If you think that home kit tools are only made for professionals, you are wrong. Considering their simplicity, home kit tools can be used by anyone from beginners to weekend warriors to professionals. They are versatile units because they come with several pieces that are designed to do different jobs. With that said, you can use your home tool kit to repair your house, maintain your auto or even fix some plumbing issues. They are very easy to store and move around with since they come in carrying cases. For detailed information about them, check out the following top 10 best home tool kits reviews.
1. Cartman Orange 39-Piece Tool Set
Maintenance, repair, and general purpose projects need the Cartman Orange 39-Piece Tool Set. The set has basic yet essential tools to help you assemble furniture, hang a picture frame, repair a bicycle, fix simple plumbing issues, and install backyard and patio essentials, among others. These tools include a tape measure (10’), claw hammer (8oz), slip joint pliers (6”), bit driver, 2-inch bit connector, scissors (8”), utility snap-off knife, four precision screwdrivers, and twenty 1-inch screwdriver bits. The tools are crafted from extremely strong materials, and they are heat treated, so they can have an extended tool life.
- Makes a great gift for a DIY enthusiast
- The case does not come undone
- Portable to ensure maximum convenience
- The price fits the bill
- Tools do every small job
- Tools could be much stronger
2. CARTMAN 148-Piece Tool Set
If you found the 39-piece tool set amazing, then we bet you will really love this 148-piece tool set. It is no doubt the best go-to set for emergency tasks or DIY projects around the home or in the office. Since the set has up to 148 pieces, expect to come across a wide array of tools when you make a purchase. Besides, the manufacturer has not just thrown tools to make up this set. They have carefully chosen them, making sure that the set only has crucial tools that are needed for daily maintenance and home repairs.
- Tools seem to be well made
- Great for a weekend warrior
- Comes with a small case that can be kept anywhere
- The price is competitive
- The set is very versatile and useful
- The quality of the case could be better
3. Vastar 102 Piece Home Repair Tool Kit
When you buy the Vastar 102 Piece Home Repair Tool Kit, you will get a 9-inch Torpedo level, 6-inch long nose pliers, 6-inch wire pliers, slotted screwdriver (6x100mm), Phillips screwdriver (6x100mm), 18mm snap-off knife, 10 knife blades, adjustable wrench, 5m meters tap, claw hammer (8oz), 11 six-angle wrenches (inch), 11 six-angle wrench (metric), 9 internal 6-angle socket, 36 head screwdrivers (25mm), high carbon steel screw rod, 12 long head screwdrivers (65mm), ratchet wrench (1/4), aluminum alloy flashlight, and Vastar toolbox. The tools are great for repairing autos, plumbing, repairing homes, maintaining locomotives, and many more.
- All tools arrive in great condition
- Great for beginners and DIYers
- The toolbox keeps tools in place
- Comes with extra items (tape measure and box cutter)
- The small LED flashlight is extremely bright
- Tools are not among the strongest
4. DEKOPRO Socket Wrench Auto Repair Tool – 168 Piece
If you want to tackle any project you come across, then all you need is the DEKOPRO Socket Wrench Auto Repair Tool – 168 Piece. It is a complete home tool kit that comes with an assortment of premium quality wrenches, a complete range of ¼” and 3/8” sockets (metric-sized) and precision screwdriver, ratchets, wrench, pliers, tape measure, hammer, and many more. All of these tools are housed in a blow-molded case, so they can be easy to store and even walk around with. The set makes a great addition to a body shop, and it can be used by a repairman, handyman, mechanic or construction worker.
- Tools are solid and do not feel cheap
- The set does the job as expected
- Tools are useful and varied
- Comes with the right number of bits
- The box is not light or flimsy
- The box does not hold the tools well
5. Apex Tool Group Crescent CTK170CMP2 Mechanics Tool Set (170-Piece)
These hand tools from Crescent have been carefully chosen, and that’s why they are here in these reviews. They include ¼”, 3/8”, and ½” drive tools, among others. They are well made, and, therefore, they are handy for most mechanical, industrial, and consumer applications. Moreover, both DIYers and professionals like them because they meet stringent new ANSI and ASME specifications. Plus they come with a full satisfaction guarantee to ensure a peaceful buying experience. Once you are done using these tools, there is a folding plastic case that provides a perfect storage space.
- Makes a good first tool set
- Versatile enough to be used to finish several tasks
- The case is sturdy
- The case is thin enough to fit anywhere
- Seems to hold up well
- The case does not hold all sockets in place
6. Vastar 147 PCS Watch Repair Kit with Carrying Case
Whether you are looking for a home tool kit for professional use or general applications, the Vastar 147 PCS Watch Repair Kit should be the go-to product. It is a set with several tools, and this makes it great for such common tasks as opening watch backs, adjusting watchband, and changing batteries, among other tasks. That said, this watch repair kit is great for watchmakers and collectors. The set comes with a black nylon zipper case that makes its tools very convenient to store. The case also makes these tools easy to carry around.
- Arrives early to get you working immediately
- Comes with all components as advertised
- Makes watches easy to open
- Very handy and saves money
- Comes with instructions and hammer
- Its quality leaves much to be desired
7. Black & Decker BDCD8PK Drill Project Kit, 8V
The fact that this kit comes with an 8-volt max lithium ion cordless drill means it is no doubt one of the best home tool kits you are yet to come across. This kit also has a total of 54 accessories and hand tools, meaning it is complete and ready for any task. Furthermore, it comes with a convenient carrying case, which provides a perfect place to keep the tools once you are done using them. Because of the carrying case, transporting or storing the tools of this set will incredibly be easy.
- The price is reasonable
- Perfect for small jobs
- The bag has lots of extra rooms
- The charger works great
- The drill holds a charge for a long time
- Looks really nice when it arrives
- The drill is not the most powerful
8. AmazonBasics 65-Piece Home Repair Kit
DIY projects will not be bothersome if you have the AmazonBasics 65-Piece Home Repair Kit. The kit has a number of flat, square, hex, Phillips, and star bits. It also has standard slip joint pliers that feature two locking positions, as well as needle nose pliers that have a 1” jaw. In total, this kit has 65 tools, and this means it is more than ready to make even the toughest DIY projects amazingly easy. Its tools are well made and detailed, so you can get the best out of them.
- Great for those who use tools once a while
- The bag has pockets in the inside to keep tools separated
- The bag has plenty of space to store other tools
- The included hammer is well made
- Can be traveled with
- Most tools are not high quality
9. BLACK+DECKER 6 Tool Combo Kit with Case (BDCDMT1206KITC)
BLACK+DECKER has designed this 6-tool combo kit to tackle most jobs around the house. The kit comes with a 20-Volt MAX Motor, which offers enough power to ensure a full range of attachments and applications. This kit also comes with a 20-Volt MAX Lithium Ion Battery that holds a charge up to 18 months. With that said, you will always be ready to take on any projects. The kit contains drill, sander, oscillating tool, router, jig saw, and impact driver attachments. Changing these various attachments will not be a hassle because there is the Matrix Quick Connect system.
- Great for do-it-yourself people
- Comes with nearly all the tools
- Its motor is amazingly powerful
- The main drill feels great in the hand
- Batteries and charging work flawlessly
- Battery life is not as good as advertised
10. DEWALT DWMT73803 Mechanics Tool Kit Set (168 Piece)
DEWALT designs its home tool kits to stand up to the toughest job site conditions. That’s why we have included the DEWALT DWMT73803 Mechanics Tool Kit Set (168 Piece) in these reviews. The kit has up to 168 tools, and this means it can be used by plumbers, remodeling contractors, homebuilders, and electricians, among other professionals. Well, 168 tools can be almost impossible to carry around. For this reason, DEWALT has included a carrying case to store these tools during transportation or storage. The carrying case has slots, where these tools fit perfectly and conveniently.
- The box is well made
- The box holds all the tools snug
- Ideal for DIY people
- Tools are of excellent quality
- The included drill bit set is handy
- Comfortable to carry around
- The set is unusually heavy
The above home tool kits are some of the best in today’s market. We are glad that you have gone through their reviews, and, therefore, know exactly what to do to get one. Although they have their cons just like any other product, they are generally great. That’s why we highly recommend them for you.