No one likes to see those sad pet eyes every time you are set to go for an outdoor adventure and have some good time. That’s why if you are a pet owner, you should seriously consider investing in a dog carrier backpack. These backpacks are designed to make you and your pet comfortable and less inconvenienced while you are on the go. They are perfect for hiking, travel, vet visits, and even a trip to a friend’s house. They are well ventilated to make sure the interior does not heat up during hot days. Without further ado, here are the top 10 best dog carrier backpacks reviews.
Table Best Dog Carrier Backpacks
- 1. PAWABOO Pet Carrier Backpack for Traveling Hiking Camping
- 2. NICREW Legs Out Front Dog Carrier
- 3. K9 Sport Sack Dog Carrier Backpack
- 4. COODIA Legs Out Front Pet Dog Carrier
- 5. PetAmi Deluxe Pet Carrier Backpack
- 6. Whizzotech Adjustable Pet Carrier Backpack
- 7. Mogoko Dog Cat Carrier Backpack
- 8. Lollimeow Pet Carrier Backpack
- 9. Ytonet Dog Backpack Carrier
- 10. Kurgo Dog Carrier Backpack for Small Pets
1. PAWABOO Pet Carrier Backpack for Traveling Hiking Camping
The price of this dog carrier backpack is unbeatable. That’s why it is no surprise it has won the first slot. Best of all, the low price point is not at the expense of the general quality of this carrier backpack. It has a hands-free cat or dog carrier that allows you and your adorable pet to have several adventures together. It is recommended for dogs weighing less than 15 pounds, making it a perfect purchase for those with small breeds. The material used to make it is polyester fibre and a breathable mesh. Having said that, expect this pet carrier to be amazingly comfortable and at the same time super durable. The pet carrier also features two mesh side panels that ensure maximum air circulation. Plus it has legs-out & tail-out design to keep your pet comfortable and safe when you carry it.
- Great for emergency situations
- Available in different sizes
- Fits a variety of dog breeds perfectly
- Perfect for pet owners who like going out with their pets
- Customer service is outstanding
- Not the most durable, but works well for what it is designed for
2. NICREW Legs Out Front Dog Carrier
This is another cheap dog carrier backpack that’s doing just fine. It has buckles at the waist and chest to provide you with extra support. It also has super thick padding so you can carry it for an extended period without being bothered by any form of fatigue. And like the first product on this list, the NICREW Front Dog Carrier features a tail hole and legs-out design to help keep your dog comfortable throughout the outdoor adventure. The adjustable straps measure 1.5 inches wide; hence, they will not cut into your back or shoulders. As if that’s not enough, these straps have comfortable padding that provides extra comfort. There are zipper and Velcro on both sides of this dog carrier. And their role is to make the carrier backpack for dogs adjustable and convenient to carry.
- Dogs fit perfectly in the backpack
- Very easy to wear
- The side zippers and Velcro tabs make it easy to put the dog in and out
- The carrier is worth the price
- To some extent, it provides an extra workout
- Not very suitable for dogs weighing 20 pounds
3. K9 Sport Sack Dog Carrier Backpack
This dog carrier backpack is veterinarian-approved, and that’s why we are glad to have it here. It is designed for dogs weighing 30 pounds or less and this helps make it perfect for pet owners with small to medium dog breeds. Some of the dog breeds that perfectly fit in this carrier are Schipperke, Pug, Jack Russell Terrier, Havanese, Apso, and Lhasa. The carrier can be used as a dog travel bag for when you are going shopping, hiking, dancing, skiing, biking, motorcycling, etc. With it, you will never see those upsetting big, sad puppy dog eyes every time you are about to go for an adventure. It provides a convenient way to tag your best furry friend along for any exciting outdoor moments you are set to feature.
- Sturdy and holds pets securely
- Makes carrying pets along very easy
- The chest strap is an important feature
- Very comfortable on the back
- The carrier backpack gets a lot of compliments
- It would be better if the carrier had more shoulder padding
4. COODIA Legs Out Front Pet Dog Carrier
If you like to walk with your pet, this pet dog carrier is for both of you. It is ideal for shopping, travel, cycling, and, of course, walking outdoors with your adorable pet. It has a front pack design that makes it much easier than expected to take care of your dog. The best part is the front pack design will not restrict you from how you should carry this backpack. That being said, the dog carrier backpack can be carried on the back as a backpack. What’s more, this dog carrier backpack features a head-out design so it can hold the whole pet and allow her to enjoy a soothing strolling while your hands are kept free. The built-in safe lock will protect your pet from flopping. Plus there is a zipper on both sides to make the carrier backpack much easier to wear.
- Affordable and looks really cute
- Comfortable for both the pet owner and pet
- The zippered pouch in the front is a bonus
- Straps are adjustable and comfortable
- The quality of the fabric is amazing
- Could tighten enough to fit snugly
5. PetAmi Deluxe Pet Carrier Backpack
Convenience and comfort are super important every time you are on the go. The need for the two is even much greater if you happen to be a pet owner. Well, that’s why we are pleased to introduce to you this deluxe pet carrier backpack. It comes in handy when you want to hike or travel with man’s best friend. You can also use it when going to the vet or simply taking a walk in the park. It measures around 12.5 inches long by 10.2 inches wide by 16.3 inches high. Needless to say, the dog carrier backpack is perfect for small dogs, cats, and other small to medium-sized pets. The carrier backpack has a well-ventilated design to allow for optimal airflow. It also features 2-way entry, so you can easily get access to your pet.
- Great for those who like fully enclosed dog carrier backpacks
- The extra pockets are super useful
- Has a board that sits at the bottom to provide support to pets
- Provides pets with plenty of room to sit
- The harness clip and safety clips give peace of mind
- Digs into the lower back – but a bit
6. Whizzotech Adjustable Pet Carrier Backpack
Having a dog carrier backpack like the Whizzotech Adjustable Pet Carrier Backpack is very important. This is because this carrier backpack boasts a front pack design that will let you take care of your beloved pet while walking, cycling, travel or hiking. The pet carrier also features an open top as well as legs out & tail out design. Well, this thoughtful design will give your pet the comfort he needs while both of you are on the go. The design ensures everyone is not inconvenienced by providing optimum comfort and at the same time setting your hands free. Other features of this carrier backpack are Velcro elastic top closure, easy-access side zips, and fully adjustable straps. These features are aimed at improving the performance of this backpack.
- The quality is top-notch
- Tends to arrive faster than expected
- Looks better in person than the picture
- Unfolds to make putting the pet in a breeze
- Seems well built and pets of different sizes fit perfectly
- The tail hole is perfectly placed
- Could be roomier in the pet’s genital area
7. Mogoko Dog Cat Carrier Backpack
Before we highlight the features of this carrier backpack, it is important to note that for it to fit your pet perfectly, the pet should have a back length that is approximately 13”, allow +/-1.0”. Ideally, the recommended weight is from 0.0 – 7.0 pounds. It is important that you measure the length and weight of your pet together for accurate reference. What’s more, when purchasing this dog carrier backpack, you should consider picking a larger or the one that fits a bit loose. Away from the measurements and sizing; this pet carrier backpack is equipped with adjustable padded straps to reduce the burden. Moreover, it has mesh side and front pockets that help store the leash, whistle, treats, snacks, and other essentials. The carrier backpack is made of polyester fibre and a breathable mesh for superior comfort and durability.
- Comfortable and seems well built
- The pet carrier has many pockets, which are all handy
- The waist strap keeps the carrier secure on the back
- Fits pets of different sizes well
- The bottom has a hard plate so pets can stand
- Not airline approved
8. Lollimeow Pet Carrier Backpack
The dimensions of the Lollimeow Pet Carrier Backpack are 11.4 inches long by 10.6 inches wide by 16.1 inches high. And the recommended weight capacity ranges from 0 – 13 pounds for small to medium cats and 0 – 10 pounds for dogs and puppies. What’s more, this pet carrier backpack is airline approved. Needless to say, if you like traveling abroad and prefer to do it with your pet, this carrier backpack is for you. The 9 large ventilation holes on both sides and front allow fresh air, thereby, helping to keep your pet cool and comfortable. Besides, this pet carrier backpack is waterproof to give you peace of mind knowing that even when you are caught up in the rain, your pet will be safe. The carrier backpack is made of premium pet safe materials so it can serve you and your pet as expected.
- The pocket on the side is perfect for snacks
- Aesthetically pleasing and serves its purpose
- Not heavy to carry
- Does not collapse on the pet when worn
- Spacious enough to allow the pet to turn
- On extremely hot days, the carrier’s interior tends to get a little hot and stuffy
9. Ytonet Dog Backpack Carrier
This dog backpack is made of eco-friendly premium polyester, and it is soft-sided. The polyester is durable enough to stand up to scratches. Besides, this backpack carrier has a roomy space to allow your pet to turn comfortably while both of you are on the go. The roomy space also means the backpack will work well for cats as well as both small and medium-sized dogs. Some of the dog breeds the bag perfectly accommodates are Beagle, Chihuahua, Pomeranian, Papillon, Corgi, Maltese, Schnauzer, Poodle, and more. The backpack can bear up to 18 pounds. Its dimensions are 16.5 by 11.5 by 10 inches. Moreover, this backpack features two entrances that allow your pet to stick her head out and enjoy the trip. The two entrances also make it possible to feed your dog or play with her without putting the pet carrier down.
- Great for pets that like to go on adventures
- The straps are wide enough to not dig into the skin
- Construction seems fairly good
- Provides more support and comfort
- Gives the pet more privacy and security
- The top opening is a bit too large
10. Kurgo Dog Carrier Backpack for Small Pets
Although this carrier backpack is expensive, it is worth it. First, it comes with the manufacturer’s hassle-free lifetime warranty to protect against defects. And second, it is a TSA airline approved carrier. What’s more, this backpack can be carried in many different ways. You can carry it as a backpack or lay it on its side and use it as a carrier. The backpack is well ventilated and padded plus it is lightweight to make sure you and your dog are totally comfortable. The best part is the lightweight construction does not make it flimsy in any way. The backpack is tough and, therefore, will hold up well to regular use. It is for pets up to 25 pounds, and its dimensions are 13 inches wide by 21 inches high by 10 inches deep.
- Pets like to be in the backpack
- Very well made and comfortable to wear
- Pets with the recommended size fit perfectly
- Straps are thick enough to distribute weight evenly
- Roomy enough to allow pets to turn and sit comfortably
- The removable pad inside the pet compartment has thick cardboard instead of plastic-like material. While the thick cardboard works well, it may be difficult to clean if it gets wet.
Most pet owners would like to take their pets with them to outdoor adventures such as travel, hiking, biking, and more. However, this has always proved daunting because of the inconvenience involved. But, now, the market has dog carrier backpacks that help solve this problem. We have reviewed some of these backpacks to make sure you have an easy time choosing one for your furry friend.