Chukka boots are simple yet stylish footwear with a leather or suede upper, which extends to the ankle. They have leather/rubber soles as well as open lacing with 2 – 5 eyelets. Although the origin of the word “Chukka” is somewhat unclear, it is obvious that the style of these boots is British inspired. Considering how simple they are, chukka boots look great with almost any outfit, whether it is jeans, shorts or khaki. They are also perfect for nearly all occasions, including weddings, dance, work, travel, and outdoor tours. They are easy to wear and take off not to mention being fairly comfortable. Here, we discuss the top 10 best chukka boots reviews to expand your knowledge about these incredible pieces of footwear.
Table Best Chukka Boots
- 1. Clarks Men’s Bushacre 2 Chukka Boot
- 2. Kenneth Cole REACTION Desert Sun Chukka Boot
- 3. Steve Madden Men’s Hestonn
- 4. Dr. Martens Men’s Chukka Boot – Cabrillo
- 5. Skechers USA Men’s Restment Korver Chukka Boot
- 6. Bruno Marc Men’s Leather Lined Oxfords Dress Ankle Boots
- 7. Timberland Men’s EK Brook Park Chukka Boot
- 8. Arider Cooper-03 Men’s High-Top Lace Up Chukka Ankle Booties
- 9. Dr. Martens Men’s Bonny Chukka Boot
- 10. BRUNO MARC NEW YORK Men’s Chukka Boots
1. Clarks Men’s Bushacre 2 Chukka Boot
The world should be explored because it is a beautiful place. And the footwear you need for maximum exploration of planet earth is this chukka boot. It has a classic Clarks style that makes it go well with jeans for an effortless, everyday look. This chukka boot also boasts 100-percent leather craftsmanship for superior durability. Its heel measures 1 inch, and its shaft measures around 4.5 inches from the arch. The platform, on the other hand, is approximately 0.25 of an inch. The boot is available in several color options, so you can effortlessly get what best suits you. It also comes in many different sizes to help you find the perfect fit with much ease. Another thing; the price of this chukka boot ranges widely to make sure there is something for everyone.
- Arrives in good condition
- It is pretty sharp looking
- Great for formal events as well as everyday occasions
- Goes with just about anything
- No leather smell, and it has great quality
- Needs a good break-in period
2. Kenneth Cole REACTION Desert Sun Chukka Boot
Every guy should have this chukka boots in his closet. And this is why. The boot has a long-lasting, flex rubber sole, which is carefully crafted for anyone on the go. The rubber sole adds comfort, so you can wear the boot for long hours. The sole is also durable enough to withstand tricky terrains and pavements. For extra support, the boot has a stitch-out construction. Plus there is a lace-up closure and hidden eyelets that help provide a secure fit. The shaft of this chukka boot measures around 3.25 inches from arch. Like the first chukka boot on this list, this one is available in innumerable color options to choose from. Its price widely ranges as well, so you can easily get the perfect fit. Besides, the boot comes equipped with a cushioned textile lining, footbed, and insole for all-day comfort.
- Looks stylish and modern
- Comfortable enough to stand and walk in all day long
- Stretches to fit feet perfectly
- Comes with two sets of laces in different colors
- The quality appears to be very good
- The boot may arrive narrow, but it stretches with each wear to fit feet nicely
3. Steve Madden Men’s Hestonn
Steve Madden makes top-class footwear at competitive prices. That’s why those who have bought their footwear always want to buy another set again. The quality of their chukka boot is no exception. It displays rich, smooth leather that dresses up or down. Ideally, it is made of 100-percent leather because the manufacturer understands that it is an everyday piece of footwear. Its shaft measures around 3.75 inches from arch, and its sole is synthetic for superior durability. This footwear is not available in uncountable color options like the first two on this list, but the color choices are still great. They include Tan, Dark Brown, and Grey. Steve Madden, the company, was founded in 1990 in Brooklyn. This means it has enough experience to know exactly what you are looking for in a chukka boot.
- Looks nice and fashionable
- Fits well and is true to size
- Gives decent arch support
- Comfortable to walk in during the day
- Goes with khakis, jeans, pants, and other clothing
- Holds up well to regular use
- Not the most durable
4. Dr. Martens Men’s Chukka Boot – Cabrillo
The design of the Dr. Martens Men’s Chukka Boot – Cabrillo is inspired by good-looking desert boots, which are known for unmatched comfort and awesome coolness in unbelievably hot climate. That being said, this chukka boot is a sleek yet simple two-eye desert boot. It is very easy to care for; simply use a damp cloth to clean away dirt. Once you are done, allow the boot to dry. Although it is iconic and one of the most comfortable boot on the market, the Dr. Martens Chukka Boot – Cabrillo still has a rugged finish to overcome the tough outdoor conditions. It is abrasion- and slip-resistant for superior durability. The 100-percent leather construction also contributes to its durability. Its yellow heel loop and yellow stitching blend nicely with the leather to create a unique and all-purpose chukka boot.
- Uppers are simple and pretty nicely made
- The price point is okay
- Breaks in quickly and easily
- Great for touring and traveling
- Easy to put on and take off
- The sole could be thicker and more rugged
5. Skechers USA Men’s Restment Korver Chukka Boot
Skechers has done more than enough to be taken seriously. Many are happy with their work, and that’s why we are proud to review this particular boot. It is made of 100-percent leather; hence, expect its durability to be up there with the durability of some of the best pieces of footwear across the globe. The boot also has a synthetic sole that is more than ready to conquer any terrain. Despite being durably made, this chukka boot is comfortable. And this is because of the memory foam. Its shaft measures around 7” from arch, and its opening is approximately 10.5 inches around. You will never get it wrong with Skechers footwear. So, go ahead and have this chukka boot. It comes in numerous sizes to let you find the perfect fit.
- Slips on nice, and it’s light and comfortable
- Great for those with wide feet
- Holds up well to changing terrain and long hours of walking
- Can be worn during snow and rain to protect ankles
- Looks great and priced competitively
- Only available in one color
6. Bruno Marc Men’s Leather Lined Oxfords Dress Ankle Boots
Men love elegance, and that’s exactly what these ankle Chukka boots bring to the table. They are stylish, comfortable, and flexible ankle boots that should not miss from your closet. Because of their stylish design, the boots can go with any outfit. The stylish craftsmanship also makes the perfect for almost any occasion. Their flexibility, on the other hand, makes them comfortable enough to be worn for long hours. As if that’s not enough, these boots are designed with a durable rubber sole that is ready to take on any terrain. Their heel measures around 1 inch, and their platform is around 0.5 of an inch. They come in a host of elegant color options, including Gale/Brown, Black, Dark Brown PU, Black PU, Black-1, Gale/Dark/Brown, and more.
- Sleek, casual and classy
- The price is unbeatable
- Look great and seem to hold up well
- They have an aggressive tread to prevent you from slipping
- Seem to go with almost any outfit
- Smells when new, but this often goes away with each wear
7. Timberland Men’s EK Brook Park Chukka Boot
What really makes this chukka boot one of the world’s best pairs is the anti-fatigue comfort technology. With this technology, you will get all-day comfort and support. Another reason why this footwear is considered the best is versatility. Yes, the boot is versatile enough to be dressed up or down. Plus this boat is well made, so it can provide you with solid performance time after time. It has a top quality full-grain leather upper as well as a 100-percent cotton lace and TPR welt to offer you the much-needed extra convenience and style. The boot also boasts a 100-percent recycled PET herringbone lining, which wicks away moisture to keep your foot cool even when the weather becomes hotter. Its green rubber outsole will enhance your steps with dependable traction for optimum support.
- Very comfortable for long hours of wear
- Goes great with slacks, jeans, and Levi Chinos
- The leather is really nice in color and quality
- Relatively lightweight yet not flimsy
- Has plenty of room for winter socks
- It may be a little uncomfortable to wear when new
8. Arider Cooper-03 Men’s High-Top Lace Up Chukka Ankle Booties
Men like low-profile colors. That’s why we recommend these ankle booties for you. They are available in such beautiful colors as khaki, brown, black, and camel. They have a soft footbed that makes them super comfortable. They also boast a matte finish material that improves their appearance. Besides, their flat heel has a durable rubber sole for superior durability. Still on durability; the boots are made with a synthetic sole that will adapt even to the trickiest terrains. They have a platform, which measures around 0.5 of an inch and a heelheight that measures around 1 inch. The numerous size options mean you will not have a problem finding a perfect fit. These chukka boots are made by a company with vast experience in manufacturing footwear. For this reason, expect them to get the job done.
- Soft inside and comfortable to wear
- Very light; hence, easy to walk in
- Good quality for the price
- Shoes look nice and do not feel cheap
- Can be dressed up and down
- Shoes run a half size bigger
9. Dr. Martens Men’s Bonny Chukka Boot
Very few boots match the quality of the Dr. Martens Men’s Bonny Chukka Boot. Well, the boot has everything spot-on. It has the Iconic AirWair Sole that is resistant to both fat and oil. The unique sole also offers good abrasion and slip resistance. What’s more, this boot boasts Goodyear Welted construction. This means the upper and sole are sewn together in the manufacturer’s heat-sealed z-welt stitch to ensure unrivaled durability. This chukka boot also has the famous yellow stitch, which not only fastens the welt to the upper but also adds an attractive distinction. The shaft of this boot measures around 4 inches from arch. Also, there is a 5-eye lacing system to allow for easy lacing up of the boot. The two color options (black and olive) are elegant and go with several outfits.
- The break-in period is minimal
- The upper is made of a tough nylon material
- Fits well out of the box
- Looks great with shorts, jeans etc
- It feels great and looks flawless
- Not so many color options to choose from
10. BRUNO MARC NEW YORK Men’s Chukka Boots
Before we step out of our homes, we want to get it right as far as our outfits and footwear are concerned. Well, that’s where BRUNO MARC NEW YORK Men’s Chukka Boots come into play. They display a bold style and rugged fashion, which make them great for almost any occasions. Furthermore, they are made with suede uppers that help improve their performance. The chukka boots also have three eyelets lace-up with elastic panel design to make sure you have an easy time wearing them and taking them off. Their bold style can be matched by very few boots in the same class. And this is because of the contrast stitching detailing that adds style. The heel of these boots measures around 1 inch and their platform is around 0.5”.
- Look great when worn
- The fit is perfect
- Available in numerous colors to choose from
- They seem to be of great quality
- Comfortable for long hours of wear
- The boots do have a chemical smell
If you want to look classy and receive a lot of compliments every time you step out of the house, look no other footwear but chukka boots. They are stylish, classic, and elegant enough to perfectly go with most, if not all, of your outfits. They are also comfortable for long hours of wear.