Top 10 Best Hot Air Rework Stations in 2021 [Reviews & Buying Guide]
Any professional electrician, an enthusiast hobbyist learning the art of circuit boards repair or a DIYer who uses a soldering iron regularly will find a hot air rework station handy. Also referred to as heat guns, hot air rework stations are essential tools for anyone dealing with electronics manufacture or repairs. Most often, you will make a mistake when building or repairing a circuit board. The solder may also react abnormally when fixing a wire or a capacitor. This is where the best hot air rework stations come in.
These stations enable you to melt the solder quickly, to remove, or re-adjust the components. This gadget will also enable you to remove capacitors or chipsets from old circuit boards. More importantly, these stations double as a soldering station. This means you can repair a circuit built, create a new one, and correct any mistake with this multifunctional rework station. In this guide, we have reviewed the top-selling hot air rework stations in a bid to help you find a dedicated model that suits your needs.
Best Hot Air Rework Stations – [Reviews & Buying Guide]
- 1. X-TRONIC XTR-4040-XTS Digital Hot Air Rework
- 2. Aoyue 968A+ SMD Digital Hot Air Rework Station
- 3. YIHUA 862BD+ SMD ESD Soldering Iron
- 4. Mark Ethan 3-in-1 Soldering Iron Rework Station
- 5. TXINLEI 8586 110V Solder Station
- 6. CO-Z 858D Rework Station
- 7. Quick 861DW 1000W Digital Rework Station
- 8. VIVOHOME 2 in 1 862D+ SMD Soldering Iron
- 9. NEWACALOX 500℃ Hot Air SMD Soldering Iron
- 10. NOEVSBIG Hot Air Rework Station Kit
1. X-TRONIC XTR-4040-XTS Digital Hot Air Rework
A high-end hot air rework station provides you efficiency when controlling the right heat to solder small electric board. Whether you are a beginner or a professional looking for a simple yet functional soldering station, then the X-Tronic 4040 XTS meets your needs. This unit delivers efficient control over the heat allowing for enhanced precision and more importantly no burns accident for the user.
This advanced hot air soldering station features a brushed aluminum front with a beautiful LED tube display. The updated look makes it stand out while still allowing you to customize the settings to suit your needs. The controls also included a Fahrenheit and Centigrade switch that enables you to select your desired heat metrics.
Next, this unit comes with PID technology that maintains the soldering iron at a steady temperature. This ensures consistent temperature, which is handy especially when soldering delicate circuit boards. It also boasts of a self-test function, which prevents overloads, over temperatures as well as short-circuiting.
You can also use the station for prolonged periods. It features an ergonomic grip, a lightweight head, and a long silicone cord. Better still; the unit delivers a decent temperature range of 100°C to 480°C/12°F ~ 896°F. It also has a great cool down that has a temperature stability of ±1.0°C.
- Complete Hot air Rework station with a Hot air gun and soldering iron
- Includes assorted soldering tips
- 60W soldering iron with an ergonomic grip for enhanced comfort
- Also features a self-test function to prevent short circuits, over-temps, and overloads
- It has an intuitive control front with a blue LED tube display
- Comes with an ergonomic and heat resistant grip
- Ideal for heavy-duty applications
- Includes nine assorted soldering tips
- None found
Overall, the X-TRONIC Digital hot air rework station is a functional, easy to use, and efficient soldering station for professionals who deals majorly with electronic. Thanks to its simplistic design, DIYers and hobbyists may also take advantage of this unit when it comes to performing in-home repair jobs. It is also a safer option for beginners!
2. Aoyue 968A+ SMD Digital Hot Air Rework Station
If you solder frequently, then the Aoyue 968A+ SMD hot air rework station will provide you with the added functionality that you’ll need. For starters, this is a four in one repairing station, which features a vacuum pickup, smoke absorber, 70W soldering iron, as well as hot air gun. When compared to other models on the market, this unit boasts of a quick heat-up time and temperature recovery. It is also solidly built to ensure optimal service.
Notably, this soldering station offers you with a constant temperature that enables you to work on your projects efficiently. Different from other mediocre products, this unit also comes with a digital calibration for enhanced precision and an adjustable sleep timer.
Thanks for the advanced features; this unit also offers you the best in class temperature accuracy. It is equipped with the latest temperature control technology with a quick 20milisecond refresh rate. This ensures that the heating element doesn’t overheat. This makes it an ideal choice to deal with the delicate board such as mobile phones.
More importantly, this unit boasts of safety features that ensure your safety and that of your premises. It boasts of an auto shut off function that prevents house fires. Equally, this unit comes with a decent range of tips and accessories. This makes it a perfect pick for most soldering applications.
- It features a digital display and microprocessor unit
- Efficient automatic cool off the blower
- Also features an intelligent error reporting mechanism
- Equipped with digital calibration features
- Compact and lightweight design
- The multipurpose design makes it versatile to use
- It comes with a convenient holder for the air gun, spool, and iron, to keep your workspace organized
- It has a blower function to ensure your work doesn’t get stuffy
- Slightly expensive than other models
Performance meets flexibility. With the Aoyue 968A+ solder station, you get a multifunctional repairing option that delivers unmatched precision and flexibility you need to tackle various projects. We love the auto cool feature that boosts your safety. Moreover, this unit is super lightweight, making it ideal to carry everywhere.
3. YIHUA 862BD+ SMD ESD Soldering Iron
Portable, high performance, unmatched precision, and versatile design, what else could you need from a hot gun? This is a two in one soldering station that enables you to control the temperature in both centigrade and Fahrenheit. Even better, the station also delivers multiple functions, making it one of the most versatile hot air rework stations out there.
The main selling point is probably its advanced temperature control technology. This ensures that consistent temperatures, which are exceptionally useful when dealing with delicate, circuit boards. It also offers protection features that protect you as the user as well as preventing fire accidents.
As expected with any other digital soldering station, this unit also comes with an intuitive control panel with a vivid digital display. Similarly, this unit has an exclusive air function that enables either manual or automatic utilization. Take advantage of the manual function to ensure that the heating element cools automatically when placed on the holder.
In the same breath, this unit is crafted from heavy-duty yet lightweight materials. This makes it super easy to carry to your job site. Equally, we love the PID temperature control that ensures that the element doesn’t overheat. Moreover, digital design allows you to perform all your soldering jobs swiftly.
- Has a dual-core microcomputer processor for enhanced precision
- Has an intuitive 3-LED tube display
- Feature an intelligent PID temperature control system
- Two in one function allows you to use its manual or automatic functions
- The blue LED digital display shows you the correct temperature
- It has a switchable Fahrenheit to centigrade temperature readouts
- Also includes assorted sizes of soldering tips
- It has a sleep function and safety function
- It doesn’t work with the 220V power supply but you can always find an adapter
With so many advanced features, this unit is necessary to have for engineers, repair specialists, as well as hobbyists looking for a handy soldering station to repair home-based appliances. We love the lightweight design that makes it easy to carry. It also has an intuitive control system with LED display tubes for easy customization.
4. Mark Ethan 3-in-1 Soldering Iron Rework Station
Mark Ethan 3 in 1 hot air rework station is a worthy upgrade especially for people who are looking to solder more often. Unlike other models, this unit heats fast, allowing you to get to it with minimal pauses. It has a digital display that indicates the temperature in both Fahrenheit and centigrade. Even better, this unit includes an ergonomic heating element that stays cool to the touch. Overall, this unit feels sturdy and offers you all the features that you need for enhanced accuracy and flexibility.
True, most rework stations include a few iron tips to boost your flexibility when tackling various tackling jobs. However, this unit does not bring a handful of cheap tips but offers you ten high-end iron tips. To ensure optimal precision, this unit is also equipped with a Samsung microcomputer control chip.
The unit is built to handle small to complex soldering projects. It has an ergonomic handle with a great grip that feels comfortable in your hand even for long soldering periods. The unit also comes with handy holders that enable you to organize your heating element, soldering tips, and air blower. This clears your working space for increased productivity.
As mentioned, this unit also comes with a digital display and simple controls that allow you to set the right settings depending on your needs. Also, it boasts of a more compact and portable design, making it a great pick for repair specialists and enthusiast DIYers.
- It features an intelligent Microcomputer control chip
- For increased flexibility, it includes 10 assorted iron tips
- It has a large LED screen display and intuitive control system
- Features PID temperature control for increased consistency
- It heats up fast, eliminating constant delays
- Compact, lightweight design makes it easy to transport and store
- It also supports usage for a hot air gun
- Solid construction makes it ideal to handle heavy applications
- Limited flexibility as it is corded
If you are on the lookout of a dedicated hot air rework station that heats up super fast, then you won’t go wrong with this unit. Better still, it is energy efficient so you don’t have to worry about high energy bills. Moreover, it comes with digital controls and a large digital display that boost your precision.
5. TXINLEI 8586 110V Solder Station
Are you looking for a soldering station that doubles as a hot air rework station? Ultimately, when you do a lot of soldering, you will need a hot air rework station. Instead of purchasing these items separately, get this multipurpose soldering station from TXINLEI. This is a 2 in 1 SMD rework soldering station that enables you to use the soldering iron and hot air gun independently.
It features a premium alloy metal construction and high-end silicon shell. As a soldering station, this unit enables you to solder multiple components including QFP, SOIC, CHIP, BGA, as well as other temperature-sensitive components. On the other hand, the hot air rework station is applicable for hot contraction, de-painting, heating, as well as reheating and rubber soldering.
The stand out feature is the inbuilt sensor that allows you to access the operating mode once you grip the handle. To start, it has fast heat up, which enables it to reaches your desired temperature in no time. More importantly, this unit has a standby mode that cools off the heating element automatically when you release the handle.
By so doing, the unit will save energy and make it safe to use. With it, you don’t have to worry about overheating or worse fire accidents that may occur if you forget to shut it off. More importantly, this unit comes with a powerful heating motor that makes it ideal for heavy-duty applications.
- Solid alloy metal construction makes it ideal for heavy-duty application
- It has optimal power saving and safety mechanism
- Ideal for mounting as well as reworking SMD components
- Includes three hot air guns and a soldering iron
- The microcomputer control ensures precision for every project
- Quick heat up and impressive temperature stabilization
- Wide usage for soldering and de-soldering
- It has a large digital LED display
- Only displays the temperature in ℃
The TXINLEI 856 solder station is a great pick for wide soldering and de-soldering application. It boasts of microcomputer control, which delivers impressive temperature stabilization. This makes it ideal for temperature-sensitive components making it an essential tool for laptop repair, mobile repair, as well as circuit board soldering.
6. CO-Z 858D Rework Station
From cell phone repair, chip removal, SMD repairs to thermal shrinkage, the CO-Z 858D Rework Station should suffice. This 2 in 1 rework station comes with stable temperature and unparalleled efficiency. It has a high-performance microcomputer that allows for enhanced precision. This makes it ideal for most soldering and de-soldering application. Even better, this unit has PID technology that ensures constant temperature, making it usable for heat-sensitive components.
This unit boasts of super quick heat up. It is equipped with a 700W heating element that enables it to heat at a moment notice. As stated, it features PID technology that allows for even temperature control. In only 5 seconds, this unit heats up to 842°F. For increased efficiency the hot air gun blows at a decent rate of 120L/min. more importantly, this unit comes with an inbuilt fuse that ensures unmatched safety during its use.
Boasting of a multipurpose design, this unit works perfectly to meet wide application needs. It solders and de-solders CHIP, SOIC, BGA, and any other heat-sensitive components. This makes it must-have for Smartphone repairs, laptop repairs as well as repairing any other circuit board.
Additionally, this unit has an adjustable temperature from 212 degrees F to 842 degrees F. the temperature is easily adjusted using the intuitive buttons. There is also a digital display that indicates the temperature readout to prevent damaging your board. Moreover, this unit includes eight complimentary tips for increased flexibility.
- Features advanced PID temperature control technology
- It has a soldering iron and de-soldering hot air gun
- Energy-efficient technology that stops the heating when it is idle and increases it once picked up
- Includes three hot air nozzles that accommodate various applications
- Premium construction delivers enough power to handle multiple applications
- Features an intuitive temperature control knob
- It has an LED display that allows for precise adjustment and readouts
- Quick warm-up and enhanced performance thanks to the microcomputer control
- Slightly heavier than other models
Overall, the is a premium hot air gun and soldering station combo that is dedicated to ensuring precise soldering and de-soldering. It is crafted using heat resistant materials and has an ergonomic grip for enhanced comfort. Also important, this unit has an intuitive temperature control knob and three hot air nozzles to accommodate various needs.
7. Quick 861DW 1000W Digital Rework Station
The Quick 861DW Digital rework station is another highly rated unit and for good reason. First, this model boasts of modern design and advanced features. The simple programming, unmatched accuracy, straightforward usage, and powerful airflow are just some of the attributes that make this unit stand out. It has an ingenious LED display that gives out an accurate temperature in both degrees C and degree F.
This unit is also super powerful. With 1000W of power, this unit is one of the most powerful models on the market. It delivers an excellent 120L/min maximum airflow, allowing you to handle most de-painting, de-soldering, and rubber soldering. The unit also boasts of a maximum temperature of up to 930 F.
When it comes to portability, this unit comes with an inbuilt handle that makes it easy to carry. Notably this unit also comes with a sleep mode that activates every time you place the heating air blower tip down. This will not only prevent overheating but also saves you energy bills. More importantly, automatic cooling will also increase its longevity.
Also, this unit comes with rugged construction, making it an excellent pick for heavy-duty applications. You’ll also love the state of the art temperature control that ensures a constant temperature. This enables you to replicate precise results even for the heat-sensitive components. As a bonus, the kit also includes a sponge that lets you clean your working surface any residue.
- 1000W power makes it handle just any application
- Excellent 120L/Min hot air output
- Comes with three programmable channels
- Has an auto cooling system to save energy and prolong its lifespan
- Rugged metal construction
- It has a large, digital LCD display
- Easy to use and efficient to handle light and complex applications
- Easy temperature control for enhanced precision
- A bit expensive
The is designed for individuals looking for a premium hot air rework station that performs exceptionally well when it comes to heat shrinking, thawing as well as paint drying. It is equipped with all the latest features and technology, making it ideal to handle various applications. It is portable too thanks to the included, ergonomic handle.
8. VIVOHOME 2 in 1 862D+ SMD Soldering Iron
With VIVOHOME 862D+ soldering iron, you can now get your soldering, de-soldering tasks done faster and efficiently. When compared to other models, this unit comes with a more compact design, which takes minimal space on your countertop. Surprising, the compact housing pack a punch. This versatile hot air rework station is powered by a high torque motor. This ensures optimal performance, accuracy, and customization.
Speaking of high power motor, this unit is capable of providing continuous heating for a long period. It also has decent maximum temperature settings, enabling it to tackle various applications. Different from other models on the market, this unit also features a magnetron sensor. This feature allows you to choose the appropriate working mode.
Besides, this unit has a cooling function that prolongs the heating element life. Different from the manual stations, this unit has super sensitive sensors that put it in sleep mode immediately you place the heating element down. This will not only prolong the heating element life but also save energy.
Another notable feature that comes with this unit is the Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature display function. The dual-core microcontroller and PID temperature control also ensure a constant temperature. This makes it ideal for heat-sensitive components. Moreover, the unit features an LED digital display that allows for easy customization.
- It has both the Fahrenheit and Celsius display function
- Simple controls make it easy to control
- It comes with overheat protection and adjustable temperature
- For enhanced safety, this unit is CE and FCC certified
- Ideal for soldering and de-soldering
- Rugged aluminum alloy housing makes it rugged but also lightweight
- It comes with an automatic cooling function
- Smart design with all the latest features and technology
- There were some complaints that it can become too hot at times
With 862D + SMD Soldering Iron, you’ll not only get a high-end soldering station but also a high precision hot air gun. We love the compact yet powerful performance, making it an ideal choice for repair specialist and enthusiast hobbyist. Moreover, this unit features advanced features to ensure top-class accuracy and wide application.
9. NEWACALOX 500℃ Hot Air SMD Soldering Iron
Professional soldering jobs is often demanding, thus, you’ll need a solid performing hot air rework. However, if you are looking for a basic soldering iron designed to handle basic applications, it doesn’t make sense shelling all your hard-earned money on some features that you will never use. This is where the NEWACALOX SMD soldering iron comes in. this is a budget-friendly hot air rework and soldering iron combo that delivers accurate results for basic tasks.
While this unit is advertised as a basic unit for beginners, it doesn’t sacrifice when it comes to performance. For starters, this unit comes with all the features that you need to handle wide applications both soldering and de-soldering. It features the latest SMT process that delivers exceptional precision.
Also, this is a safer option! Unlike other models, this unit comes with an upgraded ceramic heating core. It also has a fan that enables it to dissipate heat efficiently. Unlike other models, this unit also has an ergonomic handle that stays cool to the touch despite using it for long hours.
Similarly, this unit has a standby mode that enables it to cool automatically when it is idle. This function is not only useful in saving energy bills but also in prolonging its life. What’s more, this unit has a temperature memory function that saves your settings so that you don’t have to keep resetting the temperature now and then.
- It comes with a stand by function that saves energy
- Comes with ergonomic handles that never overheats
- Also features a temperature memory function
- The exclusive PID technology also ensure that it retains stable temperature
- Fast heat dissipation and consumes less energy
- Comes with a large LED digital display
- It has adjustable air and temperature output
- Comes at a budget-friendly price
- Not ideal for handling complex projects
Despite coming at a budget-friendly price, this unit comes with exclusive features that you will love. For instance, it has a PID temperature control system that ensures a constant temperature. It also has a microcomputer processor that offers precise temperature control as well as fast heat dissipation. Moreover, this unit is energy efficient, easy to use, and affordable.
10. NOEVSBIG Hot Air Rework Station Kit
Budget-conscious users will also love a digital hot air rework station that reaches a staggering 500 degrees Celsius temperature. It is a multifunction rework station that is suitable for soldering, heating shrink, paint drying, plastic welding, adhesive removal, as well as thawing. Contrary to most people’s expectations, this unit heats fast. Despite being a budget option this unit reaches temperatures of 500°C in less than ten seconds.
Say goodbye to mediocre products, this unit boasts of an adopted quick heat thanks to the versatile ceramic heater. This long-life heater enables you to set your desired temperature easily though the heat control dials. Unlike other cheap models, this unit boasts of sturdy construction.
It comes with a solid housing that is made from flame-retardant materials. We also love the inbuilt temperature protector that cuts the power automatically when it detects overheating. This will not only prolong its lifespan but also ensures that you don’t damage the heat-sensitive component.
Speaking of heat-sensitive components, this unit also has PID technology that ensures that it retains constant temperature. More importantly, this unit comes with a low noise brushless fan that dissipates heat efficiently. Besides, an automatic cooling function keeps the user safe at the same time prolonging its life.
- Features a ceramic heater that ensures fast heat up
- The microcomputer control also brings enhanced precision
- Surprisingly it has a 500°C maximum temperature
- Solid construction using heat resistant materials
- It has an inbuilt safety function to prevent overheating
- Has an automatic cooling function
- Comes with an intuitive control panel with Digital LED display
- Also has a temperature memory function
- Some find it a bit bulky
This hot air rework station comes in handy for various applications. It is crucial especially when you are reworking aboard. This includes replacing a capacity, a chipset, or soldering wires. From mobile phone repair to the laptop, you will find these models useful. Besides, this unit also enables you to dry the paint quickly, heat shrinking as well as plastic welding.
The Best Hot Air Rework Stations| Buyer’s guide
With various hot air rework stations on the market, picking the right model can be challenging especially if you don’t know the exact features you need. In this light, we are going to discuss some of the useful features that you should look at in the hot air rework station.
The Heat uptime
Hot-air rework stations come with different heat up time. Traditional models used to take a lot of time, more than thirty seconds to reach a temperature of at least 200 degrees C. this could lead to multiple holdups and a waste of time. Luckily the modern units heat fast. Generally, this depends on the heating element capability. To be on the safe side, ensure that pick a model that reaches maximum temperature in ten seconds or lower.
The number of nozzles
Equally, you need to ensure that you pick a model with several nozzles. The more the nozzles the more flexible your hot air rework station is. These nozzles are designed to handle different applications. So if you are looking forward to tackling complex projects, go for models with the most nozzles. However, if you need something to tackle basic application, rework stations with at least three nozzles should suffice.
Check the Airflow capacity
This function represents the hot air rework station capability to pump out air. If it is incapable of delivering sufficient hot air to the board or chip then you need to heat and move the chip to the board. This is often disappointing and may limit your accuracy. Therefore, ensure that you pick a model that delivers efficient airflow. When picking your best model, ensure that the unit has an air capacity of at least 20L/minutes. For heavy-duty, applications go for models with 70Liters/minute.
The best Hot air rework stations bring you multiple functions when it comes to soldering wires, capacitors, or chips into an electric board. They are versatile unit when it comes to laptop repairs, mobile repairs as well as soldering or de-soldering heat-sensitive components. The above reviewed Hot air rework station brings you all the features that you need to tackle electronic repairs. The features differ from one model to the other, therefore it is important to think of the features you need before making your purchase. Happy shopping!