DisplayPort cables are ideal for gaming, streaming, and extending a workstation. They transmit high-quality video and audio from a computer to a monitor. Besides, DisplayPort cables work with several devices including laptops, tablets, computers, and DP-enabled TVs. They are available in a variety of lengths so you can easily settle for what’s suitable for your needs. Given how they work, DisplayPort cables make a perfect alternative to HDMI cables. That being said, it is time to pick one from the top 10 best DisplayPort cables reviews. So, read the reviews keenly and then decide what you want to take home.
- 1. Cable Matters DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable
- 2. Rankie DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable, Black
- 3. ivanky High Speed DisplayPort Cable
- 4. uni USB C to DisplayPort Cable
- 5. AmazonBasics DisplayPort to DisplayPort HD Display Cable
- 6. Capshi Nylon Braided DisplayPort Cable
- 7. Moread DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable
- 8. Club3D CAC-2068 DisplayPort to DisplayPort 1.4Hbr3 Cable
- 9. StarTech.com DisplayPort Cable with Latches (DISPLPORT10L)
- 10. Accell DP to DP 1.2 DisplayPort 1.2 Cable
1. Cable Matters DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable
If your laptop or desktop is equipped with DisplayPort, then be keen to get yourself this DisplayPort cable. It is an indispensable tool that will help you expand your workstation or display presentations on your projector at work or school. The cable is well designed and has bare copper conductors that help improve conductivity. It also has a braided shielding for superior durability. Other features that prove that this cable is well constructed are flexible JVC jacket, foil shielding, and wire insulation. Besides, this cable has a non-slip surface to help you grip it easily and use it without much fuss. It has a lot of uses and supports video resolutions up to 4K and 1080P.
- Works great with Viewsonic monitors
- Improves video output from the monitor and HDMI
- Comes in various lengths to choose from
- The length is as advertised
- There is an installation guide in the package
- For some reason, the cable only works properly in one direction
2. Rankie DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable, Black
Rankie provides a lifetime warranty, and that’s what thrills us most about this product. The warranty will give you peace of mind during purchase knowing that the manufacturer stands by the cable. Ideally, this cable is suitable for mirrored displays and extended desktop. It will provide you with uninterrupted performance, and that’s because of how it is designed. That being said, the cable boasts a dual-shield structure of top-notch copper cords that are covered in braided foils to ensure peerless performance. The cable also has an outer PVC jacket that prevents fraying, thereby, extending its lifespan. Plus it has gold-plated connectors that resist corrosion and ensure stable transmission. The gold-plated connectors are also capable of standing up to repeated plug and unplug. This cable supports ultra-HD videos with resolutions up to 4K. Moreover, it can be used to transmit uncompressed and Hi-Fi stereo sound.
- Build quality is sturdy and nice
- Connects and disconnects easily
- Does not cause flickering like some cables
- Price quality is wonderful
- Works great with 4K monitor
- The description should notify sellers that the cable only supports 4K up to 30Hz
3. ivanky High Speed DisplayPort Cable
iVanky knows that the last thing you want when streaming or gaming is to be inconvenienced. That’s why it’s providing you with this high-performance DP cable. With 2K@165Hz refresh rate, the cable will give you super comfortable gaming experience with zero flickers. Furthermore, it supports DP, DP++, and DisplayPort++. The molding in one technology eliminates cracking. Moreover, there are gold-plated connectors, 28AWG tinned copper, and multiple shielding. All these help improve the performance of this cable as well as ensuring reliable interference-free data transmission. This DisplayPort to DisplayPort supports 1080P full HD, 3D, and 4K Ultra HD (3840*2160@60Hz). It is plug & play; hence, you will be able to use it immediately you receive it from the manufacturer. Additionally, this cable comes with an unconditional lifetime warranty to prove to you that the manufacturer believes in its quality.
- Plugs into the things it is supposed to
- The length is as described
- The company is very supportive
- The texture is flexible
- The ends are gold plated
- The cable is easy to pull out; therefore, you have to be careful when lowering, raising or moving your monitor.
4. uni USB C to DisplayPort Cable
We are glad that this DP cable is available in two sizes; 3ft (0.9m) and 6ft (1.8m). The size 3ft is important if you want to avoid clutter or if you travel a lot and normally use a cable on the go. The size 6ft. is perfect for those looking for more flexibility. Besides, this cable is plug-and-play, meaning you will not need any adapters or software/driver to get it to work. It is a perfect USB Type-C to DP cable that you should definitely have for your USB-C MacBook Pro 15” or 13” (2016/2017/2018), Galaxy Book, Surface Book 2, Pixelbook, iMac (2017), HP Envy 13, Dell XPS 13/15, etc. The cable supports up to 4K@60Hz resolution, and it is compatible with DP-enabled TVs, projectors, and monitors. Another reason why you should buy it is that the manufacturer fully stands behind it.
- All the two ends are made of aluminum
- Looks quality and feels good
- Simple and very easy to use
- It is worth the price
- Long enough to let you move your computer anywhere
- May come with a few issues, but the manufacturer is a good one
5. AmazonBasics DisplayPort to DisplayPort HD Display Cable
This DP to DP cable is designed to make your life convenient. With it, you will be able to easily connect a DP-equipped laptop or desktop to a projector or HD monitor with DP input. It has a very useful cable that transmits HD video and audio from a computer to a monitor. With that being said, this display cable is great for extending a workstation, gaming or streaming. It is long-lasting and even comes with a 1-year limited warranty to give you confidence in using it knowing that the manufacturer fully stands behind it. What’s more, this cable measures 6ft (1.83m); hence, it is long enough to allow you to move your laptop around without interfering with anything. It is also VESA certified and supports video resolutions up to 4Kx2K.
- The price is hard to beat
- Well made and supports high resolution
- Works great for what it is designed for
- Arrives quickly and well packaged
- The signal strength is surprisingly good for the quality
- The cable is thicker than usual and very bulky, but this may be due to more insulation
6. Capshi Nylon Braided DisplayPort Cable
The best quality display port cables are not necessarily expensive. Well, one of these is the Capshi Nylon Braided DisplayPort Cable that is cheaply priced yet very functional. It comes in various lengths, including 3ft, 6.6ft, 10ft, and 15ft. Besides, it supports video resolution up to 4Kx2K as well as transmitting high-definition video and audio from computer to display. Needless to say, this cable is perfect for streaming, extending a workstation or gaming. It is compliant to version 1.4 specifications and works with DP, DisplayPort++, and DP++. It offers unparalleled transmission stability, and this is because of the molding in one technology that prevents cracking. Moreover, this cable comes with an unconditional lifetime warranty that protects against defects in workmanship and materials. It is available in 3 different colors, so you can easily find what goes with your personal style.
- Customer service is helpful and prompt
- Appears to be very well made
- Works great with dual 1080p monitor setup
- Incredibly easy to set up
- Does 144 Hz 1080p gaming
- Tends to heat up during use
7. Moread DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable
We recommend the Moread DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable to you because it offers an easy and cost-effective way to connect a computer, laptop, desktop or other devices with DP to DP display such as TV, projector, and monitor. It is a well-made cable that comes with a 12-month warranty to prove to you that the manufacturer trusts its quality. It supports 1920*1080 @ 144 Hz, 3840*2160 @ 60Hz, and 2560*1440 @ 144 Hz. Furthermore, this DisplayPort cable is plug-and-play, and this means it is extremely easy to install. Another reason why this cable is here is that it is highly reliable. And this is because of features such as foil & braid shielding, gold-plated connectors, and bare copper conductors. The cable also has latches that offer a secure connection and have a release button, which you will have to depress before unplugging.
- Seems to be well shielded yet flexible
- Connectors are very tight; hence, fit perfectly
- Not too thick; thus, easy to manage
- Available in various lengths to suit different setups
- The picture quality it gives is outstanding
- The lifespan of the cable could be longer
8. Club3D CAC-2068 DisplayPort to DisplayPort 1.4Hbr3 Cable
Not all DP cables come with latches. Ideally, a good number of those that come with latches are pretty hard to disconnect. That being said, we are happy to note that the Club3D CAC-2068 DP to DP 1.4Hbr3 Cable comes with a latch button, which helps ensure a secure connection. Besides, the latch button does not make the cable difficult to disconnect. Another feature that has convinced us to include this cable on this coveted list is the soft UltraFlex jacket that protects it from deformation damage and bends. Furthermore, this cable boasts 3-layer shielding that helps reduce EMI radiation. It is high quality and VESA certified to give you peace of mind knowing that it will not disappoint when it comes to delivering exceptional performance.
- Arrives nicely packaged and in good condition
- Available in various lengths to choose from
- Works great with many gaming monitors
- VESA certified for DisplayPort 1.4 standard and speed
- Incredibly heavy-duty and feels hefty
- The manufacturer has used plastic shiny wrapping instead of braided fiber. But this is not a big deal
9. StarTech.com DisplayPort Cable with Latches (DISPLPORT10L)
HDMI and dual-link DVI are good, but the StarTech.com DisplayPort Cable with Latches is better. This is because it offers a secure connection between DP-enabled devices plus it is capable of significantly improving performance. Additionally, this DisplayPort cable supports high resolutions of up to 4Kx2K with 21.6Gbps as the maximum HBR2 bandwidth. The cable also supports audio to ensure 100-percent satisfaction. It is VESA certified to support DP 1.2 specifications. Well, if you are looking for a high-quality and reliable connection, this model is for you. It is backed by the manufacturer’s lifetime warranty for hassle-free user experience. Moreover, this cable is available in innumerable sizes, including 1ft, 3ft, 6ft, 10ft, 15ft, and 30ft. It is necessary to note that the price ranges according to size.
- It helps get rid of lag problems
- Pleasantly thick and of high quality
- Works great with no flicker or blurriness
- Certified and verified for 144 Hz
- It is delivered quickly
- It helps save the clutter
- The plastic ends and clips do not feel solid
10. Accell DP to DP 1.2 DisplayPort 1.2 Cable
ACCELL believes that the best technology requires the best design, reliability, and ease of use. It was founded in 2002, and since then, it has provided buyers with top-notch products such as this DisplayPort 1.2 Cable. The cable has everything you need, and this means you will be satisfied with its performance. It has locking DisplayPort connectors that offer a secure and dependable connection. Ideally, the connectors are very easy to unlock, as all you need to do is to press the built-in one-touch latch button. This cable also features UltraFlex jacket that offers protection against bends and deformation. It is a reliable cable, which supports all HDTV resolutions, including 4K@60Hz and 1080p. Another feature you must know about this cable is the triple metal shielding that rejects RF and EM interference.
- Thick and feels high quality
- The connector fits in snug
- Latches work as expected
- Transmits at the required data rates
- Available in several sizes to choose from
- Wakes up the monitor most of the time
- Durability is suspect
DisplayPort cables are ideal for gamers or those who want to extend their workstation. They also work great for streaming content. Nonetheless, they are countless in the market, and this insanely lowers the chance to land what will best work for you. But worry not, because we have done our research and compiled the best of the best. Although they may have a few problems, DisplayPort cables listed here are easy to use and serve their purpose.