Dermatologists and other experts cannot emphasize enough on the need to remove all traces of makeup before you go to bed. Makeup, along with pollution, dirt, and dead skin cells can clog our pores and cause skin dullness and breakouts. While a face wash can really be handy in removing makeup, it is not reliable. For instance, it is almost impossible to use a face wash when at the gym or traveling. Fortunately, there is a reliable product that makes life super convenient. A makeup remover wipe is specially formulated to remove all traces of makeup and leave you with a clean, healthy face. The following top 10 best makeup remover wipes reviews discuss the best of these products to give you a clear hint on what you should pick.
- 1. Burt’s Bees Sensitive Facial Cleansing Towelettes
- 2. Simple Face for Sensitive Skin Face Cleansing Wipes, 4 Count
- 3. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes, 2 Pack
- 4. Olay Daily Clean Makeup Removing Facial Cleansing Wipes
- 5. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths, 25 Count
- 6. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Cleansing Makeup Removing Wipes, 25 Count
- 7. Pond’s 71 ct Makeup Remover Wipes – MoistureClean
- 8. Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Wipes (Pack of 2)
- 9. CeraVe Face and Eye Makeup Remover Wipes
- 10. Aesthetica Makeup Removing Wipes
1. Burt’s Bees Sensitive Facial Cleansing Towelettes
What’s great about these makeup remover wipes is that they are ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested. This means they are very safe to use as well as effective enough to deliver expected results. Besides, their effectiveness is further improved by the different ingredients they are made of.
They are perfect for sensitive skincare, given that they are allergy tested not to mention being hypoallergenic and fragrance-free. The role of these makeup remover wipes is to gently cleanse and tone the skin and, at the same time, get rid of pore-clogging dirt, makeup, and oil.
- All-natural formulation
- One-step cleanser
- 100-percent natural ingredients
- Available in different scents to choose from
- The price is affordable
- Great for those who do not like fragrances
- The wipes clean and moisturize the face
- One pack has several wipes that can last for a month
- Not as moisturized as expected
2. Simple Face for Sensitive Skin Face Cleansing Wipes, 4 Count
These makeup remover wipes come second on our list because they cleanse the skin gently to remove all impurities as well as to unclog pores. They are dermatologist tested and approved, meaning they are totally safe to use.
Moreover, these cleansing wipes do not dry or irritate the face. Plus they have several uses that make them a convenient purchase. There are several convenient ways to care for your face. And the use of these cleansing wipes is definitely one of them. The wipes remove makeup, impurities, excess oil, and dirt.
- Aqua-lock technology packaging
- Softer-than-silk fibers
- Purified water
- Gentle cleansers
- Skin-loving ingredients
- Wipes are not scented
- Wipes help improve personal hygiene
- They are gentle and do not irritate the skin
- Leave the skin soft and clean
- They are easy to use
- Not very effective in removing waterproof mascara
3. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes, 2 Pack
Everyone wants a makeup remover cleansing wipe that works quickly and is very easy to use. Well, we think that the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes fit the bill. They are effective makeup remover wipes that clean quickly in one step only.
They remove makeup, oil, and traces of dirt to leave you with amazingly clean and soft skin. Besides, these towelettes are effective enough to get rid of stubborn mascara. They are completely safe to use because they are allergy-, ophthalmologist-, and dermatologist-tested. Neutrogena is a well-known company that makes some of the most loved companies in the world. All that being said, we are certain you will love these cleansing towelettes.
- Alcohol-free formula
- Pre-moistened facial cleansing wipes
- Resealable pack
- Wipes are large and do not leave an oily feeling
- Great for removing both light and heavy makeup
- The scent is nice
- They leave the face smooth, hydrated, and clean
- Wipes remove makeup without much effort
- The sticker loses its stickiness over time
4. Olay Daily Clean Makeup Removing Facial Cleansing Wipes
Most people visit the spa to have their faces cleaned. But with the Olay Daily Clean Makeup Facial Cleansing Wipes, the spa is the last place you will ever think of whenever you want to have your face cleaned. The wipes are a much more affordable option than going to the spa yet they deliver professional results.
They remove dirt, makeup, oil, and even waterproof mascara. Ideally, they do that two times better than basic cleansing. Having said that, expect these cleansing wipes to leave your face smooth and soft in no time.
- Grapeseed extract
- Soap-free hydrating wipes
- Effective Olay conditioners
- Olay water-activated cleansing cloths
- Wipes are very easy to use
- Great for getting rid of acne
- Big enough to cover the neck and face
- They leave a cleaning feeling
- Very gentle on the face
- The price is hard to beat
- Not everyone likes the smell
5. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths, 25 Count
Who does not want clean and refreshed skin? The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths are high-performance makeup remover wipes you should definitely invest in if you want to have clean, healthy, and beautiful skin.
What’s more, these skin cleansing cloths are very safe to use and will not cause any side effects. They are mild and non-irritating to give you peace of mind knowing that you will not find yourself in any problems as a result of removing makeup with them.
- Soap-free cleansing cloths
- Non-irritating cloths
- 25 count (pack of 2)
- Large size
- Versatile; cleansing cloths are ideal for several uses
- The price is reasonable
- Very gentle and do not irritate the skin
- Cleansing cloths have enough moisture to be refreshing
- They leave the face feeling clean and hydrated
- They do not remove waterproof mascara as effectively as expected
6. Aveeno Ultra-Calming Cleansing Makeup Removing Wipes, 25 Count
For cleansing makeup remover wipes to be regarded as the best, they must be very gentle so they do not hurt sensitive areas. The Aveeno Ultra-Calming Cleansing Makeup Removing Wipes are gentle and versatile. That being said, they remove oil, makeup, dirt, and even mascara.
They are formulated to leave the skin smooth and more balanced than ever before. Another reason why we think these wipes are some of the best on the market is that they are ophthalmologist and dermatologist tested for use on sensitive skin. The manufacturer believes in them and so should you.
- Soothing calming Feverfew extract
- Non-comedogenic and oil-free formula
- Special formulation
- The wipes leave the face feeling soft
- The smell is wonderful
- They work well on sensitive skin
- The packaging is excellent
- The price point is great
- The top part that is supposed to stick back down loses its stickiness over time
7. Pond’s 71 ct Makeup Remover Wipes – MoistureClean
Only high-performance makeup removing wipes can remove the toughest makeup. The Pond’s 71 ct Makeup Remover Wipes – MoistureClean have made it to this list because they are among the best quality makeup remover wipes. They are dermatologist tested, and this means they are very safe to use.
What’s more, these wipes are soft, moist, and work gently without drying the skin. That being said, you will enjoy using these wipes. Whether you are from the gym, traveling or simply want to make your life convenient, these makeup remover wipes are for you.
- Soft, plush, and textured clothes
- Vitamin E
- Triple Anti-Oxidant complex
- Excellent for the price
- The wipes have lots of uses
- Are not heavily scented
- They do not leave any sticky or soapy residue
- Wipes remove all the makeup
- They are a little on the dry side
8. Yes To Cucumbers Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Wipes (Pack of 2)
Another pack of makeup remover wipes we would like to bring to your attention is this item. We recommend it because it works as promised. It naturally rejuvenates and refreshes the skin to make sure you are very satisfied with what you are seeing.
Since they are made to deliver, these facial wipes will make sure you notice a positive change on your face earlier than anticipated. In addition to working great, these facial wipes are within an affordable range. So, whether you are on a budget or just looking for something economical, these wipes are the best bet.
- All-natural, biodegradable wipes
- Compostable FSC-certified fabric
- Cucumbers and Aloe Vera cleanse
- Wipes are not expensive
- They leave the skin very soft
- Wipes help prevent breakouts
- Great for quick wipe downs
- Wipes have a great smell
- They give the face a clean feel
- The plastic top could be more durable
9. CeraVe Face and Eye Makeup Remover Wipes
You will not go wrong with these wipes for eyes and face. They are dermatologist tested, and this shows that the manufacturer believes in their quality. They gently and perfectly remove dirt, oil, and foundation makeup to leave you with a clean and healthy face.
The ingredients and other substances used to make these makeup remover wipes are very safe and effective. Having said that, expect these wipes to deliver fast and amazing results. They are so effective that you will not need to rinse your face after use.
- 3 Essential ceramides
- No sulfates
- Gentle, non-irritating formula
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Works as advertised for sensitive skin
- The wipes do not burn the eyes
- They let you remove waterproof mascara and eyeliner without scrubbing
- Wipes help repair the skin and deep clean the face
- The price is reasonable
- May burn sensitive areas if you happen to apply too much makeup
10. Aesthetica Makeup Removing Wipes
Your skin should be fresh and clean every time you are going to bed. And some of the tools that can help you achieve that are these makeup removing wipes by Aesthetica. These cleansing wipes are well made, and, therefore, capable of removing all traces of makeup, oil, and dirt.
By so doing, the wipes leave your face free of debris. Ideally, these wipes remove mascara and liners effortlessly without forcing you to scrub anything. This means you will not expose your skin to injuries when you use them. The best part is that despite exceeding expectations, these wipes are not overpriced.
- Unscented formula
- USP, pharmaceutical-grade water
- Calming and hydrating ingredients like cucumber, aloe, and chamomile
- Wipes get all makeup off
- They leave the skin feeling soft and clean
- Great quality for the price
- Wipes do not hurt sensitive skin
- The smell is nice and not overpowering
- The packaging could be better
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Makeup Remover Wipes
To further make your work of settling on the best makeup removing wipes a breeze, we have compiled the following list of factors. This means all you need to do is to use the factors to narrow down to suitable products. So, let’s get started.
The makeup remover wipes you are going for should be as effective as possible. They should be able to remove all traces of makeup. What’s more, they should be able to remove waterproof mascara and liners. Ideally, your wipes should remove makeup gently without forcing you to scrub your face.
Apart from removing makeup, the wipes you invest in should be able to do other things. For instance, they should be able to remove dirt and oil. They should also leave the face moisturized; making sure you do not have to apply lotion after using them.
Small makeup remover wipes are quite hard to use and there are some cases where they have failed to serve their purpose. Consequently, super large makeup remover wipes are pretty bulky. They also come in annoyingly fewer pieces. That being said, you should settle on well-sized makeup remover wipes i.e. neither too small nor too large.
If you read our reviews, you clearly know that there are makeup remover wipes for dry skin, normal skin, and sensitive skin. Therefore, when choosing a pack of makeup remover wipes, make sure you know the skin type it is specially formulated for.
How makeup remover wipes are packed really matters. This is because poorly packaged wipes are likely to lose their moisture and become so dry that they cannot be used. Well, nice packages are those that reseal perfectly when not in use. By so doing, these packages prevent wipes from losing their moisture.
A face wash does a great job of keeping the face clean, but it is not as reliable as makeup remover wipes. Made with convenience in mind, makeup remover wipes can be used anywhere, anytime. Moreover, they are extremely easy to use since all you need to do is to flash out a piece from its pack and then use it to gently wipe down all traces of makeup, dirt and/or oil.