10 Best Car Touchscreen Monitors 2021 [Reviews & Buying Guide]
One of the best ways to remind people who get into your car that we are in the 21st century is to have a car touchscreen monitor. This unit is not just a symbol of living in the future but also it kills boredom that tends to set in even in an hour-long road trip. A good touchscreen monitor normally has an AM/FM radio, CD/DVD player, and many other features you will be thrilled to interact with. The following consumer reports provide you with reviews of the monitors we believe are the best in the market.
Best Car Touchscreen Monitors – [Reviews & Buying Guide]
- 1. Road Top Auto Car 7” Touchscreen Monitor
- 2. P.L.Z 7 Inch Touchscreen Monitor Car Stereo
- 3. SJOYBRING Car Stereo 7 Inch LCD Touchscreen Monitor
- 4. DDAUTO 12.5” Android Monitor Touch Screen, FM-DD125S
- 5. Kaskawise 12.5” Car Headrest Video Player
- 6. BOSS Audio 6.75 Inch LCD Touchscreen Monitor
- 7. Jarwee 7-inch Flip Out Touch Screen Car Stereo
- 8. ATOTO A6 Android Car Navigation Stereo with Dual Bluetooth
- 9. Pyle Android Touchscreen DVD/CD Player – Double DIN
- 10. Weibang Android 9.0 Car Headrest Video Player
1. Road Top Auto Car 7” Touchscreen Monitor
Road Top Touchscreen Monitor has wired android audio, navigation function, Bluetooth function, and wireless carplay. It can only be controlled by hand touch or via a phone. A car steering wheel or car knob cannot control it. Furthermore, this monitor is universal and works with all kinds of car brands.
It works with Mercedes, Ford, Jeep, BMW, Toyota, Nissan, and more. A 1-year warranty is included to protect the monitor from any original defects. A user guide is also included to help you operate the monitor without any issues. Plus the manufacturer promises professional assistance for 100-percent satisfaction.
- Built-in mic for Bluetooth calls and Siri function
- Plug-and-play installation is quick and easy
- Strong suction cup can be wall-mounted on a textured/smooth surface
- Screen size is 7 inches
- It is worth the money
- Does everything it promises to do
- Sound quality output is amazing
- The boot-up speed is pretty good
- The mic is not as good as expected
2. P.L.Z 7 Inch Touchscreen Monitor Car Stereo
P.L.Z Touchscreen Monitor will instantly make your driving moments unforgettable. It allows you to enjoy your favorite music and even answer calls conveniently without compromising your safety. Apart from the USB port and Aux input, this monitor features a 7-inch screen. It is large enough to provide you with clear viewing.
The monitor is also very responsive and boasts an ultra-rapid wake-up time. This means in no time it will be providing you with entertainment or simply making your time on the road an easy one. The outputs of the subwoofer and Pre-amp allow you to add up to a couple of amps and/or signal processors.
- ID3 Tag lets the audio file display extra data such as artist, title, etc
- Wireless remote control ensures the rest of the passengers enjoy their favorite tracks
- AV input lets you connect your MP3 player or smartphone to enjoy music
- Stylish LED buttons make using the monitor fun
- Screen quality is outstanding
- The quality of the backup camera is good
- Support team is amazing
- Installation is quick and easy
- The hands-free feature is not the best
3. SJOYBRING Car Stereo 7 Inch LCD Touchscreen Monitor
SJOYBRING Car Stereo Monitor is equipped with countless features. And these include Pre-amp outputs, 7-color LED buttons, ID3 tag, steering wheel controls, and a built-in preset EQ. The 7-color LED buttons make the touchscreen monitor very fun and convenient to use. In fact, all these features make the monitor convenient to use.
The monitor can be operated in multiple languages, including English, Spanish, French, Russian, German, Chinese (simplified), Polish, Portuguese, Hebrew, Italian, Arabic, and Turkish. The image format the monitor supports are JPEG, PNG, GIF, and BMP.
- Built-in Auto Play system is compatible with IOS and Android phones
- Automatically powers on the camera when the vehicle shifts into reverse
- Voice assistance is great for navigation, making phone calls, and playing music
- Bluetooth wireless stream for audio
- The price is right
- Rear view camera is waterproof
- Night vision is very useful
- Comes with a crowbar and an insulating tape
- None to write about
4. DDAUTO 12.5” Android Monitor Touch Screen, FM-DD125S
Rear passengers will never be bored again when you have the DDAUTO 12.5-Inch Touchscreen Monitor installed in your car. The touchscreen monitor provides them with an opportunity to watch News, watch YouTube, play online games, surf the internet, and enjoy Netflix movies, among others.
The monitor is backed by a 1-year warranty to protect against any unfortunates. Plus it supports SD cards as well as a USB flash drive. The maximum extended storage is 128G, which is large enough to let you store all the essential files and documents. You can turn off the FM/BT function if you want the sound delivered via the speaker.
- HDMI out/HDMI in function allows smooth syncing
- Supports 1080p video for a smooth watching experience
- 7 different colors of ambient light
- Sensitive 1920*1080 IPS touchscreen
- Arrives nicely packaged
- Comes with a lot of accessories
- The mounting system is extremely sturdy
- The entire screen feels very well made
- Needs to be constantly plugged into a power supply to work
5. Kaskawise 12.5” Car Headrest Video Player
Kaskawise Video Player with touchscreen monitor is great for when you are traveling with kids. It is equipped with a 64-bit Quad-core processor that is energy-efficient and powerful. It also has 16G ROM and 2GB RAM. Needless to say, expect quick app launches as well as smooth videos and games when you have this video player.
You will be able to watch Netflix movies, watch YouTube, play online games, and download apps in playstore. The screen of this video player is 12.5 inches. It is very large, and, therefore, will improve your watching experience.
- 1920*1080 IPS touch screen is sensitive for smooth operation
- Supports HDMI in and HDMI out
- 7 different colorful ambient lights
- Lets you choose your own car logo as boot logo
- The monitor has multiple UI themes
- The built-in 2W stereo speaker is a bonus
- Ultra-thin and very easy to install
- The screen is clear
- The booting process takes longer than expected
6. BOSS Audio 6.75 Inch LCD Touchscreen Monitor
Accessing icons on your iPhone is a cakewalk when you have BOSS Audio BVCP9685A. All you need to do is activate Siri so it can control the touchscreen. Some of the features you will enjoy with this LCD touchscreen monitor are audiobooks, podcasts, text messages, radio, maps, music, and phone.
The Apple CarPlay will make your driving experiences more interesting than ever before. You can ask Siri to read you your messages, replay and then send them. You will be able to fully focus on driving, given how much Siri can do. Siri even lowers volume every time your car is in reverse so you can clearly see the rear surroundings on the screen.
- Allows you to make calls hands-free
- Lets you play music apps like Pandora or Spotify
- Steering wheel interface lets you use the existing function
- Front, rear and subwoofer pre-amp outputs hook up speakers
- Extremely easy to install
- The unit has lots of features
- The price is pretty inexpensive
- The radio pulls stations in really well
- The screen is quite dim
7. Jarwee 7-inch Flip Out Touch Screen Car Stereo
Jarwee Touchscreen Car Stereo comes with a rear view camera, a map card, a power cable, a remote control, and a user manual written in English. These accessories make the car stereo easy and convenient to use. The car stereo supports audio playback formats of APE, FLAC, WAV, WMA, and MP3, among others.
And the video playback formats it supports are 3GP, ASF, RMVB, AVI, RM, VOB, DIVX, and more. GPS function is in this video player to make sure you do get lost easily. There is also AM/FM stereo radio to keep you entertained while on the road.
- Large 7-inch screen size ensures your viewing is not compromised
- BT function helps provide hands-free call
- 7-color button backlight brings fun in using the video player
- Full IR remote control is extremely easy to use
- The sound quality is wonderful
- The build quality is nicely done
- The price is great
- Customer service is helpful
- Instructions are a little too basic
ATOTO Car Navigation Stereo performs much better than anticipated in vehicles because it is deeply optimized and customized. It is engineered from the stable and widely used Android Marshmallow OS. Furthermore, this car navigation stereo has plenty of vehicle-based features.
These include steering wheel key control, Bluetooth, AUX/Backup camera input, and FM/AM radio. It is important to note that the steering wheel key does not have CD/DVD Player. Continuous firmware update for this unit is available to help add new features and ensure fewer bugs.
- Quick Booting feature sees the stereo come to life within 2 seconds
- Built-in microphone has been significantly improved
- Dual Bluetooth works as BT call/A2DP playback
- Google Maps are pre-installed; meaning you can download map data even when offline
- Customer service helps out in times of need
- The screen is bright and responsive
- Auto-dimming feature is great
- Boots fast within seconds
- Wi-Fi adapter is pretty slow
9. Pyle Android Touchscreen DVD/CD Player – Double DIN
The micro SD slot, USB flash reader, and CD/DVD Player enable the Pyle Touchscreen DVD/CD Player Unit to provide you with a wide array of entertainment options on your dashboard. The DVD/CD player is also equipped with wireless BT connectivity so you can pair it with BT-enabled devices such as Samsung and iPhone.
There is also WIFI connectivity that allows convenient web surfing and app downloads, among others. The GPS navigation function comes in handy when driving. It ensures you never lose track of where you are going. This unit also features a user-friendly touchscreen interface.
- 7-inch high-resolution TFT/LCD display
- Universal size means the monitor can fit most cars
- AM/FM radio has a 30-station memory
- Customizable EQ audio controls ensure the system is easy to use
- Looks clean inside the car
- Play Store works smoothly on it
- The screen works as advertised
- Has a rear aux ouput/input jack
- The remote must be at a “perfect” angle to work
10. Weibang Android 9.0 Car Headrest Video Player
The Weibang Car Headrest is equipped with a 2.5D IPS touchscreen. The touchscreen is high-performance and will give you a supple touch as well as sensitive handling. Needless to say, operating this car headrest video player is a cakewalk. It is perfect for when you are going on a trip with kids.
It has a 2G RAM, a 16G ROM, and a 1.8GHz Octa-core CPU. These 3 are high-grade and enable the video player to deliver smooth videos that everyone will enjoy. Moreover, this video player supports Netflix, online gaming, reading, email, Facebook, and YouTube.
- 13.3-inch large screen gives a more comfortable visual experience
- Can sync up to 1080P videos from the mobile phone
- 7 colorful ambient lights create better visual enjoyment
- Car logo can be used as the boot logo for ultimate customization
- Works with many different brands of vehicles
- Looks good once installed
- Comes with a user manual
- Has built-in Wi-Fi connectivity
- None that we know of
Buyer’s Guide – Touchscreen Monitor for Car
This buying guide talks about the following factors.
While most touchscreen monitors work with most brands of vehicles, “most” does not mean all. So, to avoid inconveniences, check whether your car is compatible with the monitor you want to buy. While doing that, try to focus on the types of monitors, which always come in two types – Single DIN and Double DIN.
Installing a touchscreen monitor looks cumbersome and intimidating. Well, if you at least feel like that when it comes to installing a car monitor, get a professional to do it for you. After all, most manufacturers of these units advise that you have your monitor professionally installed to not void the warranty.
You should not just pick a monitor with a good screen size but also you should make sure its screen is responsive. Also, the screen of the monitor you prefer to invest in should be bright enough to let you use it during very sunny days without any issues.
A car touchscreen monitor is an important investment that you should seriously consider owning. It makes trips more adventurous and, at the same time, improves safety on the road. It is particularly good for people with kids.