Although work light stands have been there since time immemorial, a number of things have been changing. And it is these factors and features that have led to the introduction of LED work light stands. As their name suggests, LED work light stands use LED bulbs to provide illumination, and this is really great. This is because LED bulbs are bright yet they do not consume a lot of energy. LED work light stands also come with highly functional tripods/stands. Their stands can be adjusted and/or tilted to get the perfect angle. In this article, we bring you the top 10 best LED work light stands reviews to help you make the right decision in case you decide to buy one.
- 1. Designers Edge L14SLED Twin-Head Work Light with Tripod Stand
- 2. PowerSmith PWL2140TS LED Work Light with Lamp Housing and Tripod
- 3. DEWALT DCL079B 20V MAX LED Work Light, Tripod Base
- 4. VonHaus Dual Head LED Work Light with Tripod Stand
- 5. TACKLIFE 5400 Lumen Tripod LED Work Light
- 6. Woods LED Work Light On Steel Tripod (WL40272S)
- 7. All Pro LED Portable Worklight with Telescoping Tripod
- 8. LUTEC 7000 Lumen 93 Watt LED Work Light
- 9. GALAX PRO Dual-Head 20W 4000 Lumen LED Work Light
- 10. Globe Electric LED Expandable Boomstick Worklight
1. Designers Edge L14SLED Twin-Head Work Light with Tripod Stand
One of the reasons why we have included this LED work light stand in these reviews is that it brings two key things – convenience and versatility. It promotes convenience in the sense that it has an extendable and adjustable tripod. The tripod can be extended up to 68 inches tall. Ideally, this twin-head work light improves versatility by being portable and ideal for home and work applications. Another reason why this work light has scooped the first slot is that it is UL and cUL listed. Plus it comes with a 90-day limited warranty to protect against defects in workmanship and material. Moreover, we are impressed with the unique design of this work light. It boasts a 2-in-1 fixture that comes with two 500W halogen bulbs.
- The price is almost unbeatable
- Has a tube to store an extra bulb
- Swivels up and down and left to right easily
- The telescoping pole is of decent height
- The tripod feet spread wide to prevent tipping
- Instructions could be more detailed
2. PowerSmith PWL2140TS LED Work Light with Lamp Housing and Tripod
This LED work light comes equipped with a telescoping tripod and metal lamp housing. The telescoping tripod can extend up to 47 inches tall to provide you with great illumination while you are tackling a project. Ideally, the convenient tripod combines with the 4,000 lumens and 5,000K color temperature to make sure you get the brilliant light that allows you to see in vivid detail. Both the tripod and the lamp housing are built to last. The tripod is made of metal, while the housing is constructed with die-cast aluminum. Well, throw in an IP65 rating to this already-solid construction and you have a rugged and durable package that is ready for outdoor projects. What’s more, this unit can be tilted up to 30 degrees downward and up to 90 degrees upward for ultimate convenience.
- Great for working on your car at night
- Super bright and does not get hot
- Switches are easy to operate
- Putting it together is quick and easy
- The stand is versatile
- The price is quite on the higher side
3. DEWALT DCL079B 20V MAX LED Work Light, Tripod Base
We all know that DEWALT does a good job of producing products we normally use almost on a daily basis. One of these products is the DEWALT DCL079B. It is equipped with a natural white LED that offers accurate color visibility to make sure you do not experience any difficulty when doing some project at night or in a poorly lit place. Besides, the LED has a long lifespan, and it stays cool to the touch. The DEWALT DCL079B also features 3 brightness settings to help customize the illumination of your workspace. Plus it comes equipped with a telescoping pole that extends up to 7 feet to reduce glare and shadows. Additionally, this LED work light with stand is built to stand up to all job site conditions.
- The directional head allows the light to be easily aimed
- Perfect for commercial applications
- Folds up easily for transportation
- Build quality and materials are top-class
- The function and design are super smart
- The light beam is super wide and soft
- Charger and battery are sold separately
4. VonHaus Dual Head LED Work Light with Tripod Stand
An LED work light stand that produces 4000 lumens cannot be overlooked. We are talking about the VonHaus Dual Head LED Work Light. It is powerful and highly efficient; hence, it is a must-have for anyone who wants to finish their projects in no time. It works with 40-watt LED bulbs; therefore, don’t expect it to consume a lot of power. Furthermore, this LED work light comes with a telescopic and fully adjustable tripod that extends up to 80 inches tall to provide you with exceptional illumination. The tripod is heavy-duty, given that it is made of durable aluminum that is ready to stand up to demanding use. When fully extended, the tripod size is 82.6 by 33.5 by 22.8 inches. This unit also boasts a water-resistant design, which further justifies that it is great for both indoor and outdoor use.
- The tripod is sturdy
- Lightweight and distributes light nicely
- Heads are compact and assembly is super easy
- Perfect for very detail work
- The appearance of the entire unit is very clean and modern
- The cord could be longer
5. TACKLIFE 5400 Lumen Tripod LED Work Light
This is one of the LED work light stands you can buy without worries. It is ETL certified plus it comes with a 12-month warranty. Away from that, this tripod LED work light comes with a tripod stand, which, in turn, has a dual-head light set. The dual-head light set is detachable and has a handle. The LED work light stand also features a 120-degree beam angle as well as boasting a 270-degree vertical rotation via the adjustable knobs. In addition, this LED work light stand has IP65 waterproof construction, which combines with the rustproof paint to make it great for innumerable applications such as construction, RV, garden, garage, and jetty work. The light will last longer, and that’s because it has a practical design style featuring a whole black painted backside to displace heat.
- The build quality is solid
- The included Micro-USB cord has a long length
- The brightness is surprisingly good
- The light charges fairly quickly
- Can be used to charge other devices
- The lens is plastic; therefore, be keen to put the light at a safer distance when doing projects that shoot molten sparks.
6. Woods LED Work Light On Steel Tripod (WL40272S)
We are particularly happy with the tripod stand that this LED work light comes with. First, it is adjustable to allow you to set it at the correct level for optimum illumination. Second, it has non-slip feet to keep the light still and prevent it from tipping over while you are working. Another feature of this work light that has impressed us is the die-cast aluminum housing that protects against minor drops as well as standing up to most, if not all, work areas. It is not just the solid craftsmanship that extends the lifespan of this LED work light. There is also a heat sink back, which is basically an extra layer of safety for preventing the light from becoming hot. The light is powerful, portable, and highly efficient.
- Puts out a good amount of light
- Cool to the touch
- The stand is very stable
- The direction of the light is easy to adjust
- Can be used as a floor light or mounted on the extension pole that puts it at around 6’ off the floor
- The bolts on the side, which allow the light to tilt up and down, cannot be loosened by hand
7. All Pro LED Portable Worklight with Telescoping Tripod
If you are looking for an LED work light stand that you can use in your workplace and/or household, this unit should be a frontier for you. It is a durable product that comes with a telescoping tripod to allow you to easily adjust it to the perfect level. Besides, the telescoping tripod has non-skid feet to prevent the light from tipping over. This LED work light also features sturdy housing, which, in turn, has an acrylic lens for superior durability. It is the kind of light you will use with peace of mind knowing that it is built to last. Still, on the long lifespan; the work light comes equipped with maintenance-free LEDs that have a lifetime of 35,000 hours. It is UL-certified and backed by a 5-year limited warranty.
- Does not heat up
- Very light and easy to move
- The design is sturdy
- The light is powerful and shines brightly
- Saves a lot of money in the long run
- The mounting bracket prevents you from aiming the light down by over 45 degrees
8. LUTEC 7000 Lumen 93 Watt LED Work Light
Backed by a 3-year warranty, this LED work light with telescoping tripod is safe to invest in. The warranty shows that the manufacturer believes in the quality of this product. Ideally, the work light is ETL certified for wet locations. Needles to say, this LED work light is perfect for outdoor projects. The tripod stand has a flip lock that makes it more secure. Furthermore, the lamp head of this LED work light can be rotated 90 degrees vertically and 330 degrees horizontally. This means using this light to finish various tasks is a great idea. And when you are done with your projects, simply fold the light up and you are good to go. Besides, there is a built-in cord wrap system that further improves the portability of this work light.
- The light is very easy to adjust
- Very bright and useful
- The cord is nice and long
- Collapses down nicely for easy storage and portability
- The telescopic stand is incredibly sturdy
- Each light cannot be turned off/on independently
9. GALAX PRO Dual-Head 20W 4000 Lumen LED Work Light
This LED work light comes with a sturdy telescopic tripod, and that’s what we like. The tripod is made of strong tubular steel and has a rotating telescopic shaft. What’s more, the height of the telescopic tripod ranges from 89 centimeters to 145 centimeters. Another feature we find impressive is the dual-headed lamp that can easily be detached from the tripod. Plus this work light has plastic/rubber feet that protect the floor from scratches. Setting up the LED work light is a breeze, given that no tools are required. When you buy this work light, you will get a warranty card, 24 months warranty, user manual, and, of course, a tripod stand. As if that’s not enough, this LED work light comes with an extra-long 9-foot power cord that allows for a greater working range.
- The height can be raised or lowered
- The lights rotate left to right and up and down
- The light can be detached from the stand
- Very bright and versatile
- The light given out has little to no glare
- No power switch
10. Globe Electric LED Expandable Boomstick Worklight
Globe Electric is another wonderful company that offers wonderful products like the Globe Electric Red Finish 66282 Worklight. The worklight comes equipped with a tripod that can be adjusted up to 60 inches. The work light also boasts a 360-degree light spread not to mention producing up to 3500 lumens and 5000K light temperature. With all that said, expect a bright white light from this unit. And with a bright white light comes versatility. In other words, this model is ideal for all kinds of construction work. The versatility of this LED work light is further improved by the IP54 water-resistant construction. The light also has 48-watt LEDs that last up to 50,000 hours. What’s more, the LEDs provide a brightness of over 100W incandescent bulbs. As such, it will save you money on energy costs.
- Easy to set up
- Portable and can be used anywhere
- Takes up little space
- Puts out a lot of light
- Sturdy and will last longer
- The light has thoughtful little features
If you work 24/7 or normally tackle some projects late in the night, an LED work light stand should be a frontier for you. These units put lights at a perfect height to let you carry out different tasks without any issues. Best of all, these units are portable despite having stands that can be adjusted to long heights.