Paper towels work well, but we don’t think they are the right purchase for anyone on a budget or an economic-minded person. This is because they are disposable; hence, you only use them once before throwing them away. Well, if you fall in any of the group of individuals we have just mentioned, it is time to consider a kitchen dish towel. Unlike paper towels, kitchen dish towels are non-disposable. And this means you will be able to use them over and over again.
They work exactly like paper towels in that they absorb spilled water. And to achieve that, most kitchen dish towels have been made with 100-percent cotton, which is known for high absorbency. Apart from cleaning spills, kitchen dish towels can be used for drying glassware as well as wrapping bread. We believe that they are a must-have for everyone. So, seize this opportunity and get one set from the top 10 best kitchen dish towels reviews below.
1. Aunti Em’s Kitchen Dish Towels (13-pack)
When you buy a pack of Aunti Em’s Kitchen Dish Towels, you get up to 13 pieces; each measuring 25.5-by-15.5 inches. The towels are available in white with blue, red or green stripes. They are made of 100-percent renewable cotton, meaning they are absolutely safe to the environment and family. Ideally, the cotton used is super absorbent, making these towels extremely easy to use. They have also been nicely finished, with each dish towel hemmed on all the four sides. You will, therefore, have reliable towels that will help you save the cash you could have otherwise spent on buying new ones because old ones are worn out. In addition, these dish towels come with a hanging loop for easy storage.
- Loops on towels make them easy to hang
- Can be given out as a gift
- Durable and hold embroidery well
- Look nice when hung in the kitchen
- Keep shape even after several washes and uses
- Low absorbency level
2. Utopia Towels Kitchen Dish Cloth (12-Pack)
The set that contains these kitchen dish towels has up to 12 pieces. And we believe that is just enough to help you get things running in your kitchen. Each of the 12 kitchen dishcloths is made of strong and durable fibers, so it can last longer. Regardless of being strong, these kitchen dishcloths are so soft that the last thing they will do is scratch your delicate pans, plates, and cookware. The material also makes these towels lightweight, so you can use them pretty fast. Additionally, the fiber is highly absorbent, and this will help you get outstanding results every time you use these towels. Still on the fiber; it dries quickly to prevent bacteria from building up.
- A perfect addition to the restaurants and hotels
- Look durable and ready to last a while
- The fabric is highly absorbent
- Inexpensive and dry quickly
- Thickness is great; neither too thin nor too thick
- Towels cut down on paper towel use
- Quality is not the best
3. Utopia Towels Kitchen Towels (12 Pack, 15 X 25 Inch)
It seems 12 is the lucky number of Utopia Towels. Like the other set of Utopia Towels, this one has up to 12 pieces of kitchen dish towels. And Utopia Towels have given them good colors in that 6 of them are white and the other 6 are black. This means you can fold them well after wash and then store them in a uniformly-colored layer to create something amazing. Besides, these towels are woven with 100-percent ring spun cotton, and this makes them durable and ready for household chores. Towels are made of natural materials that are synthetic-free with zero chemicals. As such, they will not pose any danger to your family. And they are machine washable for quick cleaning when they get dirty.
- Fairly thick and look nice
- Machine washable and dry very well
- Soft and absorbent for easy use
- The color is nice and simple
- Hold up well to everyday demands
- Towels are a bit linty
4. DII Cotton Terry Dish Cloths (Set of 6)
We are impressed with the versatility of these dishcloths from DII. They are actually designed to tackle any job a kitchen dish towel can do. That being said, you can use them for drying, cleaning, and wiping. A set of these dishcloth has up to 6 pieces, and given the performance of each dishcloth, expect zero inconveniences. Each dishcloth is also reasonably sized; measuring 12-by-12 inches. DII has made them with a tightly-woven 100-percent cotton fabric that will last longer and withstand the several washes. The fabric is also ultra absorbent and dries quickly to further bring in the much-needed convenience. When washing these dishcloths, consider using cold water in Gentle Cycle & Tumble Dry Low.
- Wring out easily for wiping areas
- Have the right size for the intended purpose
- Remain soft and flexible even after several uses
- The price is fair for easy buy
- Can be used as a cover for biscuits or rolls at the table
- Dishcloths are very thin
5. Fecido Classic Kitchen Dish Towels (Set of 2)
Customers who have used the Fecido Classic Kitchen Dish Towel Set are willing to use it again. And this is the reason why; although they come in a set of two only, these dish towels are generously sized, with each towel measuring 19 inches by 27 inches. As a result, you will find them handy for everyday use. These towels are also made of 100-percent cotton and are thick enough, so they can have unwavering ability to absorb liquid and other messes. Their incredibly high absorbency levels also make them perfect for drying cookware and glassware. They are professional grade kitchen dish towels that will soften, so you can continue getting the best out of them. In addition, these towels will not leave lint over your glasses and plates.
- The size is perfect for most kitchen and non-kitchen jobs
- Towels look nice when neatly stored
- Absorbent and dries dishes and plates well
- Soft; hence, will not scratch delicate glassware and cookware
- The color and thickness are amazing
- You may take some time to get used to the large size
6. Harringdons Kitchen Dish Towels (Set of 12)
The size does matter when choosing a set of kitchen dish towels. On that note, we have included Harringdons Kitchen Dish Towels (Set of 12) because they are generously sized, and we loved it. With each measuring 28 inches by 20 inches, these towels will give you the best value and quality. Talking about quality, these towels boast a professional quality because the manufacturer understands that all you are looking for is optimum satisfaction. The towels are available in three different color tones per set to let you add color to your kitchen. They will definitely help enhance the visuals of your kitchen. Moreover, each towel comes with a corner hanging loop for easy hanging when it is not in use.
- Towels have several uses e.g. wrapping bread and cleaning spills
- Great for covering bread that is rising
- Easy to hang with the hanging loop
- The quality and value are excellent
- Get better with each washing
- Absorbency could be better
7. DII Kitchen Dish Towels (Set of 5) – Nautical Blue
We believe that such kitchen tasks as drying, cleaning, and even wrapping bread will not be a challenge if you have this set of kitchen dish towels from DII. The set has 1 dishcloth that measures 13-by-13 inches and four dish towels measuring 18-by-28 inches each. They are perfectly sized, and this makes them great for several tasks in the kitchen. Well, it is not just the size that makes these dish towels and dishcloth loved; more than a few customers have also agreed that they love the material DII has used to make each piece of the set. To be precise, DII has made these pieces with 100-percent cotton fabric to give them the much-needed high absorbency. The cotton fabric is also machine wash and lightweight for frustration-free use.
- The set makes great housewarming and hostess gifts
- The color blends with most kitchen finishes
- The quality is undoubtedly above average
- Lightweight and easy to store
- Wash pretty well on cold
- Shrink a little when washed
8. DII 16 x 26” Dish Towels (Set of 4)
DII brands are becoming popular each day. And this is because they are rightly priced and work well. These dish towels, for example, are loved by many; thanks to their readiness to tackle any job. They come in a set of 4, with each dish towel measuring 16 x 26 inches. Well, this is a perfect size for drying, cleaning, and wiping. The material used to make these dish towels is a tightly woven 100-percent cotton fabric that will last longer by holding up well to frequent washing. The 100-percent cotton fabric also improves the absorbency of these dish towels, so they can dry quicker and more effectively. Ideally, taking care of these dish towels is fairly easy; simply wash in cold in gentle cycle & tumble dry low.
- Towels do not shrink when washed
- Hold up well to the rigors of everyday use
- The color is well thought and great for the kitchen
- Versatile; perfect for cleaning and drying
- Fairly absorbent and lightweight
- Quality could be better
9. Gryeer Bamboo and Microfiber Kitchen Towels (4 Pack)
The Gryeer Bamboo and Microfiber Kitchen Towel Set is another kitchen dish towel set we thought could be handy to your kitchen. That’s why we have included it in these highly competitive reviews. The set has up to 4 kitchen towels that measure 20×30 inches each. And this means, should you go for them, you will not need several towels for drying and/or cleaning. Apart from being large, these towels are thick and heavy duty on both sides. Plus they are made of fluffy microfibers that dry out faster without leaving any streak behind. They also have adorable craftwork and well-stitched hems that enable them to stay in perfect shape even after innumerable washing. In a nutshell, these dish towels have everything you want.
- Have good quality and are absorbent
- Towels have a good thickness
- They do not get a mildew smell
- The set has up to 4 towels to rotate between laundry loads
- Super soft and dry dishes well
- Not soft to hands
10. J&M Home Fashions 16×26” Dish Towels (Set of 6)
The last product we have here is the J&M Home Fashions 16×26” Dish Towel Set. It is a convenient set that has up to 6 dish towels measuring 16-by-26 inches each. The towels are multipurpose, and, therefore, can tackle wiping, drying, and cleaning tasks. Additionally, these dish towels are made of long-lasting materials in 100-percent cotton. As such, expect them to serve you for quite some time. The 100-percent cotton fabric can also be washed in the machine; hence, it is very easy to care for. What’s more, it is absorbent and low in lint in order to wipe out every water drop with just one swipe. Since these dish towels come in many different colors, expect them to coordinate with your kitchen regardless of the finish.
- Easy to clean and look attractive all the time
- Thick and absorbent for easy use
- Big enough to deliver results within the shortest time possible
- Remain intact after washing
- The color does not bleed during washing
- Poor stitching at the hems
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Kitchen Dish Towel
Different kitchen dish towels are designed by different manufacturers. This, therefore, means they are made differently. As a result, you are likely to find it a little hard choosing the right one. That’s why we have come in handy with our buyer’s guide. Take a look at the factors it is talking about.
- The Absorbency Level
Since you are primarily buying a kitchen dish towel for wiping off spills, it is important that you go for the one with the highest level of absorbency. This will help you accomplish tasks quickly and effectively. But how will you know that whatever you are going for is highly absorbent? Well, make sure it is made of 100-percent premium cotton.
- The Number of Pieces in a Set
We advise that you go for a set with as many pieces of kitchen dish towels as possible. This will make your work easier by sparing you the hassle of having to wash a dish towel immediately you are done using it. Also, you will not have to wait for a dish towel to dry because there will be several.
- The Size and Thickness
An incredibly small kitchen dish towel is not recommended because it is unlikely to cover a large surface when used for wiping. Similarly, an overly large kitchen dish towel is not good either since it is likely to be a little difficult to handle. With this in mind, try to look for a set of kitchen dish towels with medium sizes. Also, make sure the thickness is not too thin to the extent of compromising the quality, or too thick to the extent of making dish towels take pretty long to dry.
- The Durability of the Dish Towel
You are buying a kitchen dish towel set, so you can save some amount you could have spent on paper towels. Therefore, it is important that you ask yourself about the longevity of the kitchen dish towel you are set to buy. On that note, consider going for kitchen dish towels made of long-lasting materials like cotton. In addition, make sure the hems are well stitched and won’t fray over time.
- Uses of the Kitchen Dish Towel
Most kitchen dish towels are versatile, and you must take advantage of this when making a purchase. That being said, you must make sure that the dish towel you are going for has several uses such as cleaning spills, drying glassware, covering biscuits, wrapping bread, wiping hands, and even cleaning dishes. Such kitchen dish towels improve convenience and make life much easier than ever before.
Kitchen dish towels are an excellent purchase for anyone who wants to save a few bucks at the end of the month. They make a good alternative to paper towels, given that they are affordable yet non-disposable. You can also buy them alongside paper towels to help reduce paper towel use.