While large blenders get the job done, they tend to take up much space on the counter. They are also not the best kitchen appliance for quick tasks not to mention their raised prices (at least if you want a durable brand that works well). Because of all these, having a hand held blender may simply be the best move. Known for their ease of use, hand held blenders are great for such tasks as chopping, grinding, whipping, and even blending juice for one or two people.
They are used with one hand, just as the name suggests, and this means they are light as well as compact enough for maximum convenience. Despite being smaller than standard blenders, most hand held blenders have powerful motors that are strong enough to grind walnuts and frozen fruits. A good number of them also have at least 2-speed settings to let you use them in a Low or High setting, depending on what you are blending. Take a look at our top 10 best hand held blenders reviews to select a suitable one in a snap.
- 1. Cuisinart CSB-75BC 200 Watt 2 Speed Hand Held Blender
- 2. KitchenAid 3-Speed Hand Blender (KHB2351CU)
- 3. KitchenAid 2-Speed Blender (KHB1231WH)
- 4. Cuisinart CSB-79 2 Speed Hand Blender
- 5. Bella Hand Immersion Blender with Whisk Attachment
- 6. Mueller Austria 500 Watt 9-Speed Powerful Hand Blender
- 7. OXA Smart 4-in-1 Immersion Hand Blender Set
- 8. Betty Crocker Hand Held Blender Stick with Beaker
- 9. Braun Black MQ505 Hand Blender
- 10. Hamilton Beach 2 Speed Hand Blender (59765)
1. Cuisinart CSB-75BC 200 Watt 2 Speed Hand Held Blender
The two speeds of this hand held blender include low and high to suit all of your blending needs. There is also a 200-watt motor that enables the blender to take on all blending tasks. Another feature that makes this hand held blender first on our list is the stick design. Well, the innovative design makes it possible to reach the blender into bowls, pots, and pitchers in order to extend your blending options. In addition, the hand held blender features an ergonomically-designed grip that offers a comfortable hold and gives users more control while blending. To operate this God-sent unit, simply press and hold the Lock/Unlock button on the top of the hand blender. After that, hold the High/Low speed options for effortless blending.
- The blending shaft is dishwasher-safe for easy cleanup
- Great for soups and shakes
- Works well and easy to use
- The motor generates plenty of power
- Has a nice balance and a quality feel
- Forces the hand to be in unnatural position during operation
2. KitchenAid 3-Speed Hand Blender (KHB2351CU)
We would be very happy if you go for this blender. This is because it is very easy to use, considering that it comes equipped with a removable 8” blending arm that features a fixed blade and locks into the motor. It also boasts an S-shaped fixed blade that is made of stainless steel and quickly blends soups, milkshakes, and smoothies. Since comfort should be paramount in every blender, the KitchenAid KHB2351CU model comes equipped with a soft grip handle to enable it to offer a non-slip, comfortable grip. With this comfort, you will be able to use it continuously. The blender also comes with a Whisk Attachment for quick whipping of egg whites and creams as well as a 2-1/2-Cup Chopper Attachment for chopping cooked meat, herbs, cheese, nuts, and more.
- The strong motor runs great
- Very well made and does the job
- Does not get hot after blending for long periods
- Great for large quantities of soups and gravy
- The contour silver finish looks beautiful
- A bit heavy due to the solid build
3. KitchenAid 2-Speed Blender (KHB1231WH)
KitchenAid is a reputable company that is after making sure that their customers are satisfied. That’s why they have provided a 1-year hassle-free replacement warranty to protect parts of the KitchenAid KHB1231WH model. The manufacturer also understands that performance matters. Therefore, they have gone ahead to equip the unit with 2-speed settings, which are, of course, High and Low. As such, you will be able to blend at low speed or high speed, depending on the ingredient you are blending. Still on performance; they have included a stainless steel fixed blade that is S-shaped for quick blending of smoothies, shakes, milk, and baby food. And as far as comfort is concerned, KitchenAid has used a soft grip handle, which offers a non-slip and comfortable grip.
- Great for making baby food
- Very easy to pull out for cleaning
- Comfortable to use with one hand
- The two-speed control buttons are handy
- Works quietly and displays a great color
- A little loose when you attach the wand/blade
4. Cuisinart CSB-79 2 Speed Hand Blender
Blending, chopping, grinding, pureeing, and even whipping up cream can be arduous if you do not have the right tool. That’s why we recommend this hand held blender for you. It is a high performing unit that comes with chef’s whisk and chopper/grind attachments to enable it to handle almost any savory or sweet task in the kitchen. It also comes with a push button for pulse or continuous action. Additionally, this blender boasts a 200-watt powerful motor, which is the vertebra of all of its excellent work. Since it is designed to suit all of your blending tasks, this unit is equipped with two speeds. It will look nice in your kitchen; thanks to its brushed stainless steel housing that features embossed Cuisinart logo.
- Makes life much easier
- A dream to clean and a breeze to use
- Chops nuts and cheese quickly
- Reasonably priced and very versatile
- Makes guacamole with much ease
- The safety switch top can be a little difficult to press
5. Bella Hand Immersion Blender with Whisk Attachment
We believe that this hand immersion blender is one of the best when it comes to performance. And this is because of its powerful 250-watt motor that pairs with the whisk attachment to make it a do-it-all kitchen appliance. Because of its versatility, this blender is great for making soups, salsas, batters, meringue, mayonnaise, and chutney, among others. Besides, it is designed with safety in mind, given that it shuts off automatically. Plus it boasts an ergonomic handle with simple one-touch handle for easy operation. To give you confidence using this blender, the manufacturer has protected the parts and labor with a generous 2-year warranty. The blender is safe to use in mixing bowls, plastic cups, and large cooking pots.
- The price is unbeatable
- Blends up guacamole with ease
- Produces good power
- The length of the cord is nice
- Does not take up a lot of space
- Sturdy and well constructed for reliable performance
- Heavier than the average weight
6. Mueller Austria 500 Watt 9-Speed Powerful Hand Blender
We are so impressed with the performance of this hand held blender that we cannot wait to share it with you. Featuring 9-speed settings and a 500-watt motor, this unit promises to do wonders in your kitchen. It will quickly whip up billowy whipped cream, whisk a large batch of eggs, re-blend separated nut/peanut butters or whip up a smooth salsa for tacos. Based on how the motor is built, we believe that it will stand up to continuous use, making sure that you have a reliable unit for your blending needs. Upon buying this blender, you will receive a 2-year warranty card to let you know that the manufacturer stands behind its products. Other items that come alongside the warranty card are a manual and a whisk.
- The motor feels much more powerful in hands
- Very versatile and works well
- Has a good weight and not cheaply made
- Not loud for convenient operation
- Looks sleek in the kitchen
- A bit heavy in the hand
7. OXA Smart 4-in-1 Immersion Hand Blender Set
This blender derives its versatility from the super sharp blades. Well, these innovative blades are always ready to chop all kinds of food whether they are wet or dry. They also chop frozen food and even fruits, nuts, veggie, and leaves. Generally, they chop everything, thereby, making the blender a great addition to the kitchen. Apart from the convenient blades, this blender comes equipped with a 300-watt motor, which is powerful enough to allow for quick and easy blending. Because of the motor efficiency, you will be able to blitz soup within seconds. Ideally, the motor is powerful, but it operates quietly to make sure no one is inconvenienced. Other accessories that make this blender a great performer are the splash guard, which prevents food splatter and the whisk attachment for enhanced performance.
- Works well and very useful
- The motor is very powerful for great results
- Parts disassemble for easy cleaning
- Very efficient and delivers results fast
- Accessories are a bonus
- Loud, but this is because of the powerful motor
8. Betty Crocker Hand Held Blender Stick with Beaker
Betty Crocker wants this hand held blender to stand out. That’s why they have given it a sleek look and a contemporary style. For this reason, it will not just be a blending machine but also it will make a bold statement in your kitchen. The manufacturer has also gone an extra mile to make sure you do not feel fatigued using the blender. And they have achieved that by equipping the unit with an ergonomic design. As such, this hand held blender will feel comfortable in your hands while you are using it. Ideally, we are thrilled with the performance of the blender. It has a unique 2-speed selection featuring pulse control for easy operation. It is also loaded with a 400-watt motor that works with the 18/10 stainless steel blade to enable it to work faster.
- Has lots of power for exceptional performance
- The bottom comes off for easy cleaning
- Comes with a nice sized tumbler
- Stays on securely when put together
- Easy to store and use
- Gets extremely hot when used past the 1-minute mark
9. Braun Black MQ505 Hand Blender
Braun products are preferred by many because they are new and help unleash culinary creativity. Well, the Braun Black MQ505 Hand Blender is no exception. It fits comfortably in the hand for easy use. Plus it is equipped with the PowerBell system that enables it to blend faster and finer. What’s more, Braun has included a slip-proof ergonomic grip to further make this hand held blender very easy to use. They have also included German-engineered motor, which is high-precision and evenly balanced for long-lasting durability. Because of the blender’s precision and efficiency, expect it to puree, whisk, and blend without much hassle. It is made by a global leader, and this means it will make an immediate impact in your kitchen.
- Super easy to use and clean
- Makes a juice smoothie within minutes
- Takes up very little space on the counter
- Fits in the drawer for easy storage
- The motor is powerful enough to blend through frozen fruits and walnut
- Breaks easily if not taken care of well
10. Hamilton Beach 2 Speed Hand Blender (59765)
Hamilton Beach is also another company with a lot of experience and huge reputation. That’s why we have included their product on this list. The blender has everything it takes to be a useful kitchen appliance in your living space. It comes equipped with a 225-watt motor that enables it to deliver outstanding performance. In other words, the motor allows it to blend, puree, chop, mix, and whip. Furthermore, this blender comes with dishwasher-friendly attachments, which further make it very easy to use. It also comes with a chopping bowl, a blending wand, and a whisk. The size of the chopping bowl is two cups, and we believe this is perfect for nearly any blending task.
- The chopper is useful and easy to use
- Strong enough to stand up to everyday use
- Has two velocities to give the correct results
- Cleanup is a breeze and the price is a bargain
- A great gift for amateur cooks
- The chopping accessory needs improvement
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Hand Held Blender
You have gone through our thoroughly-researched reviews and we are certain that you are set to pick one product. But before you do that, we advise that you consider the following factors. They are concise; hence, you will not take long reading them.
- The Motor
If you are buying a hand held blender for simple tasks like blending and pureeing, a unit with low-powered motor will do. That being said, you can consider a blender with 100 – 250 watts of motor. However, if you plan to use your immersion blender for heavy duty tasks such as grinding walnuts or blending frozen fruits, a unit with a high-powered motor of not less than 500 watts is recommended.
- Speed Settings
A blender with several speed options is the best. This is because it will give you the right consistency with your mixtures. Nevertheless, most of them are more expensive than their counterparts with basic speed settings of High and Low only. This means if you are on a budget, you can consider a model with 2-speed settings.
- The Construction
In our opinion, a good blender should have stainless steel blades. This is owed to the fact that stainless steel is durable, and, therefore, is not dented easily. Also, if possible, choose a blender whose most of the exterior parts are made of stainless steel or a sturdy material to lengthen the lifespan.
- Heat Accumulation
One of the greatest problems of a hand held blender is heat accumulation. Some units get very hot pretty fast (in as less than a couple of minutes), and this can cause a number of inconveniences let alone causing severe burns. Therefore, when choosing a blender, consider brands that disperse heat quickly or those that shut off automatically when they start to heat up.
- The Number of Attachments
A simple, inexpensive hand held blender will come with one/two attachments or even none. But if you are ready to go a little deeper into your pocket, you can get an advanced immersion blender that comes with several attachments including chopper, whisks, and blades. Such advanced blenders are better than simple ones in that they bring in versatility as well as making food preparation much easier.
- Ease of Use
The reason why you are choosing a hand held blender at the expense of an ordinary one is the ease of use and convenience. Therefore, make sure the unit you are set to choose has a comfortable handle and is relatively lightweight for easy operation. Also, check whether you can conveniently operate it with one hand as well as whether you can clean it quickly with hand or in the dishwasher.
We hope that you have learned a lot about hand held blenders. We also hope that you were able to smoothly identify what you want for your blending needs. Why do we say all these? Well, we believe that we have exhausted everything you needed to know about hand held blenders.