No matter if you are a carpenter, technician, contractor, electrician, or an individual who is carrying out some DIY tasks, you might need to use a variety of tools that come in different designs, sizes, and functionalities. These items should always surround us and hardly a single hour passes without taking one. Therefore, it is necessary to have a good backpack that is able to keep those accessories organized and easy to access. Given a huge number of brands and manufacturers on the market, it can be a challenging task to choose the right option that would meet your demands. Understand this, we’ve spent a lot of time researching and compiling a list of top 10 best electrician tool backpacks. After reading this article, we believe you will narrow down your choice and go for a good product.
1. Custom LeatherCraft CLC 1134 Tool Backpack
The 1134 tool backpack by Custom LeatherCraft can provide the ultimate solution to repair technicians and installers who need to carry their tools while still keeping their hands free for carrying construction equipment, bulky tools, or climbing the ladder. With an inspiration design, this bag comes with 48 pockets of different configurations and sizes that can store any type of small parts and tools. For this reason, it is used widely by the wind turbine, telecom/networking, stadium lighting, cable/satellite television, and HVAC technicians. To add more comfort while wearing, the manufacturer gives it padded shoulder straps that are large and adjustable for easy carrying.
- Come with 48 pockets of different sizes
- 2 zipper enclosures for storing large tools
- Pockets can be adjusted to accommodate bulky items
- Large and comfortable shoulder straps
- Ideal for keeping small accessories
- The zippers are quite fragile
2. Custom LeatherCraft L25 Gear Backpack
This is another great product by Custom LeatherCraft to make your daily job easier. With 53 pockets in total, including 11 multi-purpose pockets, 14 accessory pockets, and 28 tool pockets, you will be able to organize all of your tools in a good manner. More importantly, the L25 backpack is designed with a LED light that can be directed easily to light up your dark working space. This is particularly helpful when you need to choose the right tool to finish a task at night. Lastly, it has dual compartments that could be approached simultaneously to give you easy and quick access to any accessories you want.
- Built-in LED light that can be directed easily
- 3 levels of light output to adjust the illumination
- 53 pockets to allow for easy organization
- Comfortable and convenient with padded shoulders
- Abrasion and wear resistant
- It does not support itself when lied on the ground
3. Klein Tools Electrician Tool Backpack
Produced by Klein Tools, one of the most trusted names with high-quality products for electricians, this tool backpack is a perfect choice to keep your accessories organized. It is made of ballistic weave that is lightweight and durable to allow for a longer use. With 39 pockets of different sizes, this bag is ideal for any contractors, trade-person, or technicians to store their tools, electronics, and cables. The measurement is 7.25x20x14.5 inches, which is large enough to keep any large tools for your job.
- Large size for spacious storage
- 39 pockets of various sizes
- Made of lightweight and durable ballistic weave
- Hard molded pocket for fragile items
- Interior pockets and taller bag for long screwdrivers
- It is quite heavy
4. Dewalt DGL523 Tool Backpack
In addition to electrical devices, Dewalt also offers high-quality and durable tool backpacks for electricians. To add more comfort while wearing, the manufacturer gives it padded shoulder straps that are large and adjustable for easy carrying. What’s more, this DGL523 model comes with the measurement of 4.45×8.5×7.4 inches and the weight of only 5 pounds. This makes it an ideal option for those people who are always on the move and looking for a lightweight backpack. To help you identify the right parts and tools in the dark working environment, this bag comes with a LED light that can be directed easily.
- Comfortable to carry thanks to padded handles
- Minimize wear and tear
- Integrated LED light to illuminate at night
- 57 pockets for organizing your tools and parts
- Ideal for items of various sizes and shapes
- The straps are not so durable
5. Custom LeatherCraft 1132 Tool Backpack
If you are looking for a heavy-duty backpack to store as many tools as possible, then the 1132 version by Custom LeatherCraft should be on your considering list. With 75 pockets, loops, sleeves, and 6 zippered compartments, you will be able to organize all of your tools just in one place. In addition, it is completely made of ballistic fabric to ensure the durability and sturdiness for frequent use on the move. Lastly, it has dual compartments that could be approached simultaneously to give you easy and quick access to any accessories you want.
- Up to 75 pockets and 6 zippered compartments
- Many interior panels for holding various tools
- Adjustable padded straps and handles for extra comfort
- Made of durable ballistic fabric
- Multi-compartment tray to store small tools
- Can be heavy for wearing when the bag is full
6. Klein Tools 55421-BP Organizer Backpack
Just like it counterpart on the list, the 55421-BP organizer backpack by Klein Tools comes with 39 pockets of various sizes and designs (34 interior and 5 exterior pockets) to store any tools and accessories for your daily job. What’s more, it is made of ballistic weave that is lightweight and durable to allow for a longer use. The interior is designed with an orange color to allow for a better visibility to look for the right tools, while the molded bottom helps protect against those damaging elements.
- Orange interior for a better visibility
- 34 interior and 5 exterior backpacks
- Made of durable ballistic weave
- Wide opening to fit flashlights, meters, drills
- Durable and tough molded bottom for full protection
- Not ideal for storing heavy-duty tools
7. Dewalt DGC530 Tool Backpack with USB Charging
What makes the DGC530 took backpack by Dewalt different from other products on the market is the inclusion of a custom-designed battery dock to help you charge your tablet or phone easily while on the move or working. In addition, it comes with 23 multi-purpose interior pockets and 3 exterior ones to help you organize a variety of accessories and tools. To add more comfort while wearing, the manufacturer gives it padded shoulder straps that are large and adjustable for easy carrying. This makes it an ideal option for those people who are always on the move.
- Custom-designed battery dock
- Can charge 2 devices simultaneously
- 3 internal pockets for storing camera, tablet, phone while charging
- Prevent over-depletion from happening
- 3 exterior and 20 multi-interior pockets
- Too few pockets to store tools and parts
8. Rugged Tools Tradesman 28-Pocket Tool Backpack
Whether you are an electrician, framer, plumber, installer, or carpenter, this gear backpack by Rugged Tools is a great solution to keep your parts and accessories always organized and easy to carry around. Made of 168D polyester material, along with reinforced zippers and pockets, it is able to work well even in the toughest areas. What’s more, it has 28 pockets in total with different sizes to organize all tools, from wrenches, screwdrivers, drill, level, measuring tape, to electronics in an organized manner.
- Made of 1680 polyester material
- Reinforced zippers and pockets to withstand the toughest conditions
- Able to store all types of tool and gear
- Ideal for various purposes and tasks
- Molded bottom for full protection
- Do not stretch or expand a lot
9. Ironland 0304 Tool Backpack
Durability is the main thing that makes many people love the Ironland 0304 tool backpack. Made of 600D polyester fabric, it can be used for years in the most extreme working conditions. In addition, it offers 57 different pockets in various sizes to accommodate measuring tape, drill, screwdrivers and other tools. So whether you are an electrician, framer, plumber, installer, or carpenter, this gear backpack by Ironland is a great solution to keep your parts and accessories always organized and easy to carry around the working space.
- Constructed of 600D polyester fabric
- 40 pockets can be taken out for easy transportation
- Comfortable padded support on the back
- Reinforced molded base
- Keep the tool dry and safe in any weather conditions
- The side pockets are inelastic
10. Dewalt DGCL33 Tool Backpack with Charging Tool
Ending our list with a popular version from Dewalt. Just like its counterpart above, the DGCL33 tool backpack comes with a custom-designed battery dock to help you charge your tablet or phone easily while on the move or working. In addition, it comes with 29 multi-purpose interior pockets and 4 exterior ones to help you organize a variety of accessories and tools. To add more comfort while wearing, the manufacturer gives it padded shoulder straps that are large and adjustable for easy carrying. Therefore, this is an ideal option for those people who are always traveling to work.
- LED light for illuminating dark conditions
- Dual charging with Li-Iron batteries
- Comfortable to carry with padded handles
- Prevention against wear and abrasion
- Easy to open with double-pull zippers
- Can be quite expensive
These are top 10 best electrician tool backpacks out there that come with high-quality materials and much space for storing your tools. By now, you must have a good understanding of some elements to look for in a good backpack. Of course, you should consider other important factors, including your personal preference, before making the final decision on your favorite option.