10 Best Portable Radiator Heaters 2021 [Reviews & Buying Guide]
Portable radiator heaters heat up rooms via radiation and convection. They provide heating and are suitable for small to medium-sized rooms. This means they are ideal for the bedroom, kid’s room, living room, garage, and even bathroom. What’s more, most of these heaters are equipped with castor wheels and a handle that make them easy to move from one place to another.
They are also compact enough to fit in tight spaces such as under the desk and in corners. Plus these heaters are built with safety in mind. They have an anti-tip function as well as an overheat protection system. Well, to help you settle on the best, we have reviewed a number of brands in the following consumer reports.
- 1. PELONIS Oil Filled Radiator Heater
- 2. Aikoper 1500W Space Oil Filled Radiator Heater
- 3. Air Choice Oil Portable Radiator Heater
- 4. De’Longhi Oil-Filled Radiator Space Heater
- 5. TaoTronics 1500W Oil Filled Space Heater Radiator Heaters
- 6. Honeywell EnergySmart Electric Oil Filled Radiator Heater (HZ-789)
- 7. Aigostar 1500W Oil Filled Radiator Electric Heater
- 8. KopBeau Oil Filled Space Heater Radiator Heaters
- 9. LIFEPLUS Oil Filled Radiator Heater with Remote Control
- 10. Kloudi Portable Electric Ceramic Space Heater
1. PELONIS Oil Filled Radiator Heater
PELONIS Radiator Heater is equipped with 3 heating modes, which include High, Low, and Eco. The high heating mode comes in handy when the room is extremely cold, while the low mode is useful for rooms that are not too cold. The Eco heating mode, on the other hand, is perfect for when you to conserve energy.
This unit also features 5 temperature settings that range from 65 degrees Fahrenheit to 85 degrees Fahrenheit. These settings will help you customize the amount of warmth you want in a given room without having to put up with an insanely huge electric bill. A remote control is provided to allow for distant operation.
- 4-swivel caster wheels make moving the heater a breeze
- Cord rewind at the bottom of the unit ensures easy use and storage
- Power indicator light shows that the unit is ON
- Built-in over-heat protection helps extend the lifespan of the unit
- Remote control comes with batteries
- The finish is unique and beautiful
- Produces gentle heat that does not dry out the air
- No fan meaning no unwanted noise
- The cord is not the longest – it is around 5ft long
2. Aikoper 1500W Space Oil Filled Radiator Heater
The thermostat of the Aikoper Space Heater is energy-saving & smart. This means all you need to do is set the temperature and heating power to start the thermostat. The unit will automatically detect the temperature of the ambient environment and then adjust to keep the set indoor temperature.
What’s more, this oil-filled space heater has 3 heating modes, including mode 1 (600W); mode 2 (900W), and mode 3 (1500W). It also boasts an adjustable temperature from 41 degrees Fahrenheit to 95 degrees Fahrenheit. The 3 modes and the adjustable temperature make it easy to customize warmth in your room.
- Strong convection heating technology heats the cold air fast
- Permanently sealed oil reservoir completely eliminates oil leakage issues
- ABS flame-resistant material is sturdy and improves safety
- Tail fin separation design adds extra protection
- The price and functionality are excellent
- The 4 wheels are very useful
- Makes little to no noise during operation
- The anti-tip feature is a nice addition
- Wheels do not come attached
3. Air Choice Oil Portable Radiator Heater
Air Choice Heater is an energy-saving unit that will not hike your electric bill. It boasts 700 watts of power, which is great, considering its low power consumption. Well, the high power rating enables it to heat a room up to 120 square feet. This unit also features a knob for easy adjusting of the heating power.
Plus it is quiet, and, therefore, will not bother you in any way. It keeps you warm, especially during winter, thereby, allowing you to sleep comfortably. The fact that the heater is quiet also means it is suitable for both home and office.
- Oil inside the heater does not need to be refilled or replaced
- Solid enough to last for at least 5 years
- Overheat shut-off function eliminates the possibility of fires
- Compact size enables the heater to fit nicely in tight spaces
- Great for the price
- Heats room fast in around 5 – 10 minutes
- The timer feature is a nice addition
- Suitable for people who experience power outages every now and then
- Not the best for very large rooms
4. De’Longhi Oil-Filled Radiator Space Heater
De’Longhi Radiator Space Heater can heat any room efficiently and effectively without making the electric bill skyrocket. It maintains the optimal room temperature, thereby, saving a lot of money in the long run. The heater is also easy to use as all you need to do is press the ComforTemp button so it can save energy.
When this unit is operating and producing heat, the surface temperature remains low. This means it is safe to use and ideal for a home with kids and pets. The safety of this space heater is further improved by thermal cut-off and a gently rounded design. What’s more, this heater comes with wheels already assembled.
- Adjustable thermostat and 3provide personalized comfort
- Anti-freeze setting enables the unit to turn itself on automatically in temp below 44 deg F
- Heating power settings are 700W (Low), 800W (Medium), and 1500W (High)
- Rust-resistant metal construction is durable
- Four wheels roll easily on wooden and carpeted floors
- The orange light shows that the unit is active
- Keeps fairly large rooms warm without massive electric bills
- Comes in hassle-free packaging
- The cord is a bit too short
5. TaoTronics 1500W Oil Filled Space Heater Radiator Heaters
TaoTronics 1500W Space Radiator Heater has an adjustable temperature from 40 – 95 degrees Fahrenheit. The adjustable temperature combines with 3 heating modes (600W, 900W, and 1500W) to make sure you are able to achieve personalized comfort and warmth. Furthermore, this heater is engineered with safety in mind.
It has an automatic anti-fall protection system and an overheat protection function. All these will give you peace of mind knowing that the worst will not happen even when you are not around. The anti-fall protection automatically shuts the unit off in the event it is accidentally tipped over.
- 4 caster wheels improve portability
- Smart ECO mode adjusts the room temperature automatically
- 24H timer for automatic ON and OFF
- LED display helps make the radiator heater easy to use
- The price is reasonable
- The design is classic and looks great
- Assembling the unit is a piece of cake
- Looks much more expensive than it is
- The remote control could be sturdier
6. Honeywell EnergySmart Electric Oil Filled Radiator Heater (HZ-789)
Honeywell HZ-789 brings comfort to any room. So, whether you plan to warm up a small room or a large one, this unit should be a frontier for you. It is not just suitable for home but also can be used in the office or school.
It measures 13.70 by 9.00 by 24.40 inches and weighs 19.70 pounds. It is compact and lightweight; hence, you can easily move it from one room to another for maximum convenience. What’s even better, the heating power rating of Honeywell HZ-789 is 1500 watts despite the lightweight and small size.
- Digital EasySet Controls feature a timer (1 – 12 hours), 3 heat settings, and an adjustable thermostat
- Easy-pull large handle makes the heater easy to carry during transport
- Easy-glide wheels make moving the heater from room to room a no-brainer
- Safety features include overheating protection, thermal-insulated wiring, and 360-degree tip-over switch
- Warms small spaces incredibly fast
- Build quality is sturdy
- Lots of safety features
- The included electric cord is heavy-duty
- Wheels could be better
7. Aigostar 1500W Oil Filled Radiator Electric Heater
Aigostar 7-Fin Oil-filled Radiator boasts a maximum power rating of 1500 watts, which are roughly 5200 BTUs. The high power rating makes it suitable for rooms ranging from 100 sq. ft. to 160 sq. ft. Besides, this electric heater provides personalized warmth. It has an adjustable thermostat and 3 heat settings to meet all your heating needs.
The overall dimensions of the heater are 15.4 by 6.4 by 26.1 inches. It is fair to say that it is a compactly-sized heater that can fit in any space. The fin width is 5.8 inches and the rated voltage is 120V, 60Hz. Furthermore, this unit features a white finish that blends with any décor.
- Switches off automatically if tipped over or gets hot
- Oil inside is permanently sealed with high-density low carbon steel
- 4 universal wheels and a carry handle
- Anti-freeze setting prevents frozen pipes
- Controls are simple and easy to use
- Easy to store when not in use
- Well built and works without making disturbing noises
- Great for keeping the bathroom nice and toasty
- Produces a strong smell when first turned on
8. KopBeau Oil Filled Space Heater Radiator Heaters
The tip-over protection switch turns the KopBeau Oil Filled Heater off if it is accidentally knocked over. This ensures maximum safety. There is also an overheat protection system that protects against fire hazards. All these are to give you peace of mind and make you sleep much better at night.
The heater is ideal for the kid’s room, living room, bathroom, and bedroom. Whichever place you set it up, this unit will keep it warm and toasty. It does an excellent job without consuming a lot of energy; thanks to the smart Eco mode. The mode maintains room temperature by cycling between the lowest and highest setting.
- Latest convection heat technology makes the unit efficient
- Fully-enclosed housing protects the oil-filled heat sink
- Lets you set the temperature in 1-degree increments
- 3 heat settings include 600, 900, and 1500 watts
- The design is modern looking
- The footprint is relatively small
- The numbers on the display are large and easy to read
- Comes with a remote controller
- Wheels are pretty small and may not glide smoothly on carpeted floors
9. LIFEPLUS Oil Filled Radiator Heater with Remote Control
LIFEPLUS Oil Filled Heater has 7 heating fins that no doubt make it one of the best. These heating fins spread a lot of heat evenly, thereby, keeping your room warm and comfortable in no time. The heater also has 3 power modes, including Low (600W), Medium (900W), and High (1500W).
The various power modes will meet all your heating needs. The heater is energy-efficient; hence, you do not need to worry about the electric bill when you have it. It is very portable, and, therefore, can be used anywhere, including in the bedroom, office, garage, living room, and bathroom.
- Adjustable thermostat lets you set the temperature from 59 deg F to 95 deg F
- Timer can be set to automatically turn the heater on or off after a certain period
- Individual control panel makes the heater convenient to operate
- Intuitive LED display shows the current power mode, temperature, and time
- Comes with remote control
- Radiates heat really nicely
- The small size does not take up much space
- Extremely easy to assemble
- The buttons on the unit are a little rigid
10. Kloudi Portable Electric Ceramic Space Heater
Kloudi Ceramic Space Heater boasts 42dB quiet operation. This means you can leave it on at night when sleeping. The quiet operation will also not bother you when reading or resting. In a nutshell, it makes this heater ideal for any room, including the bedroom and study room.
The heater is ETL certified, and this shows that it has undergone rigorous tests for safety and quality. Plus it features a sleek design that makes it blend seamlessly with any room décor. The design also makes it a stunning gift idea for family and friends. If you want to stay comfortable and cozy during winter, this heater is worth considering.
- 3 temperature settings include High Heat, Natural Wind, and Low Heat
- Recessed carry handle makes the heater easy to move from place to place
- Fireproof ABS V0 materials ensure safe performance
- PTC ceramic heating technology provides rapid heating
- The design is sleek and minimalistic
- Materials feel solid and are not cheap
- Setup is extremely simple
- No weird smell when switched on for the first time
- Smaller than expected, but this is to improve portability
Buying Guide: Best Radiator Heaters
Checking the following factors before making a purchase will further increase your chances of getting a good radiator heater.
Since you are looking for a portable unit, it makes a lot of sense to go for something compact and easy to move around. You should also pick a unit with a functional handle as well as easy-glide wheels. The thing is; these features greatly improve portability by making the heater very easy to move from one room to another.
Most heaters are not poorly engineered. What are we saying? If you buy a heater made for small to medium rooms but to choose to use it in a large room, you will be utterly disappointed and think it is a bad one. It is, therefore, important that you check the recommended room size before buying a heating radiator.
Safety should come first when dealing with appliances such as radiator heaters. We do not mean to scare you but there are many instances where heaters have led to fire hazards. The good thing is all these can be prevented by choosing a well-made and safe heater. Normally, this heater has an anti-fall feature, overheating protection, and is ETL certified.
What’s great about these heaters is that they are not just ideal for winter. The fact that they have different heat settings means they are suitable for all-year use. They are also portable, and, therefore, can be used anywhere, including at home, in the office, as well as in the classroom.