Using a knife for what it is not meant for is a risky move. Apart from having a torrid time in the kitchen, you are likely to cut yourself. That’s why everyone (not just professional chefs) should invest in a good kitchen knife set. A complete set includes steak, paring, carving, utility, bread, chef, Santoku, and slicing knives. These various knives make sure you use the right tool for the right job. That being said, a kitchen knife set will keep you safe and even help you save time. In the following top 10 best kitchen knife sets reviews, we have discussed the best models to help you choose what’s right for your needs and pocket.
- 1. Home Hero Stainless Steel Knife Set with Block
- 2. Utopia Kitchen Stainless Steel Kitchen 6 Piece Knives Set
- 3. Cuisinart 15-Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Block Set (C77SS-15PK)
- 4. McCook MC25 14 Pieces Kitchen Knife set with Wooden Block
- 5. Emojoy 15-Piece Kitchen Knife Set with Block Wooden
- 6. AmazonBasics 14-Piece Kitchen Knife Set
- 7. Zwilling J.A. Henckels 19 Piece Knife Block Set (30782-000)
- 8. Gibson Oster 70562.22 Baldwyn 22-Piece Cutlery Block Set
- 9. Wanbasion Stainless Steel Forged Kitchen Knife Set (6 Pieces)
- 10. Farberware 12-Piece Cutlery Knife Set (5183157)
1. Home Hero Stainless Steel Knife Set with Block
This is an all-in-one complete set that deserves a place in this article. It is a specialized set of kitchen knives that will no doubt meet all your chopping needs. It includes 13 professional knives, a bonus peeler, a modern knife stand, a premium 2-stage knife sharpener, and a kitchen scissor. All the pieces are of great quality and will last long. For instance, the blades of the knives are made of stainless steel, while the handles are made of nonstick paint. The handles are also ergonomically designed to make sure they are very easy to use. You will never deal with stains, rust or pitting as long as you have this set. It has knives for all purposes, including carving knife, steak knives, utility knife, paring knife, cheese knife, bread knife, chef knife, and pizza knife.
- The set is aesthetically appealing
- The peeler works well
- The price is affordable
- The seller is amazing
- Knives do rust or stain
- Pizza knife works great
- Not the best quality, but works well for what it is designed for
2. Utopia Kitchen Stainless Steel Kitchen 6 Piece Knives Set
Utopia Kitchen is a well-known brand. It makes lots of products including this stainless steel kitchen 6-piece set. The set includes an 8” carving knife, an 8” chef knife, an 8” bread knife, a 3.5” paring knife, a 5” utility knife, and an acrylic stand. All the knives (apart from paring knife) have a blade thickness of 2.5mm. The paring knife has a blade thickness of 2mm. That being said, these knives are of great quality and work as expected. The quality of these knives is further improved by their solid construction. They have an all-stainless steel design, meaning their handles will not fall off. As expected, these knives are not dishwasher safe. Instead, the manufacturer recommends that you hand wash and then use a napkin to dry them. This helps prevent them from rusting.
- The set is shipped quickly and arrives securely packaged
- The set is worth the price
- The block looks beautiful on the counter
- The all-steel construction is impressive
- Knives sharpen well with sharpening steel
- The knife block is not angled, making it difficult to pull out knives when the block is on a counter with cabinets above it.
3. Cuisinart 15-Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Block Set (C77SS-15PK)
Cuisinart is another reputable company that rarely disappoints customers. That being said, it is unsurprising that it provides a lifetime warranty to protect this set from defects in materials and workmanship. What’s more, Cuisinart has used superior materials only to make the set. It has constructed it with high carbon stainless steel blades for unrivaled accuracy and precision. Furthermore, it has ergonomically designed the handle of each knife so it can provide comfort. The blades of the knives are easy to clean plus they narrow gradually to create an extremely sharp and fine edge. The set includes six 4.5” hot-forged steak knives, an 8” chef knife, a 3.5” bird’s beak paring knife, an 8” slicing knife, a 3.5” paring knife, a 7” knife (Santoku), and a 5.5” utility knife (serrated). The set also comes with household shears (all-purpose), 8” sharpening steel, and a block to hold them all.
- Knives are sharp and have a wonderful balance to them
- The set looks gorgeous
- All the pieces seem durable
- Very comfortable in the hand
- The pieces arrive carefully packed
- Knives will rust if not treated right
4. McCook MC25 14 Pieces Kitchen Knife set with Wooden Block
What we like about this set is that it passes through FDA and undergoes at least 15 checks before reaching the consumer. The rigorous tests show that this set is of premium quality, and, therefore, you should invest in it. Another thing we love about the set is that it has exclusive taper grind edge technology that offers unrivaled sharpness to make sure every cutting experience is a breeze. The technology also makes the knives extremely easy to re-sharpen. Besides, knives in this set have an ergonomically designed handle that offers comfort as well as allowing you to use them with confidence. The set comes with a 100-percent satisfaction guarantee, which is another proof that it is of wonderful quality and the manufacturer believes in it.
- The price point is very competitive
- The finish is flawless and nicely polished
- Handles are very comfortable
- Blades are incredibly sharp
- The wooden knife block looks beautiful
- The company stands behind the set
- Knives rust quickly if not taken care of well
5. Emojoy 15-Piece Kitchen Knife Set with Block Wooden
Emojoy is dedicated to making sure its customers have the best experience ever with their products. Well, one of these products is the 15-piece kitchen knife set with wooden block. It comes with a 100-percent money-back guarantee to show that the manufacturer stands behind it because it believes in it. The set is an all-in-one complete unit that comes with all sorts of knives as well as other essential pieces such as a knife sharpener and kitchen scissors. The knives included in this set are 8-inch chef knife, 8-inch slicing knife, 8-inch Santoku knife, 3.5-inch paring knife, 5-inch utility knife, and 6pcs of 4.5-inch steak knives. The blades of these knives are made of X50Cr15 high-carbon stainless steel for accuracy and precision. They are durable and strong to ensure stability and control.
- The set looks beautiful
- The deep of the wood is reasonable
- Does not have unnatural smells
- The pieces are easy to clean
- The wooden block does not take a lot of space
- The scissors are awkward to use
6. AmazonBasics 14-Piece Kitchen Knife Set
Imagine all the knives you need in one sleek collection, impressive, right? That’s what this 14-piece kitchen knife set brings to you. It includes an 8” chef knife, 8” slicing knife, 8” bread knife, 5.5” utility knife, 3.5” paring knife, six 4.5-inch steak knives, 8” kitchen shears, 8” sharpener, and a pine wood block. The pine wood block is attractive and ensures safe storage of all the pieces not to mention making sure they are within easy reach. Ideally, all pieces in this set are well made for solid performance. The knives, for instance, feature high-carbon stainless steel blades. They also have triple-rivet POM handles to allow for a comfortable and secure grip. According to the manufacturer, the pieces should be hand-washed with a mild detergent and warm water. After that, they should be rinsed and dried thoroughly.
- The knives are very sharp
- The set complements any kitchen
- The wooden block does not take up a lot of counter space
- The set makes a great Christmas present
- The price point is low
- You need to dry the pieces quickly, lest they will develop rust spots
7. Zwilling J.A. Henckels 19 Piece Knife Block Set (30782-000)
They say, buy badly, buy twice. So, if you do not want to be on the receiving end of a bad purchase, you should invest in the Zwilling J.A. Henckels 19 Piece Knife Block Set (30782-000). The set is made in Germany and we can confidently tell you that it is one of the highest quality kitchen knife sets you have ever come across. It includes a 2-1/2” peeling knife, eight 4.5” steak knives, a 4-inch utility/paring knife, a 5-inch utility knife (serrated), an 8-inch bread knife, a 6-inch utility/sandwich knife, a 4-1/2-inch utility knife, a 7-inch Santoku knife hollow edge, and an 8-inch chef’s knife. The set also comes with kitchen shears, 9-inch sharpening steel, and a block. Moreover, this set is backed by a lifetime warranty for peace of mind during purchase.
- Knives are very sharp and cut well
- The handle is very comfortable
- The quality is top-notch
- Has an extra slot for a cleaver
- Knives are lightweight and well balanced
- The blades are flexible, but not to the extent of becoming difficult to use
8. Gibson Oster 70562.22 Baldwyn 22-Piece Cutlery Block Set
Your kitchen needs a high-performance kitchen knife set like the Gibson 70562.22. It is a complete set that includes a 1-6-1/2” Santoku, 1-6” chef, 1-6” boning, 1-8” carving, 1-rubberwood block, 1-6” fork, sharpening steel, 1-6” cleaver, 1-pair of scissors, 1-3” bird’s beak paring knife, 8-4-1/2” steak knives, 1-3-1/2” paring knife, 1-8” chef, and 1-6” utility knife. The blades of the knives in this set are made of high-quality stainless steel that will not rust or stain. The handles of the knives are also made of stainless steel for superior durability. Furthermore, the black block is mirror polished to ensure enhanced visual appeal. Although the pieces are dishwasher safe, hand-washing is highly recommended. Plus this set comes with a limited warranty for worry-free purchase. It has several pieces to make your life in the kitchen very much convenient.
- Makes an excellent gift for a loved one
- The black base is great
- Knives are sharp and look attractive
- The set has many different knives and utensils
- Knives are easy to use
- The set is not of the highest quality, but for the price, it is perfect
9. Wanbasion Stainless Steel Forged Kitchen Knife Set (6 Pieces)
This set includes an 8” chef knife, 7” Santoku knife, 8” carving knife, 8” bread knife, 5” utility knife, and 3.5” paring knife. The knives are made of top-notch stainless steel; hence, they will not rust. The stainless steel also makes them extremely sharp and easy to use. As if that’s not enough, the blades of these knives are coated with corrosion-proof titanium, and they will not scratch. The chef knife is great for daily dicing, slicing, and chopping; the Santoku knife is perfect for all purposes; the carving knife is perfect for when you want to slice meat into pieces; the bread knife is ideal for cutting bread into perfect slices; the utility knife acts as the best complement to the chef knife, while the paring knife is the go-to cutlery when you want to preserve juice in the fruit.
- They are great for the price
- Very light in weight and easy to clean
- Knives come with protectors for worry-free storage in the drawer
- Well made and look sharp
- The black color is amazing
- They stain quickly; therefore, make sure you take care of them well
10. Farberware 12-Piece Cutlery Knife Set (5183157)
If kitchen knife sets were to be ranked in order of affordability, the Farberware 5183157 would scoop the first slot. It has up to 12 pieces yet its price point is surprisingly low. These pieces include an 8” chef knife, 3.5” paring knife, 8” slicer knife, 5.5” serrated knife, and 8” bread knife. Each knife has a blade cover for safety and protection against elements. Besides, the blade of each knife is made of stainless steel and has a resin coating that is stick-resistant and prevents food/ingredients from sticking to the knife. The handles are ergonomically-designed, and this means you will enjoy a comfortable, firm grip while using these knives. The set is dishwasher safe, and this means cleaning it is quick and easy. Plus this set makes a great gift for newlyweds, grads, and college students.
- Knives are sharp and well made
- Colors are vibrant and very appealing
- Complements any kitchen décor
- Easy to use and to clean
- The price is great
- The cover for the largest (purple) knife is very tight and difficult to remove
Convenience is what everyone needs when they are in the kitchen. It does not matter whether you are a professional chef or an occasional cook because convenience can go a long way to helping you save time and come up with some of the greatest dishes your loved ones have ever enjoyed. Well, one way to improve convenience in the kitchen is to go for one of the above kitchen knife sets.