It is not uncommon to fail to have high expectations when it comes to mini drones. After all, they are small, and, therefore, do not have a lot of features. But after reading the top 10 best mini drones with camera reviews below, you will have all the reasons to get a mini drone either for yourself or for your little one. This is because the reviews talk about the best quality mini drones that have ever been available on the market. Despite their small sizes, they are equipped with high performance cameras that capture amazing photos and videos. In addition, their small sizes make them highly portable, so you can use them everywhere you go. Go ahead and read the reviews for 100-percent customer satisfaction.
- 1. Potensic A20 RC Nano Mini Drone
- 2. Holy Stone HS160 Shadow FPV RC Drone
- 3. SIMREX X300C Mini Drone with Camera
- 4. Tello Quadcopter Drone
- 5. DROCON GD60 Mini Drone RC Quadcopter
- 6. TOYEN GordVE GV561 RC Drone
- 7. T TOPVISION Quadcopter RC Drone with WiFi FPV HD Camera
- 8. DROCON Foldable Drone for Kids and Beginners
- 9. HASAKEE FPV RC Drone with HD WiFi Camera
- 10. Potensic Mini Drone for Kids with Camera
1. Potensic A20 RC Nano Mini Drone
This is no doubt the best mini drone for kids and beginners. It comes with lots of accessories, so you can use it right out of the box. These accessories include 4 small blades, one transmitter, one manual, and one charging cable. Moreover, it is packed with a number of great features like the headless mode that will let you fly it to any location without worrying about the direction it is facing. There is also the one key taking off & landing feature, which makes it much easier to fly the drone as well as to control it regardless of your level. Besides, this mini drone is equipped with an altitude hold function, which is activated by releasing the throttle stick. Once the throttle stick is released, the drone will be locked at a particular height, thereby, becoming easier to control.
- Great for indoor use
- The altitude hold mode is a useful feature for beginners
- It has protected propellers for safe use
- Seems durable and well made
- Very easy to control
- Does not come with a camera
2. Holy Stone HS160 Shadow FPV RC Drone
The camera that comes with this mini drone is not a joke. It is a 720P HD camera that will definitely capture crystal clear aerial videos and photos. Once it has captured them, the drone’s camera will have them stored in both the app and mobile album system. Ideally, this drone can be operated via an app control system. That said, simply connect the Wi-Fi to your Android or iOS, and you are ready to go. The drone comes with a bonus powerful 3.7-volt 500mAh Modular battery to support longer flight time. Moreover, it boasts a foldable design that allows its blades to fold as well as making them flexible. The foldable engineering means the drone can be made even smaller for optimum portability not to mention ensuring a better and safer flight experience.
- The manufacturer is very responsive
- Makes a great gift for kids
- Comes with two batteries for convenience
- The live camera function is amazing
- The drone flies well and has easy-to-use features and controls
- Because of its small size, the drone gets blown away pretty easily by the wind
3. SIMREX X300C Mini Drone with Camera
Controlling and operating this unit is fairly easy. Well, all you need to do is to follow the instruction manual carefully. The drone is loaded with innumerable features, just like any other top quality model. It has a headless security mode, which comes in handy when you are unable to identify its orientation. In simpler words, the headless security mode makes it much easier to control the drone as well as to prevent it from losing direction. This drone also boasts the latest 6-axis gyro flight control systems that offer better and safer user experience. It can do 360-degree flips and rolls to provide you with excellent action and amazing performance. Furthermore, this drone can be effectively controlled via a phone. You can also control it through a joystick or the built-in gravity sensor.
- Instructions are really easy to understand
- The quality feels pretty solid
- Backup parts are useful during a crash
- Very easy to travel with
- The battery life is amazing
- Works quietly and has a great camera
- The propellers/blades seem to break easily. However, the drone comes with replacements.
4. Tello Quadcopter Drone
All you need to do to start flying this mini drone with camera is to toss it into the air and then control it via the included joystick. It is packed with a high performance image processor that enables it to shoot amazing videos and photos. Apart from being easy to fly, the Tello Quadcopter Drone is very easy to control. Well, this is because of the EZ shots that will let you record pro-level videos and then share them on the social media platform using your smartphone. Tello Mini Drone is lightweight yet very durable to ensure that you have an easy time controlling it while it is in the air. It can pull out cool aerial stunts and even automatically fly up and down from your hand to make every moment unforgettable. Use it in the office, at the park, at home, or anywhere you like.
- Performs well for the price
- The 5MP camera produces great picture quality
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Great for learning to fly
- It has lots of uses e.g. making video memories, checking the roof, and scouting out land etc
- Seems not to work with all smartphones
5. DROCON GD60 Mini Drone RC Quadcopter
Most mini drones with camera are too fragile to carry with you. But that’s not the case with the DROCON GD60 Mini Drone RC Quadcopter. Although it is incredibly lightweight, this mini drone is sturdy enough to provide solid performance every time it is in use. Well, the role of the lightweight, compact design is to enable this drone to fly in small spaces and even to be carried easily during travel. Ideally, this mini drone comes with an integrated 720p HD camera that will let you shoot amazing aerial videos and photos and then share them immediately with family and friends. This drone is also packed with 3 different speeds that will help you fly at your preferred speed whether you are a beginner or a skilled flier. It can perform cool 3D flips at the press of a button to make flying moments amazing.
- Easy to use and seems to hold up well
- Great for learning to fly
- Comes with extra blades
- The control device is small; thus, easy to carry
- Customer support is professional and responsive
- Smaller than expected
6. TOYEN GordVE GV561 RC Drone
TOYEN knows that convenience is really important in mini drones with camera. For this reason, they have made the GordVE GV561 RC Drone with convenience in mind. Well, the drone can be controlled by the included remote control. Plus you can use a smartphone in the App to control it. To download the app, simply scan the QR code. What’s more, this drone is loaded with a 2M HD FPV camera to make its performance even better. With the camera and the app, you will be able to take, watch, and edit photos and videos through your smartphone device. The drone is compatible with both iOS and Android systems. Its Altitude Hold feature makes it easy to control by keeping it hovering at the current height. To activate this feature, simply release the throttle stick.
- The quality seems to be great
- A cool toy to learn on
- The instruction is easy and clear
- Works great and easy to control
- Can be controlled by either a phone or remote control (included)
- Customer support could be better
7. T TOPVISION Quadcopter RC Drone with WiFi FPV HD Camera
This mini drone with camera may be small, but it packs a highly functional built-in HD camera. The 120-degree FOV First Person View (FPV) HD Wi-Fi camera shoots stunning aerial videos and photos then uses the Wi-Fi technology to let you share whatever you have captured with your friends and family. Because of the well-designed camera, you will be able to see the world through bird eyes on your smartphone. The built-in WiFi technology will help you watch what your camera sees with live video and aerial photos in real time on your phone through the App. Other amazing features of this drone are Headless Mode & 360-degree roll and Altitude Hold features. They make the drone easy to control as well as enabling it to pull out 3D 360-degree rolling stunts and tricks.
- Good for beginners/people with no experience in flying drones
- The camera produces clear picture quality
- Makes a great gift for a loved one
- Easy to set up and use
- The flip trick is fun
- Instructions on the app are in Chinese, but they can be changed in English
8. DROCON Foldable Drone for Kids and Beginners
The sky is literally the limit when you have this mini drone with camera. Its 720P First-Person-View HD Wi-Fi camera is powerful enough to provide you with a great perspective from the air and record those memorable moments you have been dying to experience. The camera is equipped with a 120-degree angle lens that is wide enough to capture true color and panoramic views. Given the quality of its camera, the drone is perfect for adventures, sports, travel, and parties. It has a foldable design, which features foldable and flexible blades to ensure optimum portability. Having said that, you can carry this mini drone everywhere you go. It is a very easy-to-control unit; thanks to such features as one-key take-off/landing, altitude hold function, and headless mode function. The features make the drone the perfect package for any level of fliers.
- The price is right
- The customer service is outstanding
- Much easier to fly and works well
- The headless mode function is handy for beginners
- Very stable in low winds
- May arrive with a few issues, but the company is always willing to help
9. HASAKEE FPV RC Drone with HD WiFi Camera
While flying this mini drone with camera, you can always snap amazing photos and videos. And all that is because of the Wi-Fi FPV HD camera. Since it is equipped with Wi-Fi technology, the camera will let you enjoy the real-time perspective from the air, all directly through the app from your tablet or smartphone device. Another feature that helps improve image quality is the auto hovering function. It helps keep the drone at the same height even when you release the control lever. The drone can be controlled through multiple ways, including via a gravity sensor mode, remote controller, and smartphone app. In addition, it comes equipped with 2.5GHz technology that combines with 6-axis stabilization system to ensure smooth flight and easy control. Despite the innumerable features, this drone measures just 5.7 x 4.7 x 2.6 inches.
- Arrives well packaged and in good condition
- Comes with plenty of accessories
- Propeller guards feel secure when flying
- The charging time is fairly quick
- Appears well made for long-lasting performance
- A little too small
10. Potensic Mini Drone for Kids with Camera
Since this mini drone comes equipped with an FPV camera and support VR headset, it will let you enjoy FPV real-time live video directly from your smartphone. The camera makes it fun to use this small drone. Besides, this drone comes equipped with the Altitude Hold Mode that locks it at a certain height when you release the throttle stick. By so doing, the Altitude Hold Mode makes the drone super easy to control. It also stabilizes the camera for aerial videography and photography. Because of it, the drone is easy to control; thus, can be operated by kids, beginners, and hobby users. This drone also has One Key Take-off & Landing feature that further makes it easier to fly and control. Other features include Headless Mode and Custom Flight Route Mode.
- Has lots of amazing features
- Comes with a lot of accessories
- Great for parties or just all around fun
- The customer service responds quickly to issues
- Can be flown by the included controller or user’s smartphone
- The battery does not last very long
The above mini drones with camera are suitable for all levels of fliers. They are loaded with convenient features and are small enough to be easily controlled. As if that’s not enough, they are equipped with top quality built-in cameras to allow you to capture photos and videos and then share them with friends. So, whether you are a beginner, skilled flier, hobbyist or just someone with inadequate experience in flying drones, these mini drones with camera are for you.