249)
To enjoy the benefits of this full synthetic motor oil to the maximum, Castrol advises that you use the Bosch oil filters. It is a premium motor oil that will provide you with all the benefits of synthetic motor oils. It maximizes engine response by decreasing the formation of engine deposits. This motor oil also minimizes metal-on-metal contact across many different driving speeds. It is advanced, and, therefore, offers amazing strength even under the most extreme pressure. What’s more, this synthetic motor oil is titanium strong for unrivaled engine performance.
It will protect the engine of your car for the entire drain interval even when it’s subjected under extreme pressure. It is of great quality and safe to use, considering that it is approved by ACEA A3/B4, API SN/CF, MB-Approval 229.3, Volkswagen 505 00/502 00, Porsche A40, and BMW Longlife-01. The motor oil comes in a 1-quart (32 ounces) bottle, pack of 6. It is, therefore, enough to serve you well. It is 5W-40 full synthetic motor oil, meaning it works well both during cold and hot days.
- Cars that use the motor oil run smooth
- Gives you a chance to change your own oil and save a lot of money
- Lubes the car engine nicely
- The seller ships it fast
- Recommended by Audi and works great with 2013 GTI
- Arrives neatly packaged to ensure it does not leak during shipping
- The price is not so great
7. Quaker State 5W-30 SN/GF-5 550044963 Motor Oil
Quaker State knows that for motor oil to meet the needs of many car owners, it must be advanced and capable of providing a car engine with lots of benefits. Therefore, they have formulated this 5W-30 Motor Oil with top-notch technologies. For example, this product has acid neutralizing additives that help prevent combustion acids from damaging and corroding your car engine. This motor oil also protects against wear. It is safe to use, as it meets/exceeds the requirements of North American warranty for worldwide car manufacturers, including US, Japanese, and European.
In addition, this motor oil is designed to meet the requirements of the fuel economy of the GF-5 industry standard. It offers stay-in grade viscosity throughout the oil drain period. Wear is the number one enemy of an engine. It reduces engine life in no time, thereby, robbing you of power. That’s why you need to use motor oil. But not just any motor oil; advanced motor oil like this 5W-30 Motor Oil. It is not only formulated to minimize wear but also it offers protection against severe service operation and high temperature.
- Lasts for a really long time
- Fits the bill for anyone looking for a low-cost 5W-30 motor oil
- Works nicely on high mileage engines
- Offers superior protection regardless of weather conditions
- Shipping is fast and free
- It helps save time and money
- None so far
8. Valvoline 797671 SAE 10W-40 Conventional Motor Oil – 1 qt (Case of 6)
You have come across motor oil from Valvoline at some point in your life, right? Well, this is because the manufacturer is doing a great job of producing premium motor oils. One of these oils is the 10W-40 conventional motor oil, which has all the qualities and capabilities of the best-selling oils on the market. It is specially formulated, so it can greatly improve the engine life of your vehicle. Furthermore, this motor oil comes in both mono-grade and multi-viscosity formulations, so you can effortlessly get what works well with the engine of your car.
The mono-grade formulation is perfect if you are looking for motor oil to use in warmer conditions, whereas the multi-viscosity grades are great for those looking for motor oils that can provide superior protection in all climates. This means whatever type of motor oil you are looking for; the Valvoline 10W-40 Conventional Motor Oil has it. As it is with the case with all Valvoline oils, this product is made with advanced additives that enable it to provide year-round protection for your car engine.
- The price is low and the shipping cost is zero
- Seems to work even under harsh conditions
- The container is convenient for changes
- Perfect for a break in oil
- Arrives in a timely manner
- The motor oil keeps engines clean and helps seals and bearings live longer
- None so far
9. BRP Evinrude Johnson XD 50 2-Cycle Motor Oil
Given the high ratings this motor oil has, it is evident that it is one of the best. It comes in a one size gallon, meaning it is enough to provide you with the results you need. Moreover, it is a 2-cycle motor oil; hence, its performance can only be matched by top quality motor oil brands. It is made with a creative carbx combustion cleaner that keeps carbon in suspension and away from important components. By so doing, the motor oil plays an integral part in improving the engine of your vehicle.
Like other top-class brands, this motor oil offers superior lubricity that protects against wear. And this further makes it the perfect solution for anyone who wants to improve the performance of their car engine. Based on its components, this motor oil is top quality, and, therefore, will work as expected. With it, you will not be forced to maintain your car engine every now and then. Additionally, it is reliable for 100-percent satisfaction.
- Arrives fast to avoid any inconveniences
- The price is within an affordable range
- Makes engine run smooth
- The size is convenient
- Package is well done
- Seems to last long enough
- Only available in one size
10. Liqui Moly 2039 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil – 5 Liter Jug
It is obvious that you should consider the best quality motor oil if you want to be a happy purchaser. That’s why we bring the Liqui Moly 5W-30 Motor Oil to your attention. It is an advanced motor oil that uses special additives, synthetic technology, and unconventional basic oils to provide you with amazingly reliable year-round lubrication. This means, with this synthetic motor oil, you will enjoy reduced emissions, increased mileage, and smoother operation.
Given its benefits, this synthetic motor oil will no doubt improve the life of your engine. It ensures rapid oil delivery at low temperatures and optimal oil pressure at all engine speeds. The motor oil is tested safe with turbochargers and catalytic converters; hence, it is perfect for multi-valve engines as well as tough enough to stand up to the most extreme operating environments. The motor oil is available in a variety of sizes, including 5 Liters; 5 Liter, Pack of 4; 1 Liter, and 1 Liter, Pack of 6.
- The quality is amazing
- The price is unbeatable for the quality
- The engine feels smoother and runs quieter
- Works great with BMW
- Available in several sizes to choose from
- The spout tends to block when pouring the oil quite too fast
If you drive your vehicle a lot, the above motor oils are for you. They are affordable yet versatile enough to make your car engine function as new. Furthermore, these motor oils are cost-effective since they give you an opportunity to change oil on your own rather paying someone to do it for you. Well, whether you are looking for conventional or synthetic motor oils, this is the place to pick your motor oil.