6 Best Sea Scooters 2021 [Reviews & Buying Guide]
If you have always been curious about what’s happening under the sea, a sea scooter is for you. This machine is designed with a powerful motor that moves it at a relatively high speed to help you explore the ocean like never before. It is powered by a rechargeable battery, and it is lightweight so you can have a convenient time using it. An underwater scooter also has positive buoyancy that keeps it afloat – making sure it never gets lost. It is suitable for scuba diving, snorkeling, and pool adventures, among others. In the following 6 best sea scooters reviews, we take you through some of the reputable brands we have done comprehensive research on.
Best Sea Scooters – [Reviews & Buying Guide]
1. sublue WhiteShark Mix Underwater Scooter
Sublue Underwater Scooter has a user-friendly design, which is simple and extremely easy to use. This means you will not take long to learn how to use it. It also features a universal interface, which is compatible with nearly all sports cameras.
With that said, simply mount your sports camera and then record everything under the water in a direct view. The underwater scooter is suitable for kids because it gives them something different. It keeps them busy at the pool plus it encourages social-distancing. The total weight of this special scooter is 3.5 kilos.
It is, therefore, safe to say that the scooter is light enough to carry with ease. Furthermore, this scooter is designed with a floater so it can achieve zero buoyancy. It floats nicely, and this further makes it easy to use. The scooter also comes equipped with a rechargeable 11000mAh battery.
On a full charge, the battery lasts up to 30 minutes, assuming it is used normally. Ideally, the working depth of this scooter is rated to 40 meters, with a maximum speed of 3.35 miles-per-hour. It is worth noting that the battery compartment is not watertight. But this should not be a concern as the battery is waterproof and will not be damaged.
- Streamlined and symmetrical design allows the scooter to move with ease
- Portable small size means you can carry the scooter during travel
- Propellers have a safe protective net to ensure fingers are not accidentally injured
- Double thrusters release 8kgf thrust to let you explore the world underwater
- Built well and should last longer with proper care
- The scooter is fast
- Great for vacation getaways
- Shipping is fast and the scooter looks better in person
- The battery takes a bit too long to charge; therefore, it is best if you get the second
2. YAMAHA Seascooter with Camera Mount
YAMAHA RDS250 is an excellent underwater scooter that delivers a beautiful balance of speed and runtime. It is rated to a depth of 30 meters (100 feet) and can cruise at speeds up to 4 kilometers-per-hour (2 miles-per-hour). Moreover, this seascooter boasts a runtime of 2 hours.
It is no doubt an excellent vehicle for back to back dive days. The scooter also features waterproof construction that helps extend its lifespan. Plus it weighs 8.2 kilos (18 pounds). Well, this might be heavier than some brands, but also it is an indication that the scooter is well made.
Furthermore, the scooter is not too heavy to carry around during travel. The dimensions of the scooter, on the other hand, are 612 by 385 by 312 millimeters (24 by 15.2 by 12.3 inches). It is a well-sized scooter that is very portable yet does not feel too small.
The scooter is available in many different colors, including Blue/Gray, Red/Black, Black/Red, and Black/Gray. The scooter also comes with a battery, which should be maintained occasionally to perform optimally all the time. Ideally, with this scooter, you will be able to use a camera of your choice.
- Built-in mount allows you to take videos of your experience
- Sealed Lead Acid battery is included
- Removable buoyancy helps keep the scooter afloat
- Heavy-duty rubber hull is resistant to impact
- Rugged and easy to use
- Does not drain battery power
- Great gift idea for those that love to snorkel
- Moves at a decent pace
- Changing the battery is quite tedious
3. WINDEK SUBLUE Mix Underwater Scooter – WhiteShark
WINDEK Underwater Scooter is one of the first scooters to be equipped with a dual-motor function. Needless to say, it is arguably one of the most powerful scooters you have ever seen. The well-thought-out design boasts an excellent combination of stability and propulsion.
It makes the scooter great for a private time with your family in the pool. What’s more, this scooter is so easy to use children can have a wonderful time with it. It helps them pull off amazing swimming skills and enjoy every moment in the pool to the fullest.
The scooter propels at speeds of up to 1.5 meters-per-second (3.36 miles-per-hour), which is a record of the women’s 100-meter breaststroke world champion. Additionally, this scooter boasts waterproofing technology and industry-leading sealing so it can perform better in the water. The sealing and technology enable it to achieve a 131-foot (40-meter) deepest range.
Despite being loaded with high power, this scooter is small in size and weighs 3.5 kilos. It is very easy to carry from place to place for endless fun in the pool. FAA-compliant batteries are safe and high quality plus they are easy to substitute with spare batteries.
- Universal interface works with nearly all action cameras
- 11000mAh battery lasts up to 30 minutes on a full charge
- Double thrusters can release 8kgf thrust
- Propellers have a safe protective net that prevents fingers from unprecedented injuries
- Makes a wonderful birthday gift
- It is worth the money
- Suitable for the ocean and pool
- Ideal for the whole family
- Battery cover is made of flimsy plastic
4. CellBee Underwater Sea Scooter with Camera Underwater Drone
CellBee Sea Underwater Scooter works with an app that makes it convenient and safe to use. The app allows you to set the parent mode and remotely control the speed, lighting, depth, and other parameters. Because of the app, your kids can enjoy the scooter without any worries concerning their safety.
The scooter weighs 2.7 kilos only and measures 19 by 10 by 6 inches. It is compact and lightweight; hence, you can easily carry it from one place to another. Furthermore, this sea scooter comes with a 365-day warranty, which proves that it is of good quality and the manufacturer believes in it.
The scooter can dive to a maximum depth of 98 feet (30 meters) and reach high speeds of 1.2 meters-per-second. Well, this is basically 2.7 miles-per-hour (4.3 kilometers-per-hour). It is pretty fast and the whole family will have a great time with it.
The scientific symmetrical and streamlined design further improves the performance of this scooter. It enables it to navigate easily under the water and reach the desired aforementioned speeds. Besides, this scooter works with the majority of sports cameras to allow you to capture those unforgettable moments.
- Classic yellow/black colors make the scooter unique from other models
- 360-watt high-power motor enables the scooter to move at a decent pace
- Handy button allows you to adjust the speed of the scooter
- Built-in 4400mAh battery lasts up to 45 minutes in the low-speed mode
- Package is delivered on time
- Ideal for both adults and children
- Arrives in perfect condition
- No assembly is needed
- Battery life could be longer
5. G GENEINNO Underwater Scooter Dual Propellers
G GENEINNO Underwater Scooter is made of plastic. However, this should not be a concern at all because the plastic used is good quality and sturdy enough to stand the test of time. Moreover, plastic will not rust like metal, and, therefore, it makes this scooter perfect for saltwater.
The scooter also boasts amazing power that allows it to work beautifully every time. It has dual thrusters, which offer up to 26 pounds of power. By so doing, these dual thrusters enable the scooter to reach a maximum speed of 4 miles-per-hour. So, whether you are swimming or diving with this scooter, expect the experience to be unforgettable.
It is suitable for shallow dives, aquariums, scuba diving, water parks, ocean diving, and more. It has a 2-speed level so it can meet all your needs without any hassle. Plus this scooter is equipped with a powerful motor that lets you dive up to a depth of 164 feet.
The weight of the scooter is 7.7 pounds. It is not the lightest underwater scooter on the market, but also it is not overly heavy. What’s more, this scooter comes in a stunning color, which is orange. The color makes it visually appealing, unique, and a total standout.
- Safety lock prevents improper usage and accidents
- Compact shape enables the scooter to fit easily in tight spaces
- Positive buoyancy prevents the scooter from sinking
- Compatible with Go Pro/LED light mount
- Works well for adults
- The battery charges faster than imagined
- The design makes maneuvering under the water a breeze
- The higher speed is helpful when in a strong ocean surf
- The bag leaves a lot to be desired
6. AQUAROBOTMAN Seascooter with 3 Camera Mounts
AQUAROBOTMAN Underwater Scooter has a reliable battery that lasts up to 60 minutes. This is great, considering that the batteries of most scooters last for 45 minutes. Well, such a long-lasting battery will bring you a fascinating experience under the water.
Additionally, this scooter for ocean is designed in such a way that it will not bother marine life in any way. And this, in turn, will bring you a more immersive diving experience. You can use 2 of these scooters to enjoy a better experience.
It is suitable for snorkeling, scuba diving, and pool adventures. Furthermore, this scooter has a heat sink design that dissipates the warmth from the motor to make sure you are always enjoying peak performance from it. The scooter also features an intelligent battery design that significantly reduces the likelihood of damage.
What’s more, this scooter comes with everything for total satisfaction. It comes with a charger, a battery, a connected bundle, and a quick start guide. Plus it is backed by a 180-day limited warranty for battery and a 1-year limited warranty for the main machine.
- LED indicator lets you know when to change the battery
- Practical propeller guard protects hands, arms, and fingers
- Dive depth is up to 164 feet (50 meters)
- Positive buoyancy allows the scooter to get to the surface reliably and quickly
- Scooter seems to be of decent quality
- It is worth every penny
- The design is not bulky
- Suitable for the pool
- None so far
Buying Guide: The Best Sea Scooters
Sea scooters are pretty pricey. Therefore, the last thing you want if you decide to buy one is to be disappointed with, perhaps, its quality or performance. Stick with us in this section as we shall briefly take you through some of the things you need to look at before purchasing an underwater sea scooter.
You do not want to get into the water but even before 15 minutes could pass, you are back again. What are we say? When buying an underwater scooter, make sure it is equipped with a battery that lasts longer. A good battery should power the scooter for at least 30 minutes.
If you are buying a sea underwater scooter for your kids, this might not be a significant factor. It is, however, worth considering if you are buying a scooter for yourself or a fellow adult. This is because the motors of some scooters are not powerful enough to effectively pull an adult.
The propeller of a good scooter for sea should have guards to protect the fingers, hand, and arm from accidental injuries. A good scooter should also have an LED indicator that lets you know when the battery needs to be recharged or replaced.
Exploring the sea has always fascinated man since the dawn of time. A sea scooter makes this exploration much easier and more fun than ever before. It gives you the speed and maneuverability you need to clear all the curiosities you have always had about the ocean.