Dryer balls could not come at a better time! It is the 21st century, and we all know what that means – our health and the environment matter a lot. These products make a great alternative to dryer sheets. First, unlike dryer sheets, they will not expose you to chemicals. They are made of 100-percent wool, and this makes them very safe to use. This means you can use on your baby’s clothes or even consider it if you have sensitive skin.
Second, dryer balls help reduce waste. As opposed to dryer sheets, they are reusable, meaning you will not have to throw them after every use. They hold up well, with some capable of delivering up to a couple of years. Best of all, dryer balls can be used with essential oils for great-smelling laundry. In the following top 10 best dryer balls reviews, we have talked of the best-selling brands to make it easier to get a suitable set.
Table Best Dryer Balls
- 1. Smart Sheep 6-Pack Wool Dryer Balls
- 2. Woolzies 6-Pack Organic Wool Dryer Balls
- 3. Friendsheep 6-Pack Organic Eco Wool Dryer Balls
- 4. KINTOR 6 Pack XL Wool Dryer Balls
- 5. Whitmor Dryer Balls (Set of 4)
- 6. Kikkerland Set of 2 Hedgehog Dryer Balls, White
- 7. Heart Felt Wool Dryer Balls (6 Pack XL)
- 8. Kitchow 8-Pack Organic Dark Wool Dryer Balls
- 9. ZG-Home 10156 Wool Dryer Balls 6-Pack
- 10. Simple Natural Products Wool Dryer Balls (6 XL Pack)
1. Smart Sheep 6-Pack Wool Dryer Balls
These dryer balls scoop the number one spot because they are 100-percent natural, and, therefore, will not harm your drying unit. They are made of premium quality 100-percent New Zealand wool. Well, this makes them versatile enough to be used for softening and fluffing clothing, jackets, blankets, sheets, and more. They keep heavy items like blankets, jeans, sheets, and more from getting balled up as well as helping to dry clothes more evenly.
Since they are all-natural, these dryer balls are great for babies and those with sensitive skin. They are hypoallergenic and have no fillers, chemicals or synthetics. Moreover, these balls help prevent static cling. Before they reach you, the balls are inspected and packaged in the U.S. to make sure you only use quality products. Besides, these balls are incredibly easy to use. Simply place them in the dryer with your laundry. For small or medium loads, use 3 – 4 balls and for large loads, use 5 – 6 balls. Once you have done that, turn the dryer and then watch your clothes dry faster while getting softer than ever before. Note that the more balls you use, the faster the clothes will dry.
- Eliminate the need for fabric softeners
- They keep laundry soft
- To some extent, the balls help reduce dry time
- Dryer balls seem to get rid of wrinkles
- Can be scented with essential oils for a fresh, natural smell
- They bounce around, but they are not annoying loud
2. Woolzies 6-Pack Organic Wool Dryer Balls
These wool dryer balls are 100-percent organic, meaning they should be your go-to product. They eliminate the need to go for toxic fabric dryer sheets that can be harmful to your skin. In addition to being totally safe, the wool dryer balls do a good job at keeping clothes fresh, soft, and fragranced (when used with the manufacturer’s essential oils). Best of all, they keep the clothes chemical free and this will give you peace of mind knowing that your clothes are safe to wear.
They are reusable and last for 1000 loads. Well, such durability is because of the best quality wool used to make the dryer balls. The fact that these dryer balls last for several years means you will be able to save a lot in the long run. This also spares you the hassle of having to buy a new pack of dryer balls every time, thereby, greatly saving your time. What’s more, these balls help keep laundry smooth and fluffy. They are arguably among the best anti-static and wrinkle removers around. This means when you use them in your laundry, you will need less energy for ironing. You will also take a short time to iron.
- Dryer balls dry laundry faster than the expected time
- They prevent laundry from being wrinkled
- Great for someone trying to do away with all chemicals at home
- Laundry comes out soft with less static
- Laundry smells great when dryer balls are used with essential oils
- Easy to use and last long enough
- The dryer balls are greatly sized
- The ability to reduce static cling reduces over time, but that’s expected
3. Friendsheep 6-Pack Organic Eco Wool Dryer Balls
We like how the Friendsheep Dryer Balls work. That’s why we have included them on this list. They do not rely on any chemicals, and that’s what makes them among the best. They naturally fluff and soften your laundry by gently tumbling in the dryer. They are made of 100-percent pure New Zealand wool. Therefore, do not expect any fillers, fragrance or chemicals. They are hypoallergenic, and this makes them perfect for babies as well as those with sensitive skins.
In addition, these dryer balls are eco-friendly and reusable for more than 1000 loads. Every time they are used, the dryer balls leave laundry naturally soft, less wrinkled and less static. Since they do not contain any chemicals, like PVC or tennis balls, these products will not harm your laundry. Moreover, they help reduce drying time by 20-percent to 40-percent. The balls are versatile and work with colored, dark, and white loads. In other words, they work with all kinds of loads. They are handmade in Nepal by women in underprivileged communities. No child labor, forced labor or unfair wages.
- They help shorten dry time
- Clothes come out soft
- They reduce wrinkles, thereby, making ironing easier
- They work well with essential oils
- Dryer balls eliminate the need to buy dryer sheets
- They work well with essential oils
- Give users peace of mind knowing that they are using an eco-friendly way to get laundry done well
- They do not reduce static as greatly as expected
4. KINTOR 6 Pack XL Wool Dryer Balls
The KINTOR Dryer Balls are made for those looking for a green, efficient, safe, and time-saving laundry-drying solution. They make a great gift for a new baby, new mom, wife, teacher, bride, friend, and many more. They are hypoallergenic, and this gives you peace of mind knowing that these dryer balls will not produce chemicals or substances that are likely to react with your skin or cause devastating effects on baby’s skin. Because they are safe to use, these wool dryer balls make a great alternative to plastic dryer balls, liquid fabric softeners, and dryer sheets.
The dryer balls are extra-large, meaning they are well sized to be more efficient in serving their purpose. They are reusable and last long enough to be used for more than 1000 loads. For great results, put 3 – 4 dryer balls for small or medium load and 6 dryer balls for large loads. You can also consider adding a few drops of essential oils (lemon, lavender, etc) to get a wonderfully-smelling laundry. The dryer balls may vary in size, color, and texture because they are handmade. Given that they are totally safe, these dryer balls will no doubt become your favorite.
- They arrive on time
- Dryer balls seem to be of great quality
- Clothes come out soft
- Dryer balls are odor free and reusable
- The size of the dryer balls is great
- The perfect alternative to dryer sheets
- They help save money and time
- They do not prevent static in all fabric
5. Whitmor Dryer Balls (Set of 4)
Whitmor has been around for almost a century. They provide their customers with quality carts, shelves, shoe storage, hangers, garment storage, and more. Basically, their products are to help customers organize their living spaces as well as to have a convenient lifestyle. With all that said, these dryer balls from Whitmor will not be a disappointment. Instead, you will really like how they work. They tumble in the dryer to lift and separate laundry in order to allow hot air to flow more efficiently. Best of all, these dryer balls are made of non-toxic materials, meaning they are safe 100-percent safe to use.
Given the experience Whitmor has, these dryer balls come with a service guarantee to make sure you are happy with them. The manufacturer stands behind them 100-percent. Whitmor’s customer service is available in both English and Spanish. As if that’s not enough, the customer service department works from Monday to Friday at exactly 8 a.m. through to 4:30 p.m. CST. These dryer balls feature soft spikes massage fabrics that naturally fluff up and soften laundry. If you are looking for a great way to save money and time, then these dryer balls should no doubt be a frontier for you.
- Dryer balls speed up drying time
- Do a good job of fluffing up clothes
- Clothes come out soft
- Hold up well to frequent use
- Ideal for someone allergic to fabric softeners
- Dryer balls are environmentally friendly
- Could be heavier
6. Kikkerland Set of 2 Hedgehog Dryer Balls, White
Kikkerland is a company with an interesting history. It was established in 2009, and since then, all it has done is to provide its customers with wonderful products. One of these products is a set of 2 hedgehog white dryer balls. The design of the balls is well thought out because it is different from the normal shapes of most balls. Each ball measures 2.5 x 2.5 x 3.5 inches, which, in our opinion, is a perfect size.
Furthermore, these dryer balls are reusable, and this means you will be able to save money and time. Plus the fact that they come in a set of two means you will have a perfect number for your laundry. The dryer balls tumble in the dryer in order to lift and separate laundry, so hot air can flow more efficiently. The dryer balls soften clothes naturally and minimize static. They also fluff up clothes to make sure you are 100-percent satisfied with the results.
- Dryer balls look cute
- They have no odor
- Dryer balls appear to work well in the dryer
- Clothes come out without static cling
- Eliminate the need for chemical fabric softeners
- They help clothes dry faster
- Dryer balls do not make too much noise when tumbling
- They are not very durable
7. Heart Felt Wool Dryer Balls (6 Pack XL)
Your health really matters. That’s why we encourage you to try out these wool dryer balls. They are eco-friendly dryer balls that tumble around your wet clothing. They work as natural fabric softeners, thereby, giving you peace of mind knowing that you are using a quality product. In addition, these dryer balls reduce dry time by 30-percent to 40-percent. By so doing, they help you save money by cutting short the drying time. The dryer balls also reduce static, wrinkles, as well as preventing clothes from sticking together. They are durable and can through 1500 washes, thereby, helping you save more money.
Heart Felt provides a money-back guarantee for every purchase of these dryer balls to give you peace of mind during purchase. They also provide fair labor wages as well as making sure that these dryer balls are made of eco-friendly wool. Therefore, use them with confidence knowing that they are totally safe for your health and to the environment.
- Dryer balls cut down on drying time
- They are made of a natural material
- Dryer balls make a great gift
- Work well with essential oils
- They come in a nice bag
- Dryer balls hold up well
- They tend to be noisy when tumbling in the dryer
8. Kitchow 8-Pack Organic Dark Wool Dryer Balls
The price of these dryer balls is very competitive, and that’s why we have included it here. Best of all, the low price does not make these dryer balls less effective than the brands we have reviewed so far. If anything, the dryer balls are 100-percent natural, and, therefore, will not pose any danger to your health. They are unscented, and this further makes them perfect for those who do not like scented products. They do not have perfumes or dyes that will stifle your pure, natural scent.
These dryer balls are also eco-friendly and reusable. In our opinion, they are better than dryer sheets, which are thrown after each use. The fact that they are reusable means they will help you save a lot of money in the long run. Also, they help reduce waste because you will not be throwing them after every use. They help get rid of static from your colored and dark clothing. With them, you will not need chemical fabric softeners. They are hypoallergenic, and this makes them safe not just on clothes but also on the skin.
- Dryer balls really speed up drying time
- Can be used with essential oils for scented laundry
- They help save electricity
- Dryer balls come in a nice little bag for easy storage
- Work great as non-toxic fresheners
- Their quality is great
- Smaller than standard dryer balls, but work well
9. ZG-Home 10156 Wool Dryer Balls 6-Pack
One-time-use products, such as dryer sheets and liquid fabric softeners tend to be very expensive in the long run. That’s why we believe that the ZG-Home Wool Dryer Balls should be your go-to product. They come in a pack of 6 to make sure you have more than enough for your laundry. Plus they are reusable for more than 1,000 loads. This means once you have bought them, that’s it – you will not need to spend money on new fabric fresheners for a long time. Best of all, these dryer balls are very affordable.
Apart from 6-pack, the dryer balls are available in other sizes, including 4-pack and 8-pack. The prices of the pack obviously vary. If you feel that it is time to change to something that is eco-friendly and much safer, then these dryer balls are worth adding to the cart. They are safe for you and your family.
- Dryer balls help reduce drying time
- Hold up incredibly well
- They have great sizes
- The price is within an affordable range
- Great for those with allergy
- Come in a nice cloth bag for easy storage
- Safer and healthier than dryer sheets
- Could work better at removing static
10. Simple Natural Products Wool Dryer Balls (6 XL Pack)
These wool dryer balls are made of 100-percent natural wool, and, therefore, they are hypoallergenic. This means you can use them on clothes for babies and allergic persons. Additionally, the dryer balls are reusable, and this makes them cost-effective. You will be able to use them again and again, and this helps save time as well because you will not visit Amazon every now and then for a new product. The dryer balls are also eco-friendly, making them the ultimate product for those who want to conserve the environment.
Although they are purely made of wool, these dryer balls are as durable as tennis balls or PVC plastic dryer balls. What’s more, they do not release harmful plastic chemicals when they are exposed to heat. They separate clothes, thereby, allowing hot air to circulate more efficiently and effectively through the fabrics. And this helps decrease the drying time. With that said, expect to part with less money when it comes to paying the electricity bill. Because of being 100-percent harmless, these dryer balls are great for use when drying baby clothes, spandex, nylon, baby diapers, and microfiber.
- Dryer balls dry clothes quicker
- Clothes come out soft and fluffy
- Dryer balls are made of 100-percent wool
- They do not release chemical smells when heated
- Incredibly easy to use
- They do not make a lot of noise when tumbling in the drier
- They do not seem to take away static on polyester clothes
Dryer balls offer a safe and healthy way to decrease the drying time of your clothes. They do not contain any chemicals and are reusable. This means they will help you save a lot of money in the long run. Whether you have small, medium or large loads, the above dryer balls are for you.