A circular saw is an electric saw that is handheld and uses a flat, circular blade to cut a variety of materials including metal, tiles, plastics, and wood, among others. It is an efficient tool that should not miss from any handyman’s bag. Ideally, most circular saws are ultra-compact for easy storage. Plus they are very lightweight, so you can maneuver them easily. A good number of circular saws also have powerful motors that make them versatile as well as allowing them to cut materials very fast. In this platform, we have written the top 10 best circular saws reviews to let you know exactly what to choose for your cutting projects.
- 1. WORX WX429L WORXSAW 4-1/2” Circular Saw
- 2. DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-ion Circular Saw
- 3. SKIL 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw (5280-01)
- 4. Makita 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw (5007F)
- 5. Black & Decker 13 Amp Circular Saw with Laser (BDECS300C)
- 6. SKILSAW 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw (SPT77WML-01)
- 7. BLACK+DECKER 20-volt Max Circular Saw (BDCCS20B)
- 8. Rockwell Versacut 4.0 Amp Circular Saw (RK3440K)
- 9. Genesis 5.8 Amp 120 Volt 4-1/2 in. Circular Saw (GCS545C)
- 10. DEWALT 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Electric Brake
1. WORX WX429L WORXSAW 4-1/2” Circular Saw
If you want to experience a full-size performance, the WORX WX429L Circular Saw is for you. It comes with 24T Carbide-tipped Blade, Allen Key, Parallel Guide, and Vacuum Adapter. It also comes with a 3-year warranty to protect it against original defects and poor workmanship. The grip of this circular saw has an integrated safety trigger, which ensures control, comfort, and balance. In addition, this unit features a depth gauge lever that works with the 0 – 45-degree bevel settings to allow for quick adjustments. The circular saw is very light, and, therefore, can easily be carried as well as comfortably maneuvered. Its lightweight should, however, not fool you, as it is powerful enough to cut through nominal 2” lumber. Its blade is thin to avoid a lot of strain while you are using the saw.
- Fits small feminine hands well
- The placement of the safety is well thought out
- Works right out of the box
- Great for DIY projects
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Holds up well to the frequent use
- Blades tend to stop cutting during heavy use
2. DEWALT DCS391B 20-Volt MAX Li-ion Circular Saw
The power of this circular saw is almost unrivaled. That’s why we feel very happy to review it on this page. It is equipped with a high functioning 460 MWO, 5,150 RPM motor, which delivers speed and power to make even the most demanding cutting projects much easier than expected. Well, it is not just the powerful motor that makes this machine one of the best; the lightweight and high-strength magnesium shoe ensures long-term cut accuracy by offering jobsite durability. Also, there is a 0 – 50-degree bevel capacity, which allows for aggressive bevel cuts for innumerable applications. The grip of this saw is very comfortable, and, therefore, it offers optimal control and balance. Besides, this unit comes with a 6-1/2” blade, which is carbide tipped and designed for cutting 2X material at both 45 degrees and 90 degrees in one charge.
- The motor is powerful and smooth as silk
- Makes a great addition to DEWALT’s 20-Volt Max line of tools
- Goes a long way on a single battery
- Light for easy lifting during use
- Perfect for hobbyists and professionals
- A little smaller than anticipated
3. SKIL 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw (5280-01)
SKIL has designed this great circular saw for an experienced home user looking for more cutting power. The saw has a 15-amp motor, which has the performance and power you need to quickly and easily cut lumber and sheet goods. It also has a single-beam laser, which guides cuts with great accuracy, so you can get the results you are looking for. Its integrated dust blower ensures that the line of cut is not filled with sawdust, thereby, allowing you to work smoothly and easily. Most circular saws are heavy but that is not the case with this model. It is 15-percent lighter than the SKIL 5680, and this means you will be able to use it for quite a long time without fatigue. The circular saw comes with a carrying bag for easy storage and portability.
- Blades are easy to change
- The blade guard retracts smoothly
- The sawdust blower is a nice feature
- The price is right
- Powerful and relatively lightweight
- The laser has an alignment issue, but this does not seem to really affect the saw
4. Makita 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw (5007F)
What makes this circular saw from Makita be regarded as one of the best in its class is the high performing 15-amp motor. The motor achieves 5,800 rpm to enhance performance as well as jobsite durability. The circular saw also boasts a lower guard design, which takes performance a notch higher when making bevel and narrow cuts. It has a large cutting capacity that includes 1-3/4in. at 45 degrees and 2-3/8in. at 90 degrees. Plus it comes with 2 integrated L.E.D. aluminum wrap-around base to help improve its durability. Makita has also done enough as far as improving the accuracy of this circular saw is concerned. That said, the manufacturer has included two lights that light up the line of cut in order to increase accuracy. Moreover, there are large, easy-to-read markings on depth and bevel scales that help make this machine easy to use.
- Great for a DIY-er who works occasionally
- The base is very square and strong
- The motor is powerful enough to tackle any project
- The motor starts and runs smoothly
- The light is a stunning addition
- Very heavy
5. Black & Decker 13 Amp Circular Saw with Laser (BDECS300C)
You can never go wrong with a Black & Decker machine. That’s why we are very proud to let you know that the Black & Decker BDECS300C model is now within easy reach. It boasts a 13-amp motor that seems to complete a wide range of cuts. This means you will be able to use this circular saw to finish many tasks. It also features a laser guide to help make accurate cuts again and again. In addition, its bevel is easy to use, making sure that you focus more on making cuts than trying to figure out how to use the unit. Black & Decker has made this saw with a lightweight construction to reduce user fatigue. With that said, expect to complete all the jobs you take part in.
- The laser guide is super useful
- The price is less expensive
- Can cut through a door with ease
- Has good safety features
- Holds up well for 100-percent satisfaction
- Makes a great Christmas gift for a DIY enthusiast
- The included blade could be better
6. SKILSAW 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw (SPT77WML-01)
This is one of the lightest circular saws you are yet to come across. Its lightweight design is as a result of the lightweight magnesium construction used to make it. Because of its lightweight craftsmanship, this circular saw will not cause user fatigue. This, therefore, means that you will have less downtime when you use it for your projects. It delivers 15 Amp of power; thus, it will allow you to rip through lumber quickly and easily. What’s more, the circular saw has an anti-snag lower guard, which offers smooth operation for small cut-off pieces. It also features a 53-degree bevel that will allow you to complete a wide range of cuts. Plus it has the cut-ready depth of cut system that helps with accurate and quick depth measurements. This is the unit to consider if you value convenience.
- Ideal for general carpentry or formwork installation
- The redesigned blade guard works better
- Ultra lightweight for ease of use
- Seems to be made with maximum durability in mind
- Looks good and works as advertised
- The price is on the higher side
7. BLACK+DECKER 20-volt Max Circular Saw (BDCCS20B)
BLACK+DECKER has another circular saw, and we are certain that it works as great as other BLACK+DECKER products. The circular saw combines the high torque motor with 5-1/2” fast-cutting blade to help you make a variety of cuts with much ease. Besides, it boasts a compact design that makes it extremely easy to store when it is not in use. It is well built, and, therefore, perfect for those tough, everyday jobs. Additionally, it comes equipped with a bevel adjustment that has detents at 90 degrees and 45 degrees. It is also equipped with a tool-free Depth of Cut that works with the easy-to-use bevel adjustment to make angled cuts accurate. The saw works with the entire BLACK+DECKER 20-volt Max system. Therefore, expect little to no inconvenience.
- Works well and very handy
- Great when the plug-in power is inconvenient
- Perfect for light-duty jobs
- Operates quietly to avoid unnecessary distractions
- Versatile to help you make many different cuts
- Delivers great power to finish jobs on time
- Not the best for heavy jobs
8. Rockwell Versacut 4.0 Amp Circular Saw (RK3440K)
We feel that very few circular saws match the performance of the Rockwell RK3440K model. That’s why we have all the reasons to include it here. The saw features an ultra-compact design that makes it super easy to store once you are done using it. It also boasts unmatched versatility; hence, it can cut many different materials. Well, some of these materials include flooring, plastics, sheet metal, wood, tile, and more. The circular saw is ergonomically designed with slim grip handle. For this reason, it delivers the comfort needed as well as enhancing grip and control. It is so user-friendly that you can guide it with just one hand. Additionally, this unit has a built-in laser guide that will help you align the perfect cut. It also comes equipped with a dust extraction adapter, which improves visibility by keeping the cut line free of dust.
- Very well made for reliable performance
- The finish and fit are incredibly good
- Completely natural for right-handed persons
- The laser guide is a great addition
- Easy to control for exceptional results
- No battery-saver feature on the battery-powered laser
9. Genesis 5.8 Amp 120 Volt 4-1/2 in. Circular Saw (GCS545C)
The size of this saw should not be used to determine its performance. This is because it is specifically made for big performance. The small size simply allows for easy storage when you are done using the circular saw. Another incredible feature that Genesis has added to this saw is the lightweight control grip, which makes it extremely easy to control and use the saw. They have also made sure that the motor of this circular saw is very powerful by equipping it with a rating of 5.8 Amp, which enables it to achieve 3500 revolutions per minute. Besides, this motor uses Triple-Gear Reduction for optimum torque. The saw also comes with a Tungsten-Carbide-Tipped blade that quickly cuts through materials with ease. Ideally, this unit will not let the cutting area be filled with debris; thanks to the built-in dust port and vacuum adaptor.
- The vacuum hose is okay
- Easy to set up and use
- Lighter; hence, easy to maneuver
- Comes with a decent 24-tooth blade
- The customer service is excellent
- The position of the button needed to activate the cutting trigger is quite awkward
10. DEWALT 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw with Electric Brake
At only 8.8 pounds, this model with electric brake is no doubt one of the lightest circular saws you have ever met. It is also well balanced, so you can get the best out of it. It is easy to use, and this is because of its electric brake. Well, the feature stops the blade after the trigger is released. Additionally, this circular saw has a ball bearing lower guard, which ensures smooth retraction by offering a durable design. The ball bearing lower guard works with the high grade stamped aluminum shoe to provide you with a smooth and durable base for precise cutting. The advanced lower guard geometry is for bevel cuts, while the dust blower will let you work in a debris-free area. The circular saw has a 15-amp motor, which enables it to cut fast and with ultimate precision.
- Very lightweight for easy maneuverability
- The speed brake works great
- The blade changing tool is easy to access
- Dust blower is at the front
- Works smoothly and not very loud
- Has a few quality control issues, but gets the job done
Choosing the best circular saw can be a little difficult because of the many brands. But with these reviews, this should not be the case. Here, we have gathered and discussed the best circular saws from the best manufacturers. We, therefore, believe that any, which you will settle for will definitely be a good buy.